[Request] P8Z77-V LK NVME Bios Mod

I bricked the motherboard when i tried using the Bios.ROM file you made. flashed it using AFUWIN Tool…flashing went well no errors . reboot gave brick

no issues with the GPU file you gave me …it worked great.

1 Like

My raspberry Pi …did not have the correct clip . I had to bend up one that sort of fit it…but it worked enough to flash the backup i made before bricking.

You gave me 2 files …are both modified… specifically the CAP ones ?

nice to know that! seems like the bios you sent were inserted using uefitool

maybe wanna try this @spiidertnt ?
NvME2.rar (3.9 MB)

here’s the thing i inserted:

and ME 8.1.70.1590, all using UEFITOOL, based on the bios u gave me.

That file produces brick also !

1 Like

alright, it is a good idea to zip your bios file and upload it here, in case anyone need it :smiley:

Hello everyone,
I came across an ASUS P8Z77-V-LK and also have some old parts. I was thinking of throwing together a super budget build and maybe gifting it away on r/hardwareswap. I have an nvme ssd drive (32gb intel optane) laying around that I would like to use.

But of course I run into the problem that I cant load windows onto it. I read this entire page and came to the response from spiidertnt that says after repairing the brick he ended up using this file:

after recovery …I used this file from a different source that was already made
[P8Z77-V-LK-ASUS-1402-NvME.cap.zip](4.2 MB)

So I loaded windows 8.1 onto a sata SSD, downloaded AI Suite 2, I then updated to 1301 bios from asus website first because it was on something super old, then I loaded the file above (modded 1402) and used the asus update to flash the modded bios. It said successfull. But when I get back to bios it didn’t actually flash…

I then renamed it from P8Z77-V-LK-ASUS-1402-NvME.cap to P8Z77-V-LK-ASUS-1402.cap
(which is the exact naming convention of the 1402 bios on asus website) It still did not take. How can I get this bios to take? I dont understand what Spiider did differently and im trying to avoid the brick because I dont have a raspberry pi to save nor do I know how.

I have done the following for Bios settings :

• sata config listed under AHCI (not sure if this matters since im using pcie to m.2 adapter, it is plugged into the bottom black slot pcie x16_3)

• tried setting this pcie _3 slot to x2 and x4 made no difference, left it on x2)

• secure boot shows enabled and as UEFI

• CSM enabled and options listed as below: (most were on LegacyOpRom before)
    -Boot device Control: Uefi and LegacyOpRom
    -Boot from network devices : Uefi driver first
    -Boot from storage devices: Both, Uefi driver first
    -Boot from pcie/pci expansion: Uefi driver first

• made sure the drive was converted from mbr to gpt (but tried both , no difference)

• also tried both of the extra pcie slots didnt matter.

How to get the modded bios file to flash? I’m not savvy enough to create my own modded bios but spiider said that one worked for him.

thanks