[Request] Unlock Asus Vivobook Bios Options X515JAB

Hi,

I want to unlock the channel A and channel B memory bios options in the (X515JA - Support)

I followed some advice on this forum, but when i try to flash it back I get the 167 error. Any help appreciated.

On unlock or flashing a bios mod on that peculiar model?
The Intel FPT error 167 is more than documented in the forum…
If the FD is not unlocked, till then the FPT tool can write anything.
On AMI V bios files this method cant be used:
[TOOL] UEFI Editor - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[GUIDE] [UPDATE] Usage of AMI’s AptioV UEFI Editor + FPT Flash Method - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

@MeatWar thank you for the reply. Sorry I am a complete noob at this so forgive me if I ask silly questions.
Q. On unlock or flashing a bios mod on that peculiar model?
A. It was on both unlocking and flashing the bios but not on that particular model as I could not find a post with it on

A. With regards the 167 error I have seen various posts which suggest modding the bios file with a Hex editor but I would not know where to modify it in order to unlock the write protection.
Q. If the FD is not unlocked, till then the FPT tool can write anything.
A. Is the FD the write protection area of the bios and if so how would I see if it is locked?

I will have a look at the BoringBoredom/UFEI-Editor thank you.

[Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

The Intel FPT tool itself can report you back with the cmd -i and -verbose switches.
Explained in the follow link how to identify:

EDIT: That was an example ROM structure, not from your model and not always equal.

I could not find that only the following:

ok understood thank you