[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkstation P330 Tiny BIOS Unlock Request

Hi All,

I am looking for assistance to unlock all hidden options of P330 Tiny BIOS. I need to power limits as my p330 tiny unit is hitting 100 degrees celcius under load.
Basically BIOS is failing to do throttling even when TJ Max junction is reached.
I have replaced thermal paste but that doesn’t help. I have to set PL1 and PL2 power limits in unlocked BIOS.

I have tried altering PL1 and PL2 limits using ThrottleStop/XTU and it helps to resolve high temps.

Default PL1 power limit: 81 Watt
Default PL2 power limit: 65 Watt

Desired PL1 power limit with unlocked BIOS: 55 Watt
Desired PL2 power limit with unlocked BIOS: 50 Watt

Latest version can be found here h11ps://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/think…/m1ujy66usa.exe
Replace h11ps:// with https://

Current Release: M1UKT66A

Run and select ‘extract only’ option to get BIOS ROM dump.

P330 Tiny BIOS is same as ThinkCentre M720t, M720s, M720q, M920t, M920s, M920q and M920x.

I have tried to open bios rom file in AMIBCP v5. I get error stating ‘the input image is not Aptio V’.

P330 Tiny has a service jumper but that doesn’t give write access.
FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin fails.
FPT.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin fails.

Regards
Harmandeep

Have you tried ThrottleStop?

This is INSYDE bios core but AMI Aptio IV tools can open it, u cant edit nothing with AMIBCP, ull have to try, if possible, with IFRextract and HEX edit or Insyde tools, maybe H2OUVE.
Lenovo bios doesnt contain any Intel ME FW image, so ull have to try again editing a full dump/bios region only.
Usually the service jumper lets FPT tool access spi regions, ull have to use same FPTtool as ur Intel ME.
Or unlock it: [Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing
alternative unlock by GRUB or RU.

Funny. Could dump the complete firmware with fptw64 -d firmware.bin on a new M920q (without fiddling with jumpers).

Funny. Could dump the complete firmware with fptw64 -d firmware.bin on a new M920q (without fiddling with jumpers).

Hi,

you are correct. I have corrected my first post. I get error only while trying to write to flash. Dumping SPI is okay.

fptw64 -d SPI.bin

Hi,

you are correct. I have corrected my first post. I get error only while trying to write to flash. Dumping SPI is okay.

fptw64 -d SPI.bin

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks for the reply. In another thread where Lenovo M720q BIOS was unlocked, AMIBCP was used to unlock hidden UI interfaces.
M720q BIOS is same as P330 Tiny or M920q.

Need help to unlock Lenovo M720q BIOS settings (2)

Can you please double check and confirm which tools should be used to explore hidden menus.
I don’t have AMI Aptio IV tools :frowning:

Regards
Harmandeep