SOS - Trying to install windows 2000 Pro with AHCI

SOS… Trying to install Windows 2000 Pro with AHCI - working on Slim Client DELL N03D to get it working. Information:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F23&SUBSYS_72708086C&REV_0E
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F23&SUBSYS_72708086C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F23&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F23&CC_0106

Please tell me what to do! I am lost and not sure I’m doing it correctly, at least I can’t get anything to work in regards of slipstream, I tried your drivers but it just says the sys file is corrupt. I did get one version of w2k through the door with BWC version BIOS IDE setting, F5 and Standard PC but would like to get AHCI working and a vanilla version of wk2 to further take me on to make this machine into a neat little working device of awesomeness. :slight_smile:

I have for the most part, sorted out all the drivers that I can for now, but will have to test slipstream - I do not know how BWC got it to work in IDE mode, but it is the only version I have gotten to the Harddrive screen with. But if I could get the AHCI working it might help on overall things.

Thanks and please do tell me what you wanna have me do, info, installation, details, try out - to maybe help me out :slight_smile:

With this little machine people will be able to get a cheap low usage 3-7 watts machine, I have pretty much completed WES7 64bit updates and drivers, slip streamed and all for release - people just need to buy the unit on Ebay or something and download the ISO and make a USB installation key and they will pretty quickly have a fully installed legal version of WES7 64 :slight_smile: Taken me weeks to do… Lots of insane issues as usual to figure out and sort out. And now working on w2k trying to get things sorted, little by little and moving forward for sure! But moving slowly very slow.

EDIT 1:
This seems to be a website with drivers, and pretty much what I do have. But as far as I can see slip streaming only allows me to do PnP… And as I understand you need Text Mode for pre installation drivers: Intel(R) Pentium(R) processor N- and J-series / Intel(R) Celeron(R) processor N- and J-series AHCI - 0F23 Driver - Free Download For Windows - Intel - BayTrail Platform
Although the Drivers do say win2000 at the information support.

It seems without the update for it in WES7 to also be called: Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller although it changes name with newer updates.

EDIT 2:
By the way… Even with a special modded driver to make it work, if it can just be used for the installation and complete it, then one could just install the original official PnP AHCI update afterwards in Windows 2000??? Seems the rest of the Chipset drivers works for windows 2000 for this device, so I do not see why the AHCI should not work if one can get to this point. But overall, I need help, I’m far out on deep waters here, drowning.

• Darkijah

---- Further reply and info sought:

What God gives he can easily take away. Only Gods knows everything I’m just dust on the earth who gains a little of whatever He gives! I’m clearly just a Newbie in this area of Windows 2000 Pro trying to gain sight in the darkness and have some light of insight to know where to walk.

You have any idea why only Black Wing Cat version works to get me further in IDE mode? I would like to go from a clean vanilla mode of view yet the only version I have been able to open the door to my harddrive has been his homemade version with IDE, F5 and Standard computer.

Do you know why I only see 1 CPU when it has 2 kernels?

Can you explain to me why there would be PnP drivers to the AHCI and yet no Text Mode drivers?

If you speak English I can most likely call you up if you have 10 minutes at some point… I’m just trying to get my feet on stable ground on this.

Yea I tried to get them to fix the merge of post in Flarum at least it looks like Flarum, I guess it might be one of the other modern nonsense forums out there, ended up getting banned, programmers don’t usually listen much to sanity - but it’s possible to make a very nice feature with auto merge, my forum although not active has the function running on good old forum software of… FluxBB from Visman Apparently the name alludes me at the moment. But you are more then welcome to make a User on it and try it out in the trashcan chit chat section and do some multi post and see how it should work! :slight_smile: - Truth Matters! Index

Dearly regards - Darkijah

Further information, I have tried installing Windows on my Desktop, which finds 2 kernels, as it should, although it has 4. But w2k Pro as I understand it only supports up to 2 cpu’s out of the box. This was done with installing it as something else then Standard PC or making it sort itself out which probably uses this ACPI multiprocessor I think it was called, Standard PC only supports 1 CPU as tested on my desktop to see if that was the issue, which in some sense makes sense by the times it was release that was standard… Yet I’m not able to install it any other way on my Slim Client as far as I have tested. I might try again, one by one. But it does not look good. Is there a way after the installation to do something with the Kernel or system to I can get more Kernels shown???

@JesusGod-Pope666
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Your self-chosen nickname indicates, that you know everything. So why do ask here for help? :rofl:

Just to make it clear: I cannot help you. Maybe you will get support within >this< Forum section.
My advice: If you want to run Windows 2000 with your Intel SoC system, install it in IDE mode.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

P.S.: To save space and for a better readability I have merged your 3 posts.

Dear @Fernando
What God gives he can easily take away. Only Gods knows everything I’m just dust on the earth who gains a little of whatever He gives! I’m clearly just a Newbie in this area of Windows 2000 Pro trying to gain sight in the darkness and have some light of insight to know where to walk.

You have any idea why only Black Wing Cat version works to get me further in IDE mode? I would like to go from a clean vanilla mode of view yet the only version I have been able to open the door to my harddrive has been his homemade version with IDE, F5 and Standard computer.

Do you know why I only see 1 CPU when it has 2 kernels?

Can you explain to me why there would be PnP drivers to the AHCI and yet no Text Mode drivers?

If you speak English I can most likely call you up if you have 10 minutes at some point… I’m just trying to get my feet on stable ground on this.

Yea I tried to get them to fix the merge of post in Flarum at least it looks like Flarum, I guess it might be one of the other modern nonsense forums out there, ended up getting banned, programmers don’t usually listen much to sanity - but it’s possible to make a very nice feature with auto merge, my forum although not active has the function running on good old forum software of… FluxBB from Visman Apparently the name alludes me at the moment. But you are more then welcome to make a User on it and try it out in the trashcan chit chat section and do some multi post and see how it should work! :slight_smile: - Truth Matters! Index

Dearly regards - Darkijah

@JesusGod-Pope666
Have you already tried to load/integrate the “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by me”? The file named iaAHCI.inf should support your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller and the OS W2k as well.
You can find the download link within the start post of >this< thread.

Yes I have… but get an error which I can’t remember what was, I can try again and give you the information so you know what it says, I have tried both taking all your text mode drivers and integrated them into the installation and only tried the specific one which as far as I know is the very one that should be applicably for that DELL N03D computer. Give me some hours and I will come back with the errors!!! @Fernando - sadly having so much info the in brain makes you easily forget things, but some kind of an error of corruption or something. But give me a couple of hours, I will remake and burn and try it out again to get the error.

-edit-
Hmmm… Seems I have some other package of drivers this time… as far as I recall the Text mode drivers was different… Well, whatever, I’ll guess I try it out. Maybe it is the raid thing… and not the one I need, at least it does not have the specific number of my AHCI driver in this package but might as well try it out.

First try, although might be with the wrong driver package:
32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL
The file iaStor.sys is corrupted.
Press any key to continue.

Just going to try it on the Desktop which I am writing on and then burn the next one.

@JesusGod-Pope666
You cannot use any WHQL driver, because none of them do support your specific Intel SATA AHCI Controller.

This message indicates very often, that the user has tried to load or integrate a 64bit driver for a 32bit OS (or vice versa).

Well all drivers I have downloaded is 32 bit, and the w2k is of cause 32 bit as well…

Trying the next driver and here we correctly find the driver as far as I know that should be for the AHCI (0F23), burning it at the moment - I by the way tried the former installation on both my computers and both gave me the IsStor.sys corrupted message, but now I have Ctrl A all those next driver package and burning for try out :

Do you have a link for a well known W2k Pro, that you know is completely vanilla SP4 so we can rule out that issue???

Interesting enough it seems Win7 Home Prem can do IDE and AHCI without crashing yet my WES7 cannot do that on my SlimClient, although I guess it could be the difference in Hardware as well, the Desktop is running Windows 7 Home Prem whereas the Slim is running WES7. But just notice that the Win Home Prem had not broken with IDE setting on when checking the BIOS for AHCI. Anyway… I have burned my next disk to try out.

Seems the second made CD on both computers failed as well with the iaStor.sys issue. The file iaStor.sys is corrupted. I don’t know…
I can try making a usb installation disk, I am running my CD-ROM drive from USB through a LogiLink converter from SATA to USB. I don’t know if that could be the issue… Really I am lost at what the issue is here. I could try to put the drive into the Desktop directly connected to a Sata and see if that helps on things.
This was the Universal 32bit Intel MSM AHCI+RAID drivers v8.9.8.1005 mod+signed by Fernando
I will try the next now, Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando

okay… I’ll try to make something from another computer, although don’t think that is the problem. I have a WES7 32bit installed that I will try to do it from. Sigh

I tried with another w2k version and got the same result of the iaStor.sys is corrupted, although did only try it on my DELL N03D SlimClient as I am moving files on the Desktop at the moment trying to get an USB empty so I can use it as installation media to see if that does anything to the problem at hand. Sigh

You would think the problem would not be on both computers as it seems… I wonder what the problem is that breaks it. But maybe moving to the Slim unit for installation making the things there solves the issues, dunno. It is a cheap shot or whatever it is called, but worth a try.

well, I downloaded another version of w2k, downloaded nLite again, on a WES7 32 bit, downloaded the 32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando, used another CD burner program only to have the same error of iaStor.sys is corrupted. I don’t know… What is the issue here. Just making a USB installation w2k so I can’t try things out on my desktop at the moment.

-edit-

Well, tried making a USB w2k installation from my SlimClient, with the same driver pack, and still getting the iaStor.sys issue. I guess it is not a CD-ROM issue then if it still does not work having re-downloaded it all from this other system. I don’t know what to do… I’m at a loss…

You could buy a N03D and help me out to get this made into a complete Windows 2000 pro system, I have nearly finished my WES7 installation guide on it. If the community could get everything to work, you would have a most powerfull w2k machine that is cheap and low usage running 3-7 watts!!!
I can help you get up on things very quickly with what I know, BIOS and all… It’s easy making it a useful WES7 machine now. But if we could get it working fully with Windows 2000 Pro, everyone can get a dirt cheap low usage machine up and running quickly!!
Nearly done: Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) 64 Bit Installation with all MS updates and drivers for DELL N03D - Windows 7 - MSFN

If you could sort out the AHCI issue, then we are a step closer. Then if BWC could fix the Graphics and we can sort out the Audio issue and getting the last kernel sorted, then you have something everybody can afford and run very cheaply. And it runs on 12 volt as well and it makes zero noise and are very low heat.

@JesusGod-Pope666
I will neither buy an N03D (I don’t even know what it is) nor try to get Windows 2000 installed onto any of my devices.
I suspect, that your problem is caused by the bad AHCI support of your device’s chipset.

Well, I tried multiple options… The Wing Black Cat drivers, the all around drivers and your drivers and sadly I could not get by.
Now I know the Wing Black Cat, however the words needs to be fitted, his homemade w2k version do work on a loop hole on the IDE, yet still only main computer with 1 cpu with F5… Now MSFN banned me and removed my tutorial to installing WES7 on the slim device, so not going to get much help from there on w2k and my guide is seemingly lost to book burning.

If you have time I can still call you up :slight_smile: