Win-Raid Forum future announcement

All I’m seeing in the forum lately is [REQUEST] [REQUEST] [REQUEST] Its no wonder Pluto is closing this down, i myself have done 3 custom bioses and posted them here, so i would like to think i have done a small part in helping others, as for LOST_N_BIOS the reason i asked if he was OK is not to sponge information from him but as a friend, he was a real nice guy to talk to on here, and we shared lots of information about software etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if in the end he just got sick and tired of all the demands and just left the forum for good, you cant expect one man to do so much for so many all the time.

Hello, hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with your families.

Thank you very much @Fernando for sharing the information about the site, Much respect to you sir, even at that age you are sharing and doing this astounding work, great person. I have a few friends at NBR (Notebookreview forum) they are wayy more elder than me and do similar passionate work, one of them is @Mr_Fox .

A big hearty thank you @plutomaniac letting us know about this valuable historic place’s future , good to hear that this place’s future is being taken care. Thank you to @lfb6 as well. I wish all the best for @Lost_N_BIOS.

Well said. I couldn’t agree more. My interest in PC technology is fading because of the morbidly obese digital filth the world of Kool-Aid drinking sheeple call Windows 10/11. If Windows 7 no longer exists, chances are great that I will no longer be engaged or participating as a PC enthusiast.

@Win7Ashtrix and @Mr_Fox Thanks for sharing this info!

Very saddened to hear the future announcement about the forum.

I think this was one of the best forums where I have seen BIOS mods, BIOS dev tools, custom signed/non-signed drivers, optimal chipset drivers etc were available under one roof and people of tons of experience.

I do remember using CH341A for the very first time for recovering from corrupted Intel MEI issue, MEI FW flashing guides and tools etc.

Also want to thank you @Fernando @plutomaniac and others who were patient enough and answer my stupid queries.

I wish everyone Good Luck. Take Care.

@Mr_Fox It seems we may have to switch to iPad/BGA M1 Pro and Pro for Overclocking and score very high points on HWBOT and compete on efficiency numbers vs raw processing power. [laugh]

Not nice to hear, I have enjoyed this forum very much, sorry I have not been the real supplier of tweaks and things as intended.
All the best to all and especially to plutomaniac, fernando and lost_n_bios.

Here is an archive of forum’s topic “Windows XP, 2003 x32 on modern hardware” (2018-2021) from win-raid.com, for the benefit of WinXP’ admirers.

https://www.upload.ee/files/13683020/WinXP_2003_x32_on_modern_hardware.rar.html

It is one-page, consumes 190 mb of RAM in Firefox.

EDIT: above is a new link, corrected and divided into 5 parts. View in Firefox, because Chrome doesn’t support spoilers.

1 Like

Well another unwelcome surprise in a year of disappointments…

Geez we may miss you all!

BTW Merry Christmas very soon…so its lumps of coal this year?

Cheers

Hans "Knecht Rupprecht"

@hancor :

Regarding this Forum please remain optimistic!

Personally, this forum has helped me. And it has helped a lot of people over the years; It is sad to see it shutting down, but times change. All good things must end one day. Don’t be sad its gone; be happy it happened. To all the contributors, mods, and website hosters, and whoever sees this; thank you. We all thank you for your contributions over the years.

Signing off, for the last time. Farewell.

This forum needs the ones that make requests as much as the ones that can answer them. It just has to be some balance. Some will cross the bridge, given proper nurture, as many have done it.

Thank you to all the contributors at Win-Raid forum. It is sad to see it close but we all move on life. I’ve learnt a lot in the past 6 years dating back from my high school days -> uni -> full-time work journey. I enjoyed reading the guides and using it to DIY my own BIOS mods. I wish everyone good luck for the future!

This is one of my newer accounts, Don’t know why I went with this one for this post.

I don’t ussualy look at anouncmets on any kind of forums. So when I saw this today, it suprised me. It’s such a sad thing in my opinion to see a really great forum just fall apart like this. Over the years I learned a lot just from this one forum. This forum really inspired me aswell, brought so many memories even when I was a student back in the days. This will forum even after it’s fall will stay in my heart.

And my interest in tech is starting to fade out because of telemetry and data collection. I have to agrea that it was way more fun before then now. Regarding windows, after Bill everything started going downhill in my opinion. New CEO, win8, telemetry, forceing UWP bloatware, Power Save features enabled by defult, I don’t even want to talk about win10 10mhz timer. Win7 was the last great windows operating system. And it’s life is going to expire just like it’s big brother Win XP which was a total succes. Linux is the only thing that is left for me. I like ARCH, but still it isn’t just like my win7 build were I was able to achive a massive succes in low latency and high performance. I don’t like where everything is going from now on, and this new win11 thing.

I want to thanks to Fernando, SoniX, lordkag, LOST_N_BIOS, CodeRush and plutomaniac and many others for even makeing this possible in the first place and for makeing driver/bios mods and or just helping around the forums. I hope I will be able to find all of this on another website/forum. It would be really disappointing to see all of this information/knowledge getting lost. Maybe getting a backup of everything and saveing it somwhere wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I wish everyone good luck in the future!

Cheers, and thanks again for makeing this possible and for shareing so much knowledge over the years.

For now Signing off, Krypton.

So sad to hear this news!

11 days to go for 2021- is there something new regarding the future of the forum?

(still not possible to quote for normal users…)

@lfb6 :

Since I seem to be the only active Team member, I will give you an answer:
It is meanwhile very unlikely, that the Forum will be closed at the end of this year.

It is possible, if you add quotation marks before and after the author of the quoted post.
I have corrected the formatting of your last post.

This is really good news

The previous answer I gave here (underlined part), still holds true. Our transition/migration plan has not changed, so the forum will not close by the end of the year. Things will remain the same for as long as this procedure lasts, and our users will be notified in advance of the outcome.

Hey All,

I just dunno what to say? Totally gutted and saddened at the possible loss and closure of Win-Raid. I have been a member since 2013 and its the one Forum that I always come back too. The people on here are outstanding.

I have spent many, many hours on here learning and tinkering with Bios Mods, Old Skool Nvida Chipset/drivers, NVMe, Intel ME CPU codes - the list goes on.

I remember the testing that was done with the Nvidia drivers that disappeared after a major Windows 10 release screwed it all up. This was the only site that saved so many of us by working together and getting a fix - There is no other forum like this out there!!!

I have helped all if not most of my family and friends with information provided by the most talented and helpful people on here as are the whole Win-Raid community.

I would like to to say thankyou and I have nothing but the utmost respect for Fernando, LOST_N_BIOS, Lordkag, Plutomaniac, SoniX, CodeRush and sooo many others… the whole community.

I totally agree with the opening comments “All of these do not align with the spirit of the forum, as originally set, and is thus our decision to close the forum instead of letting it become something it was never supposed to be: content-poor, ad-filled and unmaintained.”

Yeah things change or don’t work out as expected over-time but there must be another way to keep Win-Raid going. New web site hosting? A new structure?. Membership fees to help and assist the maintenance/other of the site?

I would much rather pay a yearly membership than to see Win-Raid disappear and just become a fading memory.

I have no idea what the future will hold but I would like to think and hope that Win-Raid - its Heart and its Spirit remain for many more years.

The post No #7 by Win7Ashtrix says it all really. Like everything Win-Raid is about - there must be an alternative solution out there. We just gotta find it.

Kind Regards,

KingKenny

Perhaps we should just move it to a discord Channel. And keep the website to read only. That way we can just have a moderator the chat.