[TOOL] Lenovo (H20) Bios Unlocker and Locker

Hello

I’m facing a really weird issue with my Legion 5 15ACH6H - Type 82JU (RTX 3060, R5 5600H). I have tried everything and this is really my last resort. The post is a bit lengthy, but please bear with me.

I bought a Samsung RAM kit 2x16 that is dual rank x8 1.2V, installed it into my laptop and it booted fine, Windows is working fine when doing normal tasks, but once I launch a game, the laptop either completely freezes, the game crashes or I get a blue screen. With every single game. Initial reaction was “well ok, the RAM must be corrupted”, I do a memtest and indeed I start getting errors. But then, I get this another idea to try this RAM on another laptop I have (HP laptop). I put it there, it boots fine and everything and doesn’t crash when launching a game. I tried multiple games, benchmarks and stress tests, even memtest. No errors or crashes whatsoever.

Back to my Legion 5, the RAM just doesn’t want to work, it’s not like I can even play for a few minutes, it crashes at the very beginning of a game (during the splash screens).The previous RAM I had in it works just fine. I cleaned drivers and installed them again, even did a complete format, but nothing helped.

So I thought maybe there’s something in the bios fucking up with the new RAM, so I came here and downgraded my bios to a compatible one with this bios unlocker, and started fiddling with the advanced settings, especially the RAM and CPU voltage/clocks, but I honestly had no idea what I was doing, just putting things in randomly and seeing if it works, but nothing helped. Bricked the laptop a few times but thankfully I was able to reset it by removing the CMOS battery (complete lifesaver btw).

Now I’m hoping someone here has an idea about what’s going on with this RAM. Have any of you encountered this problem before? Do you have any suggestions as to what I should be changing in advanced bios to make this RAM work? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I also noticed something when comparing CPU-Z information of the same RAM on the two laptops, and I noticed a few differences in like FSB:DRAM and tRC numbers…etc, and the numbers on the HP laptop keep dynamically changing on the HP laptop depending on the activity, while on the Legion 5 they are constant no matter what I do. I don’t know if that’s relevant or not but here are some screenshots: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

This is the RAM btw: https://semiconductor.samsung.com/dram/module/sodimm/m471a2k43eb1-cwe/

Thank you very much!

Try EC reset. Unplug charger, hold power button for 60 seconds (even when the laptop powers on, hold it down)

I have the exact same laptop with the same BIOS version. Could you instruct me on how to unlock my BIOS? I flashed smartphones before, but firmware stuff still makes my brain numb. I don’t know if I should run EFI or EXE, and what config to use. It doesn’t help that the thread spans several years and unlocker versions. If there’s a definitive instruction on how to do this, I should be able to follow it. I’ve been looking for a way to unlock my BIOS for a long time now.

If you have GNU-based distro installed only and there’s no capability to run Windows executables, you choice is the EFI unlocker.
There’s no other significant dependancies to use EFI rather than EXE, except your BIOS version, because the backdoor was fixed later.

I tried running the EXE as admin, but all I get is this:

Unlocking
Incorrect function.

Press any key to continue . . .

I don’t know why. It worth trying the EFI.

Should I write the “Legion Unlocker” image to my USB card and then boot from it? Is it suitable to our Ideapad Gaming 3 BIOS?

1 Like

Yes. This is what the image is meant for. It is just a set of files I packed into one for the sake of convenience.

Both EXE and EFI are unified for the same list of devices.

1 Like

Thank you, it worked smoothly. I have access to advanced settings now. I was too anxious to mess with my BIOS without guidance. Do you know how to disable SMT (simultaneous multithreading), by chance? I couldn’t find any clear setting for it. I’m in dire need of increased single core performance. I would send you a direct message, but my account level isn’t high enough.

SMT is implemented in Intel processors as “Hyper-Threading” technology, isn’t it? What is it called for AMD? As simple as AMD SMT? I would check if there is any option to disable SMT, but I’m in no position to deal with such sophisticated queries ATM.

Yes, AMD SMT. I have multiple applications bottlenecked on a single core, because they aren’t optimized for multithreading. Disabling SMT should theoretically get rid of 6 of my virtual cores and beef up the 6 physical cores to some extent. There’s usually a simple on/off setting for SMT in BIOS, so I unlocked it in hopes of finding it, but alas.

I looked into it a bit more, and supposedly SMT setting should be at: AMD CBS → CPU Common Options → Thread Enablement → SMT Control. Problem is, there isn’t much stuff under “CPU Common Options”, and thread enablement is missing. Is it perhaps still locked, somehow, or is there simply no such functionality on this FCCN16WW BIOS? Do you know anyone who can give an answer?

It is more likely that mobile BIOS type lacks such functionality.

In Ryzen Master app there is a toggle, but it doesn’t seem working for every SMT-capable CPU.
The other option might be MSR change mod. But I don’t know which register is responsible for SMT enablement as AMD didn’t release the BKDG for 17h family yet. We can either just wait for this tech doc. or find the register by comparing MSR dumps from the mobo with SMT on/off. On top of that, the mod would require SPI programming. :face_exhaling:

1 Like

Thanks for your insight. Guess I’m stuck with SMT for good.

Hi everyone. I’m using Legion7i 11980HK, I accidently bought the XMP ram and i can not return. My Bios is H1CN52WW. Can you guy please help me unlock to advance bios. thanks so much.

Hello.
The unlocker tool is not suitable for BIOS version H1CN52WW.

thank for advice. I used rufus to make an UEFI:NTFS USB, then I extracted SREP file which is include EFI folder. I copied this folder to the root of the USB. Then I created a note file and save as SREP_Config.cfg file then copied this code below:

Op Loaded
H2OFormBrowserDxe
Op Patch
Pattern
59B963B8C60E334099C18FD89F04022200000000
59B963B8C60E334099C18FD89F04022201000000
Op Patch
Pattern
E33545B0043046499EB714942898305300000000
E33545B0043046499EB714942898305301000000
Op Patch
Pattern
732871A65F92C64690B4A40F86A0917B00000000
732871A65F92C64690B4A40F86A0917B01000000
Op Patch
Pattern
9E76D4C6487F2A4D98E987ADCCF35CCC00000000
9E76D4C6487F2A4D98E987ADCCF35CCC01000000
Op End

Op LoadFromFV
SetupUtilityApp
Op Exec

then saved. I reboot the computer and they said the security block the operation. Am i wrong? Sorry because of my bad computer knowledge.

I used rufus with SREP.img and replaced the SREP_Config.cfg. After that I reboot and do the same as before, the operation also blocked by the system. I did again with Super-UEFIinSecureBoot-Disk_minimal_moded.img, the result still same, blocked by system. Did i do wrong? Can you give me some advice please?

No need for Rufus. Create a 1GB FAT32 partition on your flashdrive, copy the EFI folder and the SREP_Config.cfg onto it, and boot from it. You have to disable Secure Boot in bios first.

1 Like

Dear lampardrobi, I can not disable Secure Boot