[Request] Unlocked Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-54) BIOS

Sorry for making you wait… I tried changing DVMT through an EFI Shell but ended up making the display go off on startup.
I can only get you an EEPROM dump, is that anywhere close to being enough?
Sorry once again.

chipread.zip (517 KB)

@mrAlvaretA - It’s OK, I am always buried and behind, so never a rush by me
Sounds like you changed incorrect item! Yes, programmer dump is just as good as the other stuff, only less hassle for you, if programmer is easy anyway
So, before I do anything, is this dump after you bricked the display out, or is this some previous dump?

It’s after i bricked the display out.

An update i should mention, i discovered this during the night: That chipread is probably from my laptop’s VBIOS (Size doesnt match Acer’s BIOS)
I did find an eeprom that is 16MB in size but during a flash my soic8 must have slipped or something, cause the flasher showed me a connection failure warning, but right now its not identifying it by its XMC model number, but rather as a 64k generic eeprom

have i done goofed?

---------------------

Ive tried the soic8 with other eeproms from PCs i had lying around and i must have broken it somehow. Its detecting all of them as nameless eeproms.
Time to buy a new one i guess.

@mrAlvaretA - Not all software/versions are compatible with all chips. And in laptops, sometimes you need to remove the main battery (or have it installed), or remove the PSU cable (or have it connected) and some may need both removed or connected
It’s normal to have a failed connection, or non-detection etc. Sometimes it takes 10+ tries to get the clip perfectly so it connects. Just be sure you try with/without all the things I mentioned above, as you keep trying.

You are correct, the file attached at #41 is 1650 vBIOS (E4905 SKU 10 VGA BIOS)

What is your BIOS chip ID? I will tell you best software/version to use.
And please note, software version and or ability to read/write to the chip properly has nothing to do with if it can connect and or ID the chip properly (that’s all about power and the clip being connected perfectly)

The EEPROM is a 25 series XMC GH128AH16. I’m currently using a CH341Programmer software made by a russian group (provided by my seller, "Программатор Spi Flash Eeprom", says Windows.).

My clip isnt making a stable connection you see, i think it only grabbed an eeprom with me releasing the clip once, and that was with the VBIOS. Now with this other chip, it keeps sleeping and even if i make pressure and make sure none of the golden contacts release, it either doesnt detect it, or detects it as a generic eeprom.

I bought another clip which should arrive in 2 days. I’ll keep trying my luck with this ones and see if it goes, but hopefully when the new clip arrives everything will be back to normal.

Upload that software for me, and or show me help/about. It may be OK for that chip, but I am not sure (especially due to next >>)
Please show me image of this BIOS chip, I can’t find that ID in google. Unless it’s this one >> XM25QH128A << I think so, this is XMC 25QH128A general ID
For that chip, these are only ones I know that work for sure, with ID’s as mentioned >>
ASProgrammer and choose W25Q128FV ID, otherwise all writes will fail
Also colibri with ID EN25QH128

And really, we’ll never know if that software is OK to read or write, until you dump and then until you write, then close program, open it again, read/verify/save and then compare that file in hex vs what you wrote (if it’s a match then it’s OK to write to this chip)

Make sure cable is not stretched out, and try to make it slip/pop off least you can, the more that happens the quicker it wears out ability to grab a chip.
The cheap clips only work so many times before the roughness that lets the fingers grab wears down and flattens out, then you can’t grab anything.

Yes, hopefully new clip will work better, treat it gently once it arrives. Best clip is Pomona 5250, but it’s $15-18 and you have to make your own cables, or use Dupont cables

Tried all the software but although the flashing process was successful, when comparing data after flashing it, it was still identical to the original data i had dumped.

I gave up after a week of trying. Sent it back to Acer. Thank you for the support though. I have sent you a private message with a download link to the software, and should you find it a useful addition, feel free to repost!

Thank you all for the support.

Hi there,
I have an Acer Nitro an515-55 with insyde20 v5 i have attached my fd file

@Lost_N_BIOS hello, I want to try to flash the BIOS. I have tried the #7 and it gave me the error as the same as everyone. And all the link you sent is broken.

I am using an Acer AN515-54 with v1.33 BIOS
Here is the link: shorturl.at/vM015

I would buy a flash programmer if it don’t work. If you help me, thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello :grinning: ;

I want to modify the frequency of my RAM memories but I need to unlock the advanced menu of my bios.

Acer
Model: AN515-54
Bios Type: UEFI
Bios : InsydeH20 Setup Utility Rev. 5.0
Bios: V1.33
Bios Download Link:BIOS 1.33

Thanks in advance

I also need unlocked Advanced menu
Acer
Model: AN515-54
Bios Type: UEFI
Bios : InsydeH20 Setup Utility Rev. 5.0