[Request] Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H BIOS with NVMe Support

Hi, I´d to Know Yes, it is possible to migrate from a recently installed Kinston a400 960 Mb ssd disk with windows10 and app to an nvme hard disk with adapter for pcixpress 3.0 16x with an nvme.

And if I need a modified bios I have the latest version of Bios but the nvme does not recognize it?
I need a modified bios?
Would I recognize it with a modified bios or do I not need such action?
Gigabyte’s tell me I need a modified bios.
Can you help me with this issue?
Best Regards

EDIT by Fernando:
Thread moved into the "BIOS Modding Request" Sub-Forum and thread title customized/specified

GA-H87M-D3H (rev. 1.x) based on F11 (dated 2‎015/08/18) updated microcodes,modules with added nvme support

GA-H87M-D3H (rev. 1.x) specs

Migration is possible but I recommend clean Windows 10 installation using Media Creation Tool

Good afternoon, the file that you send me by mediafire cloud is the original by Gigabyte or
has been modified?
because I got this F11 bios installed/dated 2015/08/18) but not included nvme support!!
what kind of modules has been added?
Can use any card pcixxpress 3.0 adaptor and nvme 3.0 models?
which ones would you recommend for this motherboard?
thank you so much for sending this.
you are a genius!!!

it is a modified bios
it has nvme support now
only nvme module added,others just has been updated
any pci adapter would be fine.buy a good one without bankrupting yourself,think ahead though,quality matters in terms of speed and life expectancy
thats a hard one,i need to google for that
thank you :slight_smile:

0b1.jpg

cannot be downloaded :frowning:

@dilbercik : If you want, that onuracengiz gets notified about your posts, yoiu should tag him by putting an "@" in front of his nickname.

@dilbercik

Whats wrong with an effort from ur side in doing the mod urself.

[HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

Use AMI MMtool to insert the module (NvmExpressDxe_Small) and Q-Flash inside bios.

EDIT: No way…its easy, only the flash can give error sometimes. Explain wot fails.
U wont see nothing in bios (most cases), after flash u need to follow the instructions in the 1st link about the correct OS installation.

@MeatWar 3 unsuccessful attempts … I’m too stupid

Nice post guys, I did the tutorial in the link and it worked for me, Thanksssss!!!

is possible reupload
GA-H87M-D3H (rev. 1.x) based on F11 (dated 2‎015/08/18) updated microcodes,modules with added nvme support

Thanks

First, i downloaded the “pure” version of my BIOS directly from my Gigabye MOBO page. Then it took me quite some time to read carefully your Guide and even after i followed the instructions and using the “small” variant of the NVMe module because i got a meaningful error message (e.g. “Not enough space within the Volume” ), i had to verifyed each line (“Padding issue”). That was another 2 hours aprox. Apparently everything looks fine. Now im almost finish the last steps.

But then i got a question. How to name the BIOS file? Thx good i keep reading the next tutorial:

and resolve my other question that i have " which flashing tool should be used? since Gigabyte have his own Bios module to update.

Finally i used Gigabyte Bios tool and there was succesfully.

1 Like

NO WINDOWS environment. Use bios Q-Flash, the bios mod can have the same name as original one.

1 Like

ahh fck, I was wrong then, gigabyte has a tool to update the bios, I got confused when using the windows environment instead of using the Q-Flash utility. In fact, when trying to configure the fans from the Windows environment through the Gigabyte tools, a blue screen appeared and it restarted. I suppose it was due to the fact that I modified the BIOS. I’ll try to install the bios properly this time and see if it doesn’t give me an error this time.

Done! I ordered a Nvm2 Samsumg 980 Pro (PCIe Gen 4,0x4 M.2 2280), meanwhile, I have no way to test if it works or not. But as soon as it arrives, I hope to share how it went.

Testting…
[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS - Special Topics / NVMe Support for old Systems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

From the linked guide, a MUST
Step 3, Additional Notes…

OR

Making a backup/dump of the current system bios (assuming the mod was correctly flashed), you can open it and check if indeed the DXE is present now.

Good luck.

Ohhh of course! i backup the new bios and you was right, the new DXE was there! thx u so much sir. My next update will be when i got my M.2 and install it.