[Wanted] XP compatible Intel AHCI/RAID driver for modern Intel Chipset systems

Hi, Fernando
I have DEV_22A3 too and want to try using “32bit Universal…”. But it does not contain string with 22A3. Which drive I have to select?

Thanks, Eugene

Sorry. I want to install WinXP on Dell Inspire 20. If it is important to note.

@Eugene_K :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
Are you sure, that your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller has the DeviceID DEV_22A3? Please check it from within the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section of the Device Manager.
If you can verify, that it has the DeviceID DEV_22A3, I will attach a freshly customized mod+signed Intel RST driver v11.20.1006 with support of DEV_22A3 AHCI Controllers.
My mod+signed Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 do contain the DeviceID DEV_0F23, which I thought is the DeviceID of the Intel BayTrail chipset SATA AHCI Controller.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Dieter,

thank you. Just double checked, under Win 7 it looks like the standard MS AHCI1.0 SATA device. ID 8086:22A3 (REV_21)

Regards,
Eugene

@Eugene_K :
Attached is a freshly created “new Universal 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando” with included support of the DEV_22A3 Intel SATA AHCI Controller.
Please report, whether this driver worked for your system or not.
Good luck!

new Universal 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando.rar (252 KB)

Thank you.

Still does not work even though the driver was loaded (make video to be sure, message about loading SATA AHCI … DEV_22A3 … present)
BSOD after all driver loaded and 5 sec dark screen. STOP: 0x7E.
Win XP SP 3.

I presume that nothing else can be done, right?

Regards,
Eugene

@Eugene_K :
Thanks for your report, which verifies, that your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controler DEV_22A3 is supported by the mod+signed driver, which I had attached to my last post.

This BSOD means, that the XP Setup loaded a wrong (not matching) textmode driver or the support of a wrong (not matching) Intel SATA Controller.
Possible reasons:
1. usage of an already customized (not “clean”) XP image as source
2. integration of more than 1 driver or/and the support of more than 1 Intel SATA Controller
For a successful integration of an Intel textmode driver into an XP you have to make sure, that you use an original (untouched) XP CD as source and integrate not more than the one and only matching driver and the one and only matching Controller support.

Hi Fernando,

I’ve checked a hash sum of the original iso file and it is the same as the one on Microsoft site
Added only one driver and got the same result: STOP 0x7E, acpi.sys (the same number at BSOD)
Without adding the new driver under the original XP image I’ve got another BSOD
Computer has now the only hdd SATA controller (one channel for HDD and one channel for DVD)
Can you please advise if there are any other further actions
Thank you

Regards,
Eugene

@Eugene_K :
Hello Eugene,
thanks for your report.
The acpi.sys error message is XP related and indicates a wrong ACPI setting.
Please restart the XP installation and press F7 when the XP Setup prompts you to press F6. Maybe you will have to try different ACPI settings.
If that doesn’t help, restart the installation procedure and press F5 at the same stage of the installation process and try different options.
Good luck!