Sony VAIO E-Series, Model # PCG-71312L

I have a Sony Vaio that came with 160Gb Hard Drive and Windows 7 from ebay, but when I start up the Vaio I get the Blue Screen of Death, which causes the computer to restart and to get the blue screen of death, every thing I do does not work with this Computer, I have A 8Gb flash drive with DOS on it, The problem is that I’m unable to get the .ROM or .BIN from the Updated Utility Link from Sony which can be seen here Download Bios Can someone guide me in the right direction of Updating the Computer by Flash with my DOS Command Prompt and to give me the .bin or .rom file for my flash drive out of this file, (The download link mention for update on bios)

Thanks.

@ halohackz:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

What lets you think, that an updated (modded) BIOS will solve this problem?
The first thing I recommend to do is to check the hardware of your Vaio system, for example by running the Ultimate Boot CD.

I got the EXE file extracted by using the UniversalExtractor and found a 2.048 KB sized ROM file named R0300Y8.ROM. It can be opened and modded by using UBU or the AMI Aptio MMTool.
The complete package, which contains all extracted BIOS files, is attached.

Regards
Fernando

EP0000228463.rar (1.91 MB)

Problem Solved, Had a 4GB DDR3 Ram stick when it came with an original 2GB DDR3 Ram Stick, cant believe it did not work with the upgrade after putting the 2Gb Stick back in it boots up, Thank you for your help, Just need to update the drivers and software, I appreciate you extracting the ROM file from the program you mentioned Ill have to try other ways to put use to the laptop!