x570 motherboard recommendations for ryzen 5000 series & windows 7

@User32
Some ASUS x470/b450 latest bios still not fix the problem,wait for the new agesa version.

Wait for new AGESA or wait for a non-Beta BIOS?

I’m on a ASUS CH7 and the newest AGESA breaks Windows 7 ACPI compatibility with Zen 2, and your ACPI patch doesn’t work.

BIOS version 4001 beta(AGESA ComboV2 1.1.8.0)?
Dose 4001 beta support only Ryzen 5000?
As far as I know, Windows 7 will work on Systems with most ASUS X570/B550 motherboards(AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0) and ZEN2 CPUs.
4001 with a 3950X causes 0x5A or whatever that ACPI BSoD is with canonkong’s modded acpi.sys

@User32
New agesa,1.1.8.0 have some bugs about usb and acpi.

Interesting, guess that’ll be some time next year or so.

@evilprotoss@hotmail.com
I can sure that ASUS Gigabyte MSI X570/B550 can work on win7 and don’t need mod acpi.sys,because I had tested them before. I recommend buy a mainboard without WiFi card, also can buy the mainboard replace the WiFi card easily one. My Gigabytes X570 and B550 platforms all replace the WiFi card with 8260/8265AC,RTL8822CE,Killer 1535 which can work on win7.

thanks @canonkong i will buy the MSI X570 Prestige then. i know the onboard wifi is the intel ax200 so it wont work on windows 7 but i have always preferred wired network connections and i have already found official windows 7 drivers for the aquantia 10Gb NIC on the motherboard, if i need to i will buy a usb wifi adapter and use that

@evilprotoss@hotmail.com
You can buy a 8265AC to replace the AX200,it about $5. Also you can turn it off in the BIOS.

Am i understand correctly that any msi, asus, gigabyte x570 board supporting csm are win7 compatible, except asrock boards?

not sure, only question i will be able to answer soon will be is the msi x570 prestige compatible with windows 7, ill find out on the December 10th, if im not too busy playing cyberpunk ( the whole reason im doing any upgrading in the first place!) that and the asrosk x570 creator definitely does not work with windows 7.

SUCCESS!!!

Im happy to report that the MSI Prestige X570 Creation has a windows 7 compatible Bios. Windows 7 been installed and is fully functional expect for the intel wifi & Bluetooth devices which was expected based on other threads listed here and im ok with. NVME updates and USB drivers are functioning without issue. please note that for this motherboard i did experience issues with the 1.0.0.13 USB drivers causing USB sticks to malfunction when plugged into USB3.0 slots and not transfer data. This was fixed by switching to the 1.0.5.3 USB drivers provided by @canonkong (thanks!) and USB is working flawlessly with USB devices tested so far across all ports ( razer blackadder mouse, madcats kv5 keyboard, turtle beach stealth 450 headset, nexus 6 phone, and various models of USB sticks and portable hard drives)

now if only cyberpunk 2077 was as bug free as my system is…

That’s good news! I’m planning to buy MSI B550 motherboard, nice to know that BIOS with AGESA 1.1.0.0 Patch C work without A5 BSOD.
Did USB2 ports work without AMD drivers? I have PS/2 keyboard and USB mouse.

Impatiently awaiting the Crosshair VIII Dark Hero but god damn the wait is killing me. I wonder how elmor got Win7 working on his sample.

@paszczak i was not able to use any usb ports at all in windows without the amd usb drivers. a ps/2 device will be needed to install windows 7 if installed from retail media without the usb already included in the disc image. a custom windows 7 disc image is highly recommended. this also reminds of something i forgot to mention in my last post. although msi advertised that the included ps2 port on my prestige x570 creation motherboard supports ps/2 2to1 cables i could not get both my ps/2 keyboard and mouse working at the same time and i know my ps/2 2to1 cable is good because i used it to setup my x470 taichi ultimate motherboard. just something to be aware of.

I have PS/2 keyboard, so it’s not a problem. Windows has mouse emulator, alternatively I can use software like Neatmouse to move mouse cursor with keyboard. But I’m going to use my current Windows 7 installation, so I will have AMD’s USB drivers preinstalled to DriversStore directory. Windows should install these automatically when new hardware is found.
Thanks for all your help.

@paszczak if you has a ps2 mouse then windows built in onscreen keyboard would be your best option, and since its a disability function you can even turn it on from the logon screen. anyways good luck

If we use GIGABYTE mainboard,we can install win7 without usb driver,just open port 60/64 emulation function in the bios,which can make the usb keyboard and usb mouse work as PS/2 device.

D58F4D29-E9F2-4E83-AEFF-ECA2175B3CCC.jpeg

No XHCI.PNG

1 Like

The Port 60/64 Emulation doesn’t work for me?

I have a Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 motherboard. I have enabled the Port 60/64 Emulation, but still my keyboard turns off after the Windows 7 loading logo? What else must I enable?

Thank you,
Errol

@errolt

most likely you need USB3 driver.

@infuscomus According to the Port 60/64 Emulation description, this option should make a USB mouse look like a PS2 mouse, no USB support required.
Also, I have booted my previous Z270 + 7700K Windows Boot drive which had USB3 support installed. It boots perfectly, but still no USB support…