[TOOL] SREP (SmokelessRuntimeEFIPatcher)

For now wildcard is enough, I just want it run like UEFIPatch.

Was wondering how do you use this tool to lets say load an efi module? Also is the effect of this tool permanent?

Thank you

Op LoadFromFS
<.efi>
Op Exec

Exec option applies to the last loaded app only. Use “Op Exec” after each to load multiple apps.
Effect is not permanent.

After bootx64 loads does it continue to look for the Windows or other OS boot file? How does that work? guessing you would have to daisy chain load the windows boot loader off of the efi partition on your hard drive.

Thanks

SREP is not an OS loader. It can be, but not needed at all, in the first place. After you launch SREP, it does whatever you programmed within the available functions. The source files are available on github.

Found a partial confirmation of this.

Loading the only UiApp of UMAF tool successfully brings you the default tabs layout configured in AMITSE. And it also opens UiApp as FrontPage.
So, I would venture to say that the solution is already there. It works this way: SREP >> UMAF UiApp >> FW UI.

Do you happen to know about this before, @AARCH64_EL3?

Loading only UiApp is highly unstable and has a very low success rate across bios vendor, expecially on newer bios with grphical/mouse UI

1 Like

@Sweet_Kitten

Will it load an FFS file? Or do I have to convert it to efi?

Also does it matter if using a usb key how the disk is formated? If I go UEFI with GUID EFI system partition will it load from the EFI partition or does it have to be a single partitioned drive or not matter?

Thanks

I’m no expert, but I believe it needs to be a pure .efi file for proper loading. Normally, you should use FAT32 formatted flash drive. SREP will load files specified from the root of partition.

Well I tried to create an uefi compatible usb stick with its own system efi partition housing an EFI/BOOT folder because I have CSM turned off. In any case had no luck getting my bios boot menu to see the BOOTx64.efi file or recognize the usb stick as a bootable drive no matter where the EFI folder was located. By all right the system should have seen it though I did not try to create a lone fat32 partition. Maybe was a bad usb stick. Still chasing the dream to be able to daisy chain load lets say the resizeable bar efi mod file and then daisy chain load my windows system or another boot loader of my choice.

Thanks

tbf, loading the RebarMod or any other DXE driver from Storage , before the boot option is easy and is a supported natively by UEFI…
not even need any external tool…

You can use EFI Shellx64 or other suitable UEFI shell to set automatic load and execution of .efi (ReBAR DXE) during system boot. Use cmd ‘bcfg driver add 0 fs1:\EFI\Boot<.efi>’ where 'fs1:\EFI\Boot' is path to DXE driver file on UEFI boot partition (use cmd ‘mountvol x: /s’ to mount the Windows ESP partition).

1 Like

Well it didn’t work. I tried to load the resizebar efi driver using an Uefi Shell by ‘load rebar.efi’ → Success message. Then I directly chain loaded the windows boot loader and the option for rebar greyed out and not available. Sorry if off topic. Would the Smokeless tool work better to load the rebar efi file?

Note: Well aware that a straight bios mod would be better but the intended victim machine at work I rather not risk with a bios flash. Thanks

What the option?
You mean ReBarState.exe?

try to do with the bcfg driver add…

cause that is better,and almost the same as inserting into the rom, it allow to load the driver before the READY_TO_BOOT flag, and maybe that’s whats preventing it to load… properly

SREP loading method in this version is not much different from the load of UEFI Shell…
so I guess that the result will be the same, and both appen after the READY_TO_BOOT event

I mean in the AMD Adrenaline Performance control panel tab.

Anyhow I had no luck getting it to work despite seeing the added driver
in the bios boot menu. Not sure if its the video card or the machine itself.

Will try updating gop driver perhaps. Going off topic so will stop talking.

Will try on another one later.

Thanks

hello, I was able to enter advanced bios settings on my L5pro 2022 using your method, but i can’t find option to set voltage curve optimizer. the only option to change voltage is P0state settings.
here’s my SREP_Config.cfg
SREP_Config.zip (393 Bytes)

i tried to put PState0 Freq to 4200 MHz leaving voltage option as it is, saved settings and restarted, but it is not booting. power button lights up and keyboard RGB is working, but screen doesn’t show anything. everything resembles this case ([TOOL] Lenovo (H20) Bios Unlocker and Locker - #42 by AARCH64_EL3).
so i followed the steps from the forum, named USB JUCrisis and bios JUCrisis.bin (taking first 2 letters of BIOS JUCN59WW and adding Crisis), but after holding fn + R for a while it doesn’t beep or give other kind of signals. maybe bios and USB name should be different, as you mentioned it depents on model.

(The file name is saved in the raw section of PCDDxe)

i don’t know where to look for this(

my model is Lenovo Legion 5 pro 2022, 16ARH7H.
bios JUCN59WW.
can you pls help me?
@AARCH64_EL3

ooh finally, i managed to find correct filename for bios reset. it turns out to be the same scheme as for legion 7, first 4 symbols of the bios name. beep sound came on and it restarted just as normal after 10 mins.
thank you anyways, without knowing about emergency bios reset i couldn’t fix it.

it may sound crazy, but i still want to set voltage lower for better temps. will entering advanced CBS and PBS settings allow me to control voltage?

Voltage Control is available only on HX CPU, if you have a HX cpu use UXTU/ryzenadj to tune it