[Request] Aorus 15P BIOS Unlock

Hi all, my first post here. I have read several guides and posts on the forum, so I think I’m on the right track.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus laptop and want to unlock the bios, namely to undervolt the cpu and adjust ram timings. I have a CH341 programmer and I’m waiting on a WSON8 clip, as I have a soldered bios chip.

I have extracted the BIOS to a .bin file;

Could someone please mod/unlock the bios for me. From the guides, I am comfortable with how to flash the chip but actually editing the bios is more than I’d like to attempt at first.

You should use a programmer to restore your bios by flashing. Of course if you get a brick after modding.
I think your bios version is FE, right? It is a problem version which cannot be re-flashing via fptw & other tools. Oh, one more thing. I’ve heard bad comments about FE09 version(some problems with cpu package power).
I’ll try to research your bios version dump. Anyway, I have some ideas we can try.
It takes some time…

Thanks Zentsi. Yes it’s the FE09 bios. I can roll it back to FE03, but I know it also has the same problem with re-flashing.

It is not necessary. Yep, the same trouble with re-flashing. I think bios v.FE09 is good, if works without problems.

Thanks, I’ve just got my wson8 clip. so I will try and connect to chip

okay, I’ve successfully got my ch341 programmer reading the bios. When it comes to actually flashing the new bios, will I need to remove the bios battery? Some guides say you do and other don’t mention it.

Could you remind me, please, why do you want to use the programmer? Do you have a bios dump mod or you want to “read” your bios dump from a chip and then modify it and re-flash?

As I know a programmer uses when smb wants to “read” or flash(for restoring) an original dump.

Let me remind you again, you don’t need to use a CH341 programmer + a WSON8 clip for modding/unlocking or flashing(it’s better for restoring).
I’ve written about it, but you write the same.

I just want to unlock the menus in the bios so I can adjust voltages and timings, I don’t really mind how. My understanding from multiple forums was that this FE bios could only be modified by using a programmer, because it can’t be re-flashed. If it can be done without a programmer, that’s great.

…via fptw tool etc., yes, you’re right.
If you want to use a programmer, you will need to make a bios mod with unlocking variables and opened hidden sections.
I actually can make a bios mod for you and then you can just re-flash it via ch341, but opening your laptop === losing your warranty. Are you sure? :thinking:
I researched your bios dump… and it looks different than mine on my aorus 15p with FB07. In fact I think I have another safety way to unlock your bios(experimental).

If you think there is a safer way than using the programmer I am happy to do that. Yeah I have read that FB bios is easier to mod than the FE.

In my opinion the same. The problem in re-flashing with FE, not in the modding.

1 Like

I also have BIOS version FE09.
Have you found a way to unlock it?

Zentsi helped me unlock the CPU voltages and clocks. The bios menus are still hidden but have successfully undervolted the cpu with throttlestop.