[Request] Gigabyte G5 KD Bios Unlock

Hello,

I bought this laptop, it has a CPU Intel i5-11400h and GPU Nvidia RTX 3060 (Mobile). I would like to unlock the bios, mainly to be able to lower the CPU voltage.

I updated to the lasted bios FB05 which can be downloaded here:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/nb-bios-win10-win11-64bit-G5KD_FB05.zip?v=a4abb0624ede72ca34ec267bbfb7d602

I don’t know if this is necesary, I also made a backup with BACKUP_Tools20h2:

I don’t know how to do it by myself. If there is a guide to mod/unlock this bios, I would like to know about it too.

Thanks you in advance

Quick reply since I’m at work, it seems to be an AMI Aptio 5 based firmware, I have yet to look into those, but I’ll probably be looking at one tonight (say… 9h from now) so if I am confident that I can help, I will.

In any case, look into these, they’re guides that should come in handy:

Also, what you posted, that results20 archive, is useful :slightly_smiling_face:, for example:

• The “x64_All_regions_15.0.1.1347.bin” file contains the whole content of your flash chip, if anything went wrong it could be used to restore it to a sane state.
  • “x64_bios-region_15.0.1.1347.bin” is the file to be working with, after modifications a similar one would be flashed using FPT (e.g., fptw -bios -f modified_file.bin), and you can find that tool in the this thread, at the C2 section: Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

That’s all for now, if you do modifications yourself and you want it to be checked I’m sure if you post the modified file here someone would.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response.

I looked at these infos, looks like something a bit complex, the UBU tool there is some advertisement about taking very care about modifing “mobile bios” (which is my case). I’ll read it more carefully later, at the moment I don’t have much time either.

Bye :grinning: