[Request] Unlocked Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15IMH05

News :
I have unlocked my BIOS advanced menu … but when I test again it passes (Read Flash) but fails at (Write Flash) , it gives me Error 167 :

So any suggestions ?

Thanks.

EDIT: I linked the guide for reading and learning, not to take guidance from other users HW and bios protected values examples, as its not equal to all.

Lets say, that what a beginner user calls bios/rom, in these days its more called an SPI FIRMWARE system image, so your system as most of all, have protected areas on it that doesnt allow some operations to be done.
And as a beginner that you are…be very careful as this is not common tools/operations risk safe, advanced user experience is a must, and the risk of fail operations is always present.

Thanks for sharing …
What is the EEPROM and is there a relation between it and the SPI firmware ?
(I’m beginner)

In the thread you shared , He said : “Notice that BIOS/UEFI is not locked by the Flash Descriptor and thus OEMs are responsible for implementing BIOS-specific read/write restrictions such as Protected Range Registers and so on. That means that the Flash Descriptor is not responsible for any read/write restrictions set at the BIOS/UEFI region of the SPI chip, so the FD-related methods below will not be of any assistance in such cases.”

and my problem here is the Protected Range Registers and the Flash Descriptor has nothing to do with it as he said , right ?

Correct me if I’m wrong ^^ .

Edit :

@MeatWar

Yeah , true …
I think I’ve to go to a technical support center to flash EEPROM (because I don’t have any programming chip + I can’t risk doing it myself).

But I wonder if there a way to change S/N in a low level (without flashing BIOS) where Windows can read it differently ?

Thanks…

@sergeyshibaev228
I have the same laptop with same model , with the same BIOS version EGCN29WW.
the flash command always fails with Error 167 : Protected Range Registers …
So how does it work for you ? Did you flash the EEPROM ? or What did you do ?

Hello, I would like to unlock the advanced bios options of the Laptop Lenovo Gaming 3i 15IMH05, I am using the bios version EGCN39WW.
link bios: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob…cn39ww.exe

Thanks for the help.