Hello Lost_N_BIOS, I now have a ch341a with Soic 8 clip

I made a dump of the Bios.

Bios Chip: WinBond w25Q64FV

Linux flashrom 1.1-1
I hope he read the chip correctly.

Flashdump

flashrom -p ch341a_spi -r ASUS_X555LB.bin

How can we repair the bios

The Intel ME is not recognized in Windows. Error code 10.

After pressing the power button, the boat takes about 30 seconds until the Asus logo comes and then you can only enter the bios.

The bios is still not unlocked (all hidden functions)

Can you fix that somehow? or help me? possibly also a BIOS driver update for the component!

Thanks in advance.

Data overview from the bios dump

Bios-Dump_Ch341_ASUS_X555LB.zip (3.51 MB)

Sounds like you messed up the ME FW, how did you do that? I thought we fixed it, but I guess not
I am not familiar with flashrom, so I can’t help with that at all, hopefully you get along OK there

I thought your BIOS was OK, and you only needed CFG lock disabled? But yes, I do see end of page one, we were still trying to find a way to get your ME FW flashed
So, to refresh, you want unlocked menu and CFG lock disabled by default, and now also fix ME FW correct?

Of course the BIOS is “Still not unlocked” I haven’t sent you any unlocked BIOS yet

Hello Lost_N_BIOS,

I stopped the bios fix at the time because I didn’t have a ch341a, yes I want to fix the ME FW first and then activate the bios later. For all functions

(CFG lock) I don’t need it urgently, but if the bios is unlocked i could set it myself later in the bios.

So they told me to get a ch341a to fix the problem with the ME FW.

So one by one, first I want to fix the bios that everything works again + unlock all functions.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, I think I sorted it all out eventually, after reading back, in middle of my reply
I will get you BIOS done soon as I can, we’ll fix it all at once

Thank you very much, I’m waiting for your help

Please have a look at the bios dump with flashrom if it is ok we use it, if not i use other software to read out for bios chip: WinBond w25Q64FV with ch341a

------------------

Bad news i have the ch341a black/gold with 5v bug :frowning: crap china I just tested it with the multimeter

It’s 3.3v coming out to the chip, unless you moved the jumper from position 1-2 to 2-3
And yes, I already checked, flashrom isn’t an issue for me, I only meant I can’t help advise you with any issues you might run into while using it.

Thanks for the info, can you fix the bios now with the dump that all works?

What do you mean >> with the dump that all works? That doesn’t sound right, but maybe a translation issue?

You need unlocked menu and CFG lock disabled by default, and ME FW fixed/updated, using BIOS from post #22 correct?

Yes I mean, can you repair the BIOS firmware now? That I can flash it later with the cha341a.

You told me that I should get a cha341a that we can do the repair.