X220 ME is in recovery state

no option in my bios, i just follow your mention,and short audio chip,then i can dumped.

now we can flashed ME region?

So you had the "me in recovery state" error before shorting the audio pins? If yes, then download the attached files and use "fptw -f desc_fix.bin -desc" as well as "fptw -f me_fix.bin -me" followed by "fptw -greset" commands. After the reset, check if you still receive the error and if MEInfo and MEManuf report everything as being ok.

desc_fix.rar (372 Bytes)

me_fix.rar (2.97 MB)

yes, once i short audio pins , there is no "me in recovery state" info!

I think you mean that you have the error normally but if you short the audio pins then it goes away. The latter is normal. So, after shorting the pins (read/write access to ME), flash the two files above as I said and let me know how it goes. Obviously, no need to short again after the flashing is done and "-greset" is invoked.

successss! there is no "ME is in recovery state" info

thank you a lot

i am happy to know why?

why use my bios me region is success?

Did it work properly? You don’t see the “me in recovery state” error anymore, correct? I don’t really understand your question but if you mean “why did my own ME dump work”, then the answer is that we cleaned it and flashed it back. It had some data leftovers so to speak (section A for an explanation) which caused problems.

my question is i can see “ ME is in recovery state” in boot ,it’s not correct.
but now is gone after follow your instructions.

thanks a lot

i have a question, if i use Lenovo bios rom flash back when i short audio pins , what happened?

I don’t understand the question. Use the “pinmod” only when you need it, not for regular BIOS updating from OEM or similar. You need it when you want to reflash the locked SPI regions such as Flash Descriptor, ME, GbE etc. The BIOS region is irrelevant and has it’s own “protective ranges” as they are called (the error you saw before we tried -desc and -me commands). Generally, if the system now works as expected, I don’t see why any more invasive actions are needed.