[Tool] Flashrom v1.2 [DOS]

Try to use flashprog with the included CWSDPMI.EXE in the package i did post here

What lets you think, that I will succeed this way?
a) With flashrom 1.2 I had never a problem to get a modded ASRock X570 Pro4 BIOS properly flashed.
b) The currently latest BIOS for my mainboard doesn’t contain any AmdSpiRomProtect module.
Question to you: Why got I a flash failure now?

I’m not a professional at this problem, but i think probably it might be because of the usage of old CWSDPMI.EXE instead of using the one included in the package. I did obtain CWSDPMI.EXE from here so there is nothing suspicious. But also i had the tought of it is something in the bios chip itself that prevents it? Because i just tested both flashrom and flashprog last night and it worked fine in my B550M Pro4.

Probably if i were on that position, i would re-do instant flash of bios 4.30 (since you did make a backup of a normal flashed 5.61 using instant flash), and after the flash, make sure you’re able to go to bios, shut down the pc while in bios, unplug psu power cord and cmos battery, press and hold power + reset button for about 11 seconds, release, and put everything back in and try flashrom/prog again.

I mainly use flashprog instead of flashrom, so it is a bit of my own preference for it.

Your suspicion is wrong. I definitely have used the CWSDPMI.EXE file, which was within the package named “Flashrom v1.4 and Flashprog v1.1 DOS” you have offered within >this< post.
By the way: The file named CWSDPMI.EXE is dated 07.01.2010 and absolutely identical with the file of the old “Flashrom v1.2 Utitilies”, which are attached since several years to the start post of >this< thread.

1 Like

So this does happen on the latest bios, but the flashrom works on bios ver 4.30? Or did you have tried to downgrade it to 4.30 and it still wont work? I’ve Updated both Flashrom and Flashprog from the latest commit of both respective git page, and using pciutils 3.13.0, but it might not make any differences. Feel free to try :smiley:

I haven’t yet tested your flashrom v1.4 with a downgraded BIOS and I will not do it, because I am just happy, that I can still use my standard PC after the BIOS read and write failures by using that tool.

1. The file named CWSDPMI.EXE is missing within your freshly linked package.
  2. A v3.12.0 of that file never existed.

Uefi tool version 0.28 doesn’t see all the modules. Latest version does both Dxe and Pie but you can’t remove in that version