Win-Raid Forum future announcement

@lfb6 :

Since I seem to be the only active Team member, I will give you an answer:
It is meanwhile very unlikely, that the Forum will be closed at the end of this year.

It is possible, if you add quotation marks before and after the author of the quoted post.
I have corrected the formatting of your last post.

This is really good news

The previous answer I gave here (underlined part), still holds true. Our transition/migration plan has not changed, so the forum will not close by the end of the year. Things will remain the same for as long as this procedure lasts, and our users will be notified in advance of the outcome.

Hey All,

I just dunno what to say? Totally gutted and saddened at the possible loss and closure of Win-Raid. I have been a member since 2013 and its the one Forum that I always come back too. The people on here are outstanding.

I have spent many, many hours on here learning and tinkering with Bios Mods, Old Skool Nvida Chipset/drivers, NVMe, Intel ME CPU codes - the list goes on.

I remember the testing that was done with the Nvidia drivers that disappeared after a major Windows 10 release screwed it all up. This was the only site that saved so many of us by working together and getting a fix - There is no other forum like this out there!!!

I have helped all if not most of my family and friends with information provided by the most talented and helpful people on here as are the whole Win-Raid community.

I would like to to say thankyou and I have nothing but the utmost respect for Fernando, LOST_N_BIOS, Lordkag, Plutomaniac, SoniX, CodeRush and sooo many others… the whole community.

I totally agree with the opening comments “All of these do not align with the spirit of the forum, as originally set, and is thus our decision to close the forum instead of letting it become something it was never supposed to be: content-poor, ad-filled and unmaintained.”

Yeah things change or don’t work out as expected over-time but there must be another way to keep Win-Raid going. New web site hosting? A new structure?. Membership fees to help and assist the maintenance/other of the site?

I would much rather pay a yearly membership than to see Win-Raid disappear and just become a fading memory.

I have no idea what the future will hold but I would like to think and hope that Win-Raid - its Heart and its Spirit remain for many more years.

The post No #7 by Win7Ashtrix says it all really. Like everything Win-Raid is about - there must be an alternative solution out there. We just gotta find it.

Kind Regards,

KingKenny

Perhaps we should just move it to a discord Channel. And keep the website to read only. That way we can just have a moderator the chat.

Merry Christmas/Frohe Weihnachten/Joyeux Noel to the Win-RAIDer “greater family”!

Cheers

Hans

i think im agree with you, i just entered this bios modding work and i successfully modded alot of motherboard from chipset 6 to 9 (and older intel chipset but only changing their bios logo :P), atleast the mods could start a discord server, make the file for the mods available in discord or embed the link to it, making it more available. that’s a good idea to start XD

Diter Pluto tears from my eyes. This proect…

Animal DOCTER, with CAPITAL letter, Fernando. THANK YOU for project. low bow

This is the most amazing forum I know. Thanks to this great community, I learned a lot about UEFI. To lose such a resource is the loss of valuable knowledge and experience that is accumulated by reptiles. Maybe just give the forum to the community? Find people who are ready to continue what you all did!?

Having spent the better part of the last few days reading many of the "how-to" threads here, it would be a genuine tragedy to lose such a rich resource. Of course, all of the reasons mentioned are valid, but I hope you find a way to continue.

Update 30/01/2022 :

Hi everyone,

We are still working on a transition/migration of the Win-Raid forum to a new home. As explained back in November, this process will take some time, but I’d like everyone to know that the forum will not go down in between and its content/members will be preserved as much as possible. We’ll keep you updated for any important next steps. So feel free to keep using the forum normally in between, and don’t worry, it should have a new home & administration soon and thus not only preserve, but also expand, all the amazing knowledge/work.

1 Like

@plutomaniac Thank you so much! The forum must not go down, it must prevail! We will prevail no matter what hardships come to us!

P.S. the forum likes to throw a 404 error when connecting from California

thanks for the good news, plutomaniac.

hopefully the win-raid forum will continue to operate in the future, unlike what happened with the NotebookReview.com forum, which recently closed down for good on Jan. 31. 2022

Can it be possible to move these to a new website/server as I hate all this useful information to be gone forever. As I recently used intel csme and AMI Aptio V to dump, and got my first ch341a programmer as I dumped and modded my first bios on a intel nuc knock off. Recently unlocked it as much as I can. I always find the information on this site very useful in my bios and legacy systems adventure when I’m not busy, and consider these types of reverse engineering and info fun to look at and do. I have always had a passion for technology despite my challenges in social life at times because of me having autism. As a result I actually prefer the older format of these types of forums as I hate social media in general. I mean I guess there’s always https://www.bios-mods.com/ discord and Reddit and XDA but it’s just not the same in my opinion. I will definitely miss the windows vista/conky widgets type of widgets for the clock interface on the main page as this type of site has a special touch that just won’t be the same without. Hopefully years of information can be migrated to another place for at least archival of past posts before this shutdown :disappointed::expressionless:

If there’s any other good sites out on the internet not web crawled by google or any search engine I know about. Let me know what else is a good alternative other then what I have said and know about In my previous message.

I feel like we need to try to go on archive.org and archive this site as much as possible, or have the original owner upload this whole site onto another platform even if it’s just up for archival purposes in the future. I did read and saw something about this being archived so hopefully this is still true.

I could get behind that, especially since I have a new laptop that I want to see if 8.1 is possible to get/mod drivers for it, I don’t want to lose that thread. If anyone here has any solutions, please do share them here: [Win8.1] Need Drivers for Lenovo Ideapad 3-15ITL6

Any of your guy’s help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Edit by Fernando: Broken quote formatting fixed

A great source of arcane knowledge on inner workings of BIOS, drivers, modules etc cannot just hit the bit bucket, though maybe the administrative overhead of running as a forum (with the amount of garbage clearing that requires … I was a mod on the Outpost Firewall Forum) is perhaps no longer justifiable.

@Matth79 perhaps it’s just me but I don’t see the harm in say sifting through the last 5-6 years of threads, keeping the most popular/active ones then hitting the old reset button. Sometimes a fresh start while only being concerned with preserving the most valuable and useful information is the best way to go especially if there hasn’t been enough hands on deck to keep everything organised and it would allow somewhat of a “rebirth” of the forum. Hell, because I’m a mascochist I’d happily go through every single forum, sub-forum, page and thread organising and renaming where needed every bloody thing to get things back in order all I need is access. I’ve modded before and one of my current roles is putting things on the main Powercolor site so I’m familiar with inner workings, it might also be worth considering such things as a “News” section where anyone can post about tech articles to help draw in new members and traffic to boost revenue for the site.

I expect I’m far from being the oldest member here but I have been into tech and IT for what is 27 years now and if there are two things I’ve seen happen as the years have rolled on is that A) People interested in tech now have been indoctrinated by large tech companies to think the smallest bit of tinkering that requires actual knowledge = BAD so forums like this need to prevail and B) There is still a lot of people out there that want to be like us but forums like this are nowhere near as bountiful as they were 20 years ago so we must adapt with the times and remain in view for all to see lest all aspiring enthusiasts end up devolving into little better than chimp level capable, I saw it start when large companies started introducing “one click” OC Windows software and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let all those companies get their wet dream of clueless enthusiasts that eat up everything they say and do without a fight. A damn hard fight. I stood my ground 20 years ago or more on this, and I’ll die on this spot for the good of ensuring that knowledge is never locked behind closed doors.

@ALL

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that we’re very close to migrating to a new home for Win-Raid! Huge thanks to @wendell and his team over at Level1Techs for making all this possible! Please take a look at the new announcement (Win-Raid – New Home ! Upgrading forum software and evolving ) and share your thoughts if you like!

I’m going to close this thread for now and continue at Win-Raid – New Home ! Upgrading forum software and evolving

1 Like