Undervolting a i5-12400F on a Asus B660M-A D4

I’m stuck trying to find a way to undervolt my cpu as it’s throttling and gets hot. I got no option available to do in the Bios nor using 3rd party like Throttlestop or XTU. Cycled through every available Bios version of my mobo but did not manage to achieve anything. I only managed to make the disable undervolt protection option appear with some older Bioses.
I’m now thinking that, as a last resort, i could attempt to mess with the microcode, and perhaps get something out of it, but i’m not sure how. I’m uncertain as to how to go about it. I’d appreciate any help coming my way.
P.S: I could perhaps do it on my own with some clear instructions given to me. I just picked this forum section in case it doesn’t work…

Badly assembled system/thermal seated cpu, paste.
In bios there’s should be options for cpu TDP, you can limit the TDP to 65w or 90w, this CPU goes up to near 120w and more, in turbo.
Try 75w for PL1/PL2

Apparently theres no such option having the latest Bios running(ver 3205 by Asus) and the only thing i changed towards that direction was the load line set to 1. There’s a package power time window which can be changed though…

Sorry to hear that… i dont have that mb or know the bios items present.
The package time is not the issue here but helps a bit.
The crucial part here, is the PL1 and PL2 delivery power package to the processor.
Presumably the system is well assembled?!??! A lot of those correctly “assembled” machines come to me with heat problem’s, 11th Raptor Lake and 12/13th AlderLake
Anyway, at your risk, you can try mod bios but this mb model doesn’t have USB BFB feature…

[TOOL] UEFI Editor - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[GUIDE] [UPDATE] Usage of AMI’s AptioV UEFI Editor + FPT Flash Method - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Any issues regarding the linked threads, post there not here, Good luck

It should be correctly assembled tbh… These type of systems come in as prebuilt gaming pcs, which i know is not the go 2 option if you are looking to uv/oc and have options available to you, but, i have to live with it for now. I assume the heat problem comes from the poorly performing stock cooler the 12400 has. AFAIK, those just do not cool down the cpu enough. The thermal paste should be in good condition as i haven’t used this particular system much.

This is whats available to me via XTU. Translates as PL2 limit on the left and PL1 on the right

Well if the heat and temperature is an issue for you, you’re not gona use this settings enable or in such values in XTU for sure…because 28sec at 240w it will surely get him on 90c or plus with the stock cooler.
And yes this are the options present in some bioses settings, the PL1 and PL2