[TOOL] Lenovo (H20) Bios Unlocker and Locker

@SadMaya This is not exactly the same version that is online, or the one that I uploaded last time, As it have small change, that I needed to achive some particular scope. If you want the Version that I uploaded last time, I think that your best bet is ask the other user, if still has a copy…, or even better build a copy from that source file, you have only to add the variable name and the variable guid, and if you really want compile it because you don’t trust me, you will find the way to obtain these two :smiley:

@pcmanfm56 No I don’t know the key combo, and that key comb that I mentioned a couple of time, turned out to be a key to be useful to bring a “useless” debug page (in normal condition) (credit to @lampardrobi ).

Then this issue make no sense to me, and the terminal hang is not a description of the issue (you have to dig deeper that that, could be a outdated kernel, a wrong PCI setup, or even that your have not blacklisted the dGPU driver, and assigned the dGPU to vfio-pci, so when the script try to unload it, all fuck up. I suggest to the the passthrough the good old way, without using script, so you understand how it work and where it fail),
and I can say that I have dGPU passthrough with unlocked bios without issue, (as it should be).

In the remote case that is a bios error, I bet that your issue is more related to some setting that you changed instead of the bios being unlocked, the you can always unlock → change → relock if you think that having it unlocked is the issue

Regarding the menu not working as expected, I can’t do anything over that, that mean that the IFR show some value, but the backend that is responsible for applying these setting has some limit etc…, and I don’t want to dig into this rabbit hole

Unlocker .zip (1.27 KB)

Thank you very much,

Maya

AMD SVM and VT-X is already enabled by default after doing a bit of digging there is also the option to use discreet or hybrid graphics but the only way to change UMA is by going to AMD CBS

well thanks can you help me configure my BIOS searching in google does not yield useful results
what does DASH feature support and iLA TraceMemoryEn do? i have enabled them and windows still boots fine (no idea what stibp status does? and i left it off)
for the graphics which UMA version should i select [Legacy/Non-Legacy/Hybrid secure] Auto seems to disable it?

AMD SVM and VT-X is already enabled by default after doing a bit of digging there is also the option to use discreet or hybrid graphics but the only way to change UMA is by going to AMD CBS

well thanks can you help me configure my BIOS searching in google does not yield useful results
what does DASH feature support and iLA TraceMemoryEn do? i have enabled them and windows still boots fine (no idea what stibp status does? and i left it off)
for the graphics which UMA version should i select [Legacy/Non-Legacy/Hybrid secure] Auto seems to disable it?

The only thing that you need to modify for a proper gpu passthrough is iommu, and dmar(only if linux report as disabled), other things need are perfectly fine as default.

What you need to change/check is the script for the gpu passthrough…, As said at least once do it by and so you see what’s wrong…

Has anyone checked the unlock on Lenovo IP Gaming 3 15ach6 82k201d1rk ?

How is your computer now, my Lenovo Legion 5 Pro (16ITH6H) is bricked too. Tried everything but still doesn’t work.
@Ziraaa

@wsz2074480
You laptop boot and is stuck at self healing, or refuse to boot?
Have you tried the usb recovery method?

@wsz2074480
I didn’t try spi flash because lack of knowledge. I’ve sent it to a service center. I hope they will repair it.

@Ziraaa
@AARCH64_EL3
perhaps self healing change my default settings, i think.
after i unplug all batteries and assemble all of them, press the power button, wait for 5 sec, the screen backlight is on but nothing was displayed.
10sec later, it restarts itself and then starts over and over again.
tried usb recovery. didn’t work.
i sent it to Lenovo service center, they refused to flash bios for me. but they replaced me with a new motherboard and radiator for free, omg. they fixed it in 2 days, omg.
sorry for my poooor English and blah blah…

@AARCH64_EL3

Please help!.. did’nt work on Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6. it show success when unlocking in EFI App, but advanced mode still not appears.
Laptop Name: Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600h
GPU: GTX 1650
BIOS: H3CN31WW (v2.01)

Your bios is not compatible

I think you skipped the check if “cE!” exist

@AARCH64_EL3 need to import bios file (.bin) to uefitool but i dont have it… how to get the file?

Lenovo site
But I checked for you and you bios is not compatible

my current bios version is H3CN31WW, i see in lenovo site there is an update to H3CN32WW. is this still not compatible?..

and is there no other way to unlock the advanced settings?

nope I checked the 32WW, as the 31WW was impossible to find

There’s always a method, maybe involving a bios flasher, but surely on that bios, the easy tool doesn’t work

Hi all!

This mod on the Legion 5 AMD 15ACH6H stops working from BIOS version GKCN53WW.

Did u checked after the bios update? Maybe u have to unlock it again with the Exe and the update locked it again u know

I’ve tried unlocking after the update and no longer works, hence I posted it here to inform people.

When you flash the bios of your laptop, always open the bios and before making any changes that might brick your laptop do an F10 save of the current settings and reboot. When you F10 and save, it makes a copy of the current settings and applies the new settings you have just made. The unplug the main and cmos battery method of unbricking the laptop deletes the current broken settings and retrieves me backup copy and applies them to boot the system.

If you flash a new bios and jump straight to a memory setting change or something else in the unhidden section, there is no backup copy of the settings to recover.

Hope that this helps people avoid others experiencing some of the same dramas being discussed

April 2022 Firmware updates from Lenovo disables this work around. If you wish to continue using unlocker, on the 2021 Legion 5 pro, the most recent bios that still works is 50WW. Anything later disables the cE! variable

You might find this educational https://www.welivesecurity.com/2022/04/1…nsumer-laptops/