[Request] NVMe Support for DELL Optiplex 9020 SFF

Hello dear, I am new to the forum and I see that many of the inconveniences of us novice PC users are solved here.
My case is the following:
My motherboard doesn’t have the M2 interface or port, so I used a PCIe 3.0 x16 adapter to install an nvme SSD in a PCIe version 2.0 slot; The Bios does not recognize it within the device priorities to boot the operating system, it only recognizes it as a storage device… could you help me with this? I appreciate your help.
The characteristics of my PC are the following:

• DELL Optiplex 9020 SFF Core i7 4770
  • Mainboard: DELL inc. 0XCR8D A02
  • Intel Haswell Q87 chipset
  • Bios DELL A25 date 05/30/2019
  • PS: It has a TPM 1.2, UEFI and secure boot.
    I attach the photos of CPU-Z
    CPU

[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS - Special Topics / NVMe Support for old Systems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Dell specific and required actions:
Install and boot from an NVMe SSD on a Dell OptiPlex 9020, 7020 or 3020 (tachytelic.net)

EDIT: I see a lot of users using the “dear” word… Im a South Latin European man… and we “men”, only address as “dear” to our wife or mistress, better check your translator… and no “gays” here.
I think the correct words to use in a forum would be “Sir” or “My friend”
No offense taken and no need to reply, good luck.

Thank you very much, I will review the instructive documents that you have provided me, any additional questions I will let you know.
Best regards dear.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:…I understand your concern, of course it is a bad translation, from now on I will change the term…thanks for the clarification.:+1::+1::+1::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like