[Updated] Latest ROM Modules (Not AHCI/RAID related)

Realtek 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Series v3.02 (06/04/20)

OROM Realtek 2.5 Gb PXE - 3.02.rar (28.9 KB)

UPDATE: Due to recent report:

link will be deleted.

1 Like

@frwil
In the Intel(R) Network Connections Software Version 28.2 package, I did not find a single Intel LAN Boot Agent rom xxxx*.lom file.
Where are they located???

I got it.

Where did you get this rom?
The manufacturer does not offer these anywhere!
I haven’t found them anywhere except here.

Sorry, some modules i don’t track all the origins (some i do) as they update often, but im sure this one came from a new release bios of some mb model.

My TPM module immediately sounded the alarm! I also checked all the motherboards. MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, and AsRock have not integrated this ROM! It could be possible to be attacked remotely without noticing it.

An appeal to the admin to prevent such ROMs

I don’t understand how a TPM would recognize a tampered module. It might have stored values for measured boot or verified boot, the security information for protected areas in bios region might have been broken, but that’s all since there a module exchanged.

Would be interesting what bios this module was tried in and what the message was.

1 Like

@RoadrunnerDB
Please attach here a screenshot of how your TPM sounded the alarm.

I won’t post a screenshot here, which could jeopardize my system security! Additionally, the TPM is not only responsible for hardware changes but also interacts with the operating system, which is also security-relevant.

The ROM could have been patched, not necessarily maliciously, but for a system where it’s necessary, for example, a company needing certain functions but not as a standard, etc.

The fact is, you don’t just distribute such ROMs (that you get from somewhere) without thought. Especially not if you don’t know who changed what and why!

My motherboard is a Z790 with TPM module and Intel Raptor Lake CPU.
Operating system: Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit.

All the best to everyone here.

Oh yes. All ROM/ EFI modules, ”codes, tools and ME firmware are taken from ‘somewhere’! This isn’t a support forum, it’s a 100% users responsibility what he does with anything posted here!

But you fiddle around with firmware modules of unknown origin?

I think this discussion is quite meaningless and most probably based on a lack of knowledge what a TPM can do and recognize.

The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) technique supports computer security at the hardware level by protecting against malware and sophisticated cyber attacks. TPM technology can be embedded in modern CPUs and “securely store artifacts used to authenticate the platform.” Artifact TPMs protect everything from passwords to certificates to fingerprints – all the critical data users want to securely store.

A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a physical or built-in security technology in the form of a microcontroller located on the motherboard or within the computer’s processor. TPMs use cryptography to securely store important and critical data on PCs and enable platform authentication. They store a variety of sensitive data, such as user credentials, passwords, fingerprints, certificates, encryption keys, or other important documents for end users behind a hardware barrier to protect them from external attacks.

So, one more time, for the kindergarten.

Your statement shows how shallow you are. This shallowness indicates that ROMs are being uploaded where the origin is unknown. None of the major motherboard manufacturers have implanted this Realtek ROM version 3.02.

What’s your problem?

I just pointed out that there’s something wrong with this version, nothing more.

@RoadrunnerDB
You’re quite right sir., so do please take care when using files shared here by users, as this is a forum made of users and for users.

I don’t even recall if that rom was on the latest modern bios releases and i also noticed when i gathered the dump, that indeed RTL hadn’t released any version newer that 3.01.
Enjoy the forum resources, all the best and good luck.

Thank you for your understanding.

I’ve known Win-Raid since 2012, back then in German on a different platform, and I updated my Intel Z-77 motherboard to the latest version (with a good guide) by myself.

I think it’s great that we’ve come this far.

It’s always disappointing that most motherboard manufacturers stop providing BIOS updates after about 2 years. That’s why I’m happy to keep it going.

TPM security is an additional way to fight cybercrime, hackers, etc.

I don’t want to discourage anyone here, but make sure the source is clean.
Keep up the good work in this spirit.

@RoadrunnerDB @Michael_Code

New official 2.5G PXE ROM Code 3.04 2024/02/27

UEFI UNDI Driver (X64/ARM) 2.064

EDIT: Yes, latest versions of the UEFI UNDI needs correction for UBU, as its been since 2.060 and newer.

2 Likes

Hello,

The ROM 3.04 works without any problems.

The EFI file 2.064 is probably not intended directly for the BIOS, or it’s no longer compatible with the network card built into the Z790. I suspect that the drivers are for the EFI shell itself. Or it may need to be adapted for the BIOS.

The 2.063, which I also have on this Win-Forum, works perfectly fine.

Best regards.