[Request] P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 NVMe mod support

Hello, my name is Javier, I am Spanish. By which I mean that everything I do or receive from this forum I have to translate, which makes it even more complicated for me since the translation does not always have adequate precision, excuse me for That said, I don’t usually give up once I start something, I have come to you in my quest to be able to boot my ASUS motherboards (P8H61-M-LX3-PLUS-R2 rev2.0) and AMI (H81M-E34 (MS7817) from NVME SSD as boot disk.

Describe what errors you encountered when doing the mod.
The guide is very easy to follow.

Help mod bios board ASUS P8H61-M-XL3-PLUS-R2

help mod bios board
after many days and a thousand temples
I only get 3 errors when I update the bios mod (via usb, via windows or via the bios)
1e

I’ve tried everything and I’m getting busier every time.
Not knowing English doesn’t help me even though I translated the installation guides
I need to clarify these points, to be sure,
do you need to put the nvme file in any bios?
1 to my bacukn
2 original asus download
3 to the capsule of one of them?

What bios should be removed from the bios region?
1 to my bacukn
2 original asus download
3?

that the bios should put the bios region
1 to bios mod
2?

program used uefitool for modification
programs to update bios afudos.afuwin and bios
BIO MOD.rar (7.4 MB)

The mod can be done with MMtool or UEFItool, on a full dump made with Intel FPT tool, on the CAP file from Asus or in the “Intel Image”, saved as ROM, extracted with UEFI tool.

This board has no USB BFB feature so, the traditional flash methods will not work due to the Asus/AMI security features using modified bios files, expected.

Depending on the file chosen to mod, CAP or ROM there will be different tools and routes to follow, so read the fowling thread…that it’s also linked in the guide you followed

Guide for ASUS mainboards
with an AMI UEFI BIOS

1 NOT POSSIBLE on this board
2 AFUWIN with /GAN
3 AISuite
4 Flashrom

[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

1 Like

+in that ron I made the mod adding NvmExpressDxe_Small in compressed with mmtoll

recording:

+boot from usb
+you first save the original bios file downloaded from asus in cap

ex: afudos original bios.cap—the original bio will be recorded

+you wait for it to finish and then

+record the bio mod.rom

e.g. afudos biosmod.rom /gan ----- the rom will be burned

restart the pc, an entry will have been added to the boot list, that is your ssd disk

Thanks to everyone who makes it possible to learn all this
I leave you backu of my bios with nvme
p8h61 is asus and the second ones are smi (H81M-E34 (MS7817)

asus
BAKUN-P8H61-CON NVME.rar (3.7 MB)

smi (H81M-E34 (MS7817)
E7817IMS-nvme-mias-puestas-msi.rar (5.8 MB)