[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

Thank you for answering my questions, canonkong.
I am relieved to know that I can use Win7 on ZEN4 and 600 series motherboards as well as the ZEN3 and 500 series motherboards!

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to integrate drivers on a Windows 7 image to perform a new clean installation of Win 7. I am not sure which download I need, and how to apply it to an .ISO.
I tried using a clean Win 7 ISO, but it wouldnt work because it kept telling me it is missing a driver, and I tried to load drivers from my HDD but it wouldnt work for some reason.
Can someone please help?

Also, the reason I need this is for testing purposes only. I bought a TP-Link UB500 Bluetooth adapter recently, and it just wont work properly on my system.
Upon contacting TP-Link Support, they keep insisting that Windows 7 is fully supported, and that the drivers they provide for the Bluetooth adapter are fully capable and compatible.
After a lengthy conversation with them on the phone, they finally suggested that I use a clean installation of Win 7, on a system with supported hardware. I definitely cannot use “supported hardware” since I just dont have any, but I will do a clean installation on a separate drive just to see if my particular configuration/OS is corrupt/broken somehow.

So far my #1 suspect is an issue with A2DP, because an older Bluetooth adapter (4.0) was giving me the same issue only when I tried to load the A2DP profile for my earphones. This happened on 2 separate Bluetooth earphones.

If anyone can help on my Bluetooth issue as well, I’d greatly appreciate it. For example, is there any reason why I cannot use Bluetooth 5.0 with wireless earphones, because one of these modded drivers causes an issue?
Some other problem perhaps?

I am attaching a .txt (zipped) to give you a better idea of my Bluetooth issue.

Anyway, please instruct me how to do a clean installation of Win 7.
Here are my specs bellow:

• Ryzen 5 3600 (stock)
  • MSI B350 Tomahawk (latest firmware)
  • Crucial 16GB DDR4
  • MSI GTX 1080ti

Tp-Link Support.rar (1.0 KB)

I keep getting a no CD/DVD driver found upon starting Windows 7 Setup, even though I integrated the drivers using NTLite.

Can anyone help?

Thanks! Do you have any tips or tutorial for how I could modify USB drivers from an official source to work with Dark Hero VIII? Is there need to modify only inf files or is there more to it? :smiley:

Is there any way these can be refined to work under Windows Vista, and possibly even Windows XP amd64-bit version by chance? I have an AMD Radeon R4 Stoney Ridge with Vista installed and all the USB ports work except the lone USB 3 port. Thanks in advanced for your guys help!

@canonkong

Update some drivers for AMD 600 series platform

Does it mean that we can use Win7 on new Ryzen/Treadripper systems?

Yes,but MSI mainboard only.

2 Likes

Very kewl!! And what about last gen threadripper on wrx80 chipset?

Only MSI 600 series motherboards?
Does something go wrong with windows 7 on ASUS and GIGABYTE 600 series motherboards?

Also cam work.

1 Like

ASUS and gigbyte will A5 BSOD that need mod acpi.sys to fix. And ASUS not only A5 BSOS,its AHCI controller will code 12 error on win7/8/8.1/server2012/2012R2.

2 Likes

Is the issue with ASUS and GIGABYTE due to the new BIOS?
Then I would like a link to B24 drivers.

I think they will fix the problem in future. New bios have some strange problem. I use acpi debug to check the bios. Mod bios also can solve this problem.

1 Like

Mr. Kong, i don’t get it, cpus based around wrx80 chipset will work also?

what about AsRock offerings /(like B650 Riptide), hope they can be compatible (also Thunderbolt 4 - AddInCard or USB4)?

Any tips for how to mod official USB drivers on my own? Would you need to edit the inf files or change code in the driver files maybe?

Very interesting that there may be a possibility to modify drivers to enable 7000 series to work on Win 7. Hopefully some brave (and wealthy) person can try it out! With the correct board, all features should work. Worst case the wifi card will need to be replaced.

Dear Canonkong

I wanted to thank you for all your efforts it has been awesome to run Win7 on my 5950x. I cannot believe how fast and snappy it feels.

1 Like

@ canonkong
Will these chipset drivers work for any of the MSI B650 boards,or just the MAG B650M Mortar, and are there any modified drivers for the X670 chipsets?
Thanks

It is very simple to modify the AMD USB driver. Use the AMD 1.0.0.3 USB driver, and then edit the INF to add the USB device ID you need. Because in addition to modification, digital signature is a problem. You need to have a digital signature certificate.

Driver can support all amd ryzen platform,not b650 only.

2 Likes