[Request] HP Prodesk G2.5 BIOS unlock

Cross posted on BIOS mods, haven’t had any bites, looking for any possible help or closure. I have an HP Prodesk G2.5 HP ProDesk 400 G2.5 Small Form Factor PC Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Latest bios 02.27 Rev.A

I want to unlock turbo boost for it. Current (latest) BIOS has no options for it under advanced, no options whatsoever. Could anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Welcome to the forum.
You should try to dump the bios (at least the Bios_region) with the correct Intel FPT tool, from ME FW package
and use this guide/tool for possible unlocked items available/not showing.

A manual edit in another platform but similar steps:
[GUIDE] [UPDATE] Usage of AMI’s AptioV UEFI Editor + FPT Flash Method - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Branded machines like HP have a difficult security issue to bypass mod files, it may be possible to write the a mod of the bios region only, if a jumper is present on the board (ME_Disable / Factory_Mode / Service_mode, etc…) but general rule it needs to be written with an SPI programmer…and nothing is granted.
Good luck.

EDIT: Yes FDO, sry i cant remember all OEMs jumpers…
By your remarks you’re not familiar with this tools and seems to lack experience on this field, i do not encourage you to procede more and i will not provide further guidance to unexpereicenced users, sorry.

Thank you for the fast response. The mobo has pins for pswd (google showing for bios password resets), and FDO (for Intel ME updates?). I dont see any other jumpers. I went through the first guide and was having some success, but the step to use ifrextractor produced "no IFR data found, so Im still working through that. I’m also not sure what you meant by “You should try to dump the bios (at least the Bios_region) with the correct Intel FPT tool, from ME FW package” Is this just to get the current BIOS installed? Would that be different than downloading it from HP’s site?

What an arrogant attitude, how do you expect anyone to learn then? If I was already an expert, I wouldn’t need to be posting. Truly an appalling attitude and I sincerely hope your attitude is not representative of this community.

I understand your frustration… and this is only my attitude.
You can wait for other users that can guide you further or that are willing to waste their time to attend such request.
No one likes it, specially me, to see a forum user with a death motherboard and im sure that you’ll agree with this. No offense taken, all the best and good luck.

The way I’m reading this is that turbo boost is enabled by default, that the option is BIOS is just hidden?