[Request] Lenovo IdeaCentre Y910 Mod SkyLake to KabyLake

Ok. I will do it!

----------------
@Lost_N_BIOS Ok. I got it¡

I have to tell you that the Lenovo flashing program didn’t work. I had to use the programmer 1.29 and write the last attached bios file (the oldest one) and then after booting run the Lenovo flashing program and then it works.
Tell me if this file is ok.

Thanks!!

LenovoIdeacentrey910biosv129LastDumped.zip (4.08 MB)

Write the BIOS I sent you, with fixed ME FW, with programmer. Then run the stock Tool.
If you have to program in some “Old” BIOS version, to then update with Lenovo exe to latest BIOS, then send me this “OLD” BIOS version you’re programming in, so I can fix the ME FW first
I’m not even looking at above file I don’t understand what file you meant you wrote, or why, so waste of time I suppose, since it’s nothing that I requested you do

Also, as we already covered, use 1.30 and BV ID, unless you want to carry on and create more issues, failed bricked BIOS due to bad dump, edited, then bad writes etc?
Seems OK though I guess, since you wrote with 1.29 and it booted? Did you erase first, then blank check, then write/verify? If yes, OK.
If you have failed write later and it wont boot, is bricked, you wont know if it’s due to bad BIOS or 1.29 software, this is why it’s not ideal.
But, if it always works for you, then we can use

Sorry for the misunderstood.

I writted the fixed ME FW you send me, and I try to update with the stock tool from Lenovo but It does nothing. It says "-Undefined ROM image BIOS version."

Edit: I fix it. I had to flash under the command: “afuwin imageo2g.bin /x”. Reseat the PC and then use the stock tool from Lenovo.
Tell me if now is ok

LenovoIdeacentrey910bios130BVMEUPDHope.zip (3.95 MB)

Sounds like BIOS version error, like it wont let you update to new or same version
So, send me whatever old BIOS file you write that is OK, that will let exe update run, and I will fix ME FW in it first, then you can program in, then update with EXE and dump again to send to me

@Lost_N_BIOS
I think I fix it. Look at my previous post.

That’s not stock update method, stock method uses Winflash (Wflash2.exe) Stuff like that is probably how you are in this predicament
But either way, yes, that sounds like it should now be stock BIOS region (and hopefully still fixed 11.8 ME FW) - Yes, all looks good now! But check below before we carry on

Please see Warning for all CSME v11 info here, and run meinfo check to see if “re-key” is needed, if so, do as is mentioned there, then make a new dump (sorry, I just remember this needs checked)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

In post #2, section C.2, you will find ME System Tools package, grab V11, inside find MEINFO folder >> Win32, from there run command prompt and enter >> MEINFOwin.exe and see if it says re-key needed.
This not related to anything we’re doing here, and we’re going to downgrade ME FW eventually anyway, but I wanted to get you a fully updated BIOS + ME FW file to have as backup in case you ever need to go back to that.

OK.@Lost_N_BIOS I did it. It says:

Re-key needed----->False

It’s fine, no?

Tnx.

All good then! OK, tonight when I get back I will work on the mod BIOS for you… finally
Sorry for all this hassles, but I wanted to make sure you had good proper BIOS to go back to if all mods fail.

Thanks!!!:clap::clap::clap::+1:

Good day!!!

What happens now, when I switch on my PC, sometimes, keeps with black screen and I have to disconnect from the current AC, disconnect de battery and reconnect to be able to run it. I’m not sure why…

Edit: Also happenss sometimes in sleep mode.

Did you load optimal defaults in BIOS, then save/reboot back to BIOS and change all settings to how you had before? if not, do that now.
Sleep is a pain, I wish it was never invented, so dumb and causes so many problems. Anything can cause sleep issues, BIOS itself, ME FW, ANY driver, ANY Windows issue, ANY program etc (HUGE list of stuff that can mess it up)
Is this BIOS version you are using now, exact same one as you’ve always used? If yes, if you want, I can make you a new BIOS with clean ME FW, but using the exact same ME FW version as originally in the BIOS, that way you can at least rule out ME FW as the cause of this issue, before we carry on.

But, in the mod BIOS, ME FW will be either original 11.0.x, or 11.6 (either way, not same as now), so maybe waste of time to mess with trying to sort that out now… Well, other than having good BIOS for you to go back to if the mod wont work
So yeah, lets do that, just so you can be sure ME FW is or is not the cause of these issues.

I will try to make that BIOS for you tonight, and get this mod done too!! Sorry so slow, I am always behind, and try to work on 100 things at once.
Plus, I’ve been discussing part of your mod on another thread to sort out some things about VBT/GOP too before I do the mod.

Good Morning!!
Today I couldn’t wake up my PC at first time. I had to do like my previous post. Also when I shutdown my PC, it keeps with black screen and fan on.
Now, I went to the BIOS menu and save Load Optimal Defaults and come back to change all settings as I had before.
I will cross fingers and I will check today. I hope everything is going to be ok.
Talking about ME FW, do what ever you think is ok. I will check it and I will tell you how it works.
You don’t have to say I’m sorry, I know you are doing your best to have my BIOS ok, and I have to be grateful to find a person like you who wants to help me.
THANK YOU!!

@Lost_N_BIOS I did like I posted before and at first shutdown my PC keeps on with black screen and fan running (like I told you before).

Edit (at 16:00): I have just switched on my PC and it makes 2 beeps and show me the following:

“Error 00CE: Machine Type or Serial Number is INVALID”
“Manufacturing Boot Sequence will be taken if not selection is made”

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS
Any news about the modding?

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

Sorry for make you loose your time. My bios was completly broken. I had my BIOS ME Region wrong from the beggining and for whatever reason the BIOS ME Repositories was not working well on my pc.
I had to take stock BIOS, extract Me Region and insert it on my original BIOS.
Now I’m sure that everything is working correctly. PC start quickly, no standby problems and ME Analyzer check was ok.
I did the Re-key needed check and was False
Now I’m sure my BIOS could be modded.
I leave attached my bios working file, extracted with programmer 1.30BV.
Could you mod my bios to 7ºGen now?
I hope you can help me.
Thanks!

Biosy910 + ME 11.0.2.1003 dump with Programmer130BV.zip (4.02 MB)

@Lestero - Sorry for the delay! I am working on BIOS now, but for the minute, I’ve hit an issue with padding files missing and rearrangement of modules mid-edit (doing GOP Update)
The rearrangement is probably a non-issue, but often when padding is removed above something, it can = brick. Once I get all things updated, and test swapping in updated modules a few different ways, I will see if I can work around these issues (mainly the padding issues)
If I can’t, you will just have to test 2-3 BIOS maybe, and see if any boot or all brick etc. If all brick, then you can’t do this mod on this system, due to this issue.
Here, see what I am talking about. On left is last BIOS you attached (matches stock in what we’re discussing here), and on left is three different edits to update GOP ONLY - MMTool 52, 507, and UBU edited)

Pad-Rearrange-Issue.png

Ok. Thanks.
Waiting for the file to try a flash.

@Lestero - The bad part here is, you can only have one microcode in this BIOS, so you can’t test if BIOS bootable/OK with older CPU first.
So we wont know if brick/fail is due to padding stuff I mentioned, or just bad mod/not happening etc.
So, here is three BIOS to test for now Luckily you have programmer! Put in new CPU, and be ready for all to fail - ie be ready for recovery once done testing!!
* edit - New link - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…561297089091975

Don’t put back in old CPU, or recovery to known good BIOS, until you tested all three of these BIOS. If all three fail, then program back in your last known good dump and put back in old CPU.
I will then try to work around this padding issues, so we can see if that is the cause of the problem or not.
OR!! If you want, I can first swap back in old CPU microcode to these same three BIOS, then you can re-test all three with old CPU and let me know which are OK and which fail to boot.
If you’d be up for that testing round too?

Ok. I will try and tell you if all works, 2, 1 or none.
If some works I will test stability.
Cross fingers.
Thanks!

@Lestero - Sorry, I forgot to mention! After programming in first BIOS of these, please do the following to reset ME FW state >>
Remove ALL power from the board, main battery, power cable, programmer etc (CMOS is OK) Then press power on button for 10-15 seconds, then let sit one minute with zero power
Then you can plug in battery/PSU and start testing. This only needs done once, after first programming, due to ME 11.0 >> 11.6