[REQUEST] Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 Mk6 unlocking SATA3

@bubu782001 - Ahh They hide that from you too, how lame!

Here, you will have to use this method - Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page - [Help needed] Hidden Advanced menu Bios HP Z1 J52_0274.BIN (2)
Only instead of the names shown there, you use Shellx64.efi, Shell.efi, and bootx64.efi, so all three of those, in each places in folders as shown in that image

I donā€™t think CH341A will work for my BIOS IC, it is Micron 25Q128A (real name N25Q128A).

It is pretty easy to reach BIOS IC, in the bottom there are 13 screws, then open bottom lid and BIOS IC is revealed.

If CH341A will not work for this chip, i will need to buy a programmer (something like minipro 2)

BIOS_IC.jpg

That chip can also be Numonyx or ST (OEMā€™d) Yes, CH341A will work, stated here ASProgrammer works (And I see exact ID there) - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79025
You do need 1.8V adapter, or get programmer that supports 1.8V by switch. Or replace that chip with a more common compatible 1.8v windbond one.

REVELPROG programmer is compatible, as is 2019+ EZP_XPro V2

If you dump your ME FW I can tell you what other chips are compatible with BIOS by default >> FPTw.exe -me -d me.bin

None of this may be necessary, all you have to do is boot to grub and we can check it out. It IS possible, you just have to sort it out.

There is no pb to take out chip and read it. I just ordered TL866 II minipro. It has support for this chip. I also have a hot air station to unsolder and resolder back BIOS chip.

Soā€¦it may not be necessary to work physically with BIOS chip? It can be done by boot to grub ? How can i do that ?

OK, then if you are good to go doing this kind of thing, yes, itā€™s not an issue to do that way if you want.

Yes, Iā€™ve been waiting for you to get in grub already, confirmed working easily on other thread you posted too initially.
Once you get into grub you just need to enter the command I showed you and then SATA 6Gb/s will be enabled. BIOS Mod was never needed here just for that.
How? I showed you above, see post #21. Once in grub, see post #11

* Edit @bubu782001 - If you canā€™t get it, keep at it, you will succeed! If not, we can also try this, download this package, leave all files/folder in place always, run the commands shown in text for each version, then send the package back to me as-is
Some, or all may error, some or all may not give us anything, itā€™s OK, just another method we can try is all.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦320557160579721

Iā€™m interested to unlock SATA selection menu and mod BIOS permanently - not only enter command.

I hope to unlock BIOS from grubā€¦

Yes, but first goal of this thread was to enable SATA 6Gb/s, that is done with simple command I gave you as noted out above.

Once you learn how to get to grub, we can try further method to unlock BIOS Locks that block mod BIOS flashing, to then try and allow flash of mod BIOS (which other user never got into since he had programmer)

I cannot boot into UEFI. In boot menu ai se only PMAP device, not UEFI device.
I copy file bootx64.efi and renamed shell.efi (renamed bootx64.efi) to root, then same files to BOOT folder, then same files under EFI folder (located also in BOOT folder).

So i upload pictures to see. I only see prompt "C:"

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

You sure you formatted your USB as UEFI GPT?

With HP format utility? GPT ? How ?

https://rufus.ie/

Several things to mention here, you are not ā€œBootingā€ into anything UEFI, however USB May need to be GPT as mentioned (Iā€™ve done with MBR or GPT USB, didnā€™t matter, as mentioned at the guide post I linked you to, MBR method used there)

HP tool will not work. You can use Rufus as mentioned above, or windows Disk management, diskpart, or any partition tool (EaseUS is good free one)

It may be due to some BIOS setting being set to Legacy only, which weā€™ll have to change in other ways as mentioned previously, or wait on your programmer.
Did you run the stuff I linked you to at post #25? If not, please do now, and upload back for me, we can change BIOS settings that way if one of those work on your system

I checked BIOS settings, ā€œBoot Option Filterā€ is set to UEFI And Legacy, so that is good. Storage option rom is set to UEFI Only, another plus. Boot Mode set to Normal (not Compatible) so + here too, and UEFI device is an option in all boot device entries, so itā€™s ready
Secure Boot control is default as well (on security page, you should see this one I think). For that, you need to not have a BIOS Password set (ie be in User mode)
Launch CSM = Always Enabled

However, I see this set to Disabled in Debug - UEFI Priorities In Boot Menu
So due to this you will never see UEFI Option at Boot menu where you are looking now, Iā€™m not sure this would remove possibility to set UEFI device as first boot device though, I think it only affects ā€œBoot Mode Menuā€ if you go there manually like above.

Hopefully we can get a good SCEWin dump from post #25, then we can change things up!

I will read BIOS chip into external programmer and give a try.

Bad luck! I read BIOSā€¦it result a 16MB file (128 Mbit). In file all seems to be encryptedā€¦i dont know how to decrypt. I guess it cannot be done this way.

I try again with amisce. No resultā€¦

@bubu782001 - BIOS is not encrypted. Either you made a bad dump, or you just didnā€™t know how to easily recognize BIOS. Please zip and upload for me and I will check it out and mod if itā€™s a good dump.
What is your chip ID, and what software and version did you use to dump the BIOS with?

Here it is. It is readed 100% OK since i rewrite BIOS chip with the file which i read and is start OK. I use TL866 II Plus (minipro 2) for reading writing. http://www.autoelectric.cn/en/tl866_main.html

BIOS chip is Micron N25Q128A chip ID: 20 BA 18

------------------------

Still i want to do that without SPI flashing. It is pretty risky. Inside of BIOS there are variables of locking.

0x5DFCA One Of: BIOS Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x4A, VarStore: 0x1, QuestionId: 0x5C, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x0, Step: 0x0 {05 A6 95 01 96 01 5C 00 01 00 4A 00 10 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}

0x5DFF0 One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 0E 1F 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}

0x5DFFE One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 0E 1E 03 30 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00}

There is no solution ?

Read_100%_OK.zip (5.42 MB)

@bubu782001 - You canā€™t know itā€™s 100% OK with checking file, since you said it looks encrypted, and we arenā€™t sure if dump was OK, thatā€™s why I said send to me and I will check and let you knowā€¦
Dump may be 100% garbage and it will verify it as 100% OK, if itā€™s not reading the chip properly (ie wrong software/version, or wrong ID used etc)
Since you wrote it back to chip, which I assume means you erased first, and then it boots OK, we can assume itā€™s a good read and you probably donā€™t know how to work with BIOS is why you thought it was encrypted.

Downloading BIOS nowā€¦ >> Checked, this BIOS is fine, not encrypted, looks like normal BIOS as I expected if your read was OK

BIOS lock can be disabled easily, same way I showed you how to change SATA controller speed on page one, however you arenā€™t able to boot to grub so thatā€™s an problem you canā€™t get around without programmer

But, you donā€™t know if BIOS lock is active for sure until you dump BIOS region with FPT and try to flash it back and get error (what error #)? Did you try already?

So, do you want me to disable BIOS lock and set SATA speed to 6Gb/s and send you the file back?
Or, Debug menu can probably be made visible too if you wanted, where the SATA controller mod is changed (and chipset settings could all be made visible too, if not visible now)
Up to you, since you have programmer anything is possible here, just may take an edit or two before I figure out method needed to make the hidden menus visible to you
I think just one edit, but sometimes may need additional edit or two on top of that, canā€™t do all at once because sometimes that cancels out previous, needs tested in order.

Open BIOS in AMIBCP 4.55, you will see the debug folder I mean, and all the settings/submenus within. You can find AMIBCP 4.55 in google, if not send me a PM and I will show you link

Yes i try to flash with intel ftpw and shower error 280. I cannot boot into grub since i cannot activate UEFI.

I know 100% BIOS is ok, since i rewrite BIOS with programmer and laptop start without problem. If was a problem in dump, then 100% laptop wont be able to boot.

So the only way to modify locks on BIOS is by edit dump (that was read with programmer) and disable BIOS locks. Then write back dump modified with programmer.

After that, any mods should work with fptw utilityā€¦(after dumping BIOS region unlocked).
-------------------------

Soā€¦first i set mebu Debug to USER access. Write BIOSā€¦laptop start OK, but nothing change in BIOS.

I want to enable UEFI options, and SATA3ā€¦

BIOS Locks i will disable when i have UEFI active. (i hope).

Next i try to enable UEFI menu.
----------------

Its ok to Disable or Enable these options ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Please edit your posts when you want to add more info and no one has replied yet. Itā€™s very messy to see one person replying 2-3+ times in a row on same day

Grub does not require UEFI or Secure boot enabled etc, you can boot to it in legacy mode, Iā€™ve done it plenty myself.<br />What you mean to say there is you cannot figure it out, I even gave you directions on how to do it (how I did on legacy systems, without exit to shell or UEFI mode enabled etc)

Yes, I know BIOS is OK, as I mentioned after you confirmed that and I checked too
Yes, in general, that is what you do, dump BIOS, edit it, program it back. However, you may or may not be able to just edit it with AMIBCP and it be OK, or done.
That can break the BIOS, or not be all you need to edit, but generally yes that is how you edit BIOS if you canā€™t figure out how to disable the locks via grub

Yes, after you disable BIOS lock and SMI Lock, provided FPRR/PRR is not set, then you will be able to flash with FPT.
You should also unlock FD before you program BIOS back, or you may get error 28 after removing all the other locks blocking you.

Yes, all edits you mention are OK, except ā€œBIOS Interface Lockā€ you do not need to mess with.

And I know, you cannot simply edit BIOS with AMIBCP to enable debug menu, I was saying I could edit the BIOS for you, not for you to do it.
User may not be what you need here, Supervisor may be needed, or neither may be needed for debug/chipset folder.
However, you need to do other edits first to enable that menu (not with AMIBCP, but with UEFITool and hex editor)

BIOS Lock you can disable any time, via AMIBCP edit disable, or via grub/setup_var
UEFI menu is not a ā€œThingā€ you enable.

Please wait, I will make you three BIOS to test, which enables ā€œDebugā€ menu to be visible. Then once you let me know, I will also enable ā€œChipsetā€ for you, then you can make any changes you want i BIOS directly
And any still missing settings, you can make visible with AMIBCP via User or Super (youā€™ll have to test which works, if you cannot see ā€œaccess Levelā€ on the BIOS ā€œinformationā€ page

* Edit -@bubu782001 - Here, please test in the following order, which BIOS makes ā€œDebugā€ menu visible (inside contents not relevant right now, missing items will be added later by you or me via access level change User/Super, or by Setup unsuppress if needed)
Stop once you see debug and let me know which it was that made it visible first, no need to test other BIOS in the list after you first see if visible.
1. String
2. StringBCPU
3. StringBCPS

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦806151489493361

Thatā€™s it ! I flash first file ā€œString.binā€ and results are wonderful ! Debug menu appear and there are plenty of options available. It is awesome ! Thank you Lost_N_BIOS. It is really work. Now i can enable/disable what menu (option i want) with Debug menu.

20191214_170223.jpg

20191214_170230.jpg