[Request] HP Z230 activate SPD Write feature

Hello, guys.

Ask for help in unlocking hidden BIOS settings or to enable this feature permanently.
It is mainly needed to disable SPD Write Protection.
I tried so many ways to get it work, but i can’t write modded BIOS on the PC after my changes.
Hope someone could help me)

BIOS.BIN - uploaded the bin here.

PC - HP Z230
PC specs:
i5-4590.
HD 7870.
BIOS: L51 v1.63.

in case of fptw64.exe write error - in EFI GRUB Shell (Deathbringer unlock), execute:
setup_var 0x96 0x0
setup_var 0x97 0x0
setup_var 0x98 0x0
setup_var 0x99 0x0
setup_var 0x9a 0x0
(those offsets, that I took from the forum thread mentioned above, are also valid for HP Z230, I checked)

Thx for reply, i saw that on NVME fix topic, but not understand - will it fix my problem?

It’s not clear why you need to modify the BIOS and whether you understand the risks

I’m going to slightly change the timings/frequency of the RAM using Thaiphoon Burner, I think unlocking one function in the BIOS will be easier than adding a whole tab for overclocking the RAM.

Не сразу увидел сообщение на русском, так бы быстрее отписал)

1600 Mgz

Та у меня на одной плашке 1333, в итоге вся память из-за неё хромает

Понял вас, в любом случае - спасибо вам за отведённое время :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s cheaper to take the right one than to risk the system (!!!)

I’m not your help here,
but I just want to save you iron, nerves and money :slight_smile:

Last warning, for both.
Do please edit and correct the posts.

EDIT:
We all visit other forums including RUS.
This forum uses and always has been in ENGLISH, we have a lot of RU users, they all post in English.

Other languages should be used in the private message system.

1 Like

Sorry, who is on the forum, for messages in Russian

It was discussed above that it is better to set the normal bar to 1600 than to risk the system