ASUS P7P55D-E PRO -- Intel P55 Chipset, Windows 10 clean install GUI/Driver question

Hello,
I recently upgraded to 2X500GB SSD’s for my system. I “thought” it would be a good idea to do a clean Windows 10 Pro install. So far it has been going good… I set up a Raid 1 using the BIOS (American Megatrends Inc. 1703, 6/26/2012) which is the latest BIOS for my Motherboard (according to the ASUS website). It seems to be working, I think. I will post what information I can find from the System Information app below. Sorry if its TMI!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1703, 6/26/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model Intel Raid 1 Volume
Size 465.75 GB (500,097,024,000 bytes)
Total Cylinders 60,800
Total Sectors 976,752,000
Total Tracks 15,504,000
Tracks/Cylinder 255
Partition Disk #0, Partition #0
Partition Size 500.00 MB (524,288,000 bytes)
Partition Starting Offset 1,048,576 bytes
Partition Disk #0, Partition #1
Partition Size 465.27 GB (499,578,306,560 bytes)
Partition Starting Offset 525,336,576 bytes

Name Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller
Manufacturer Intel Corporation
Status OK
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastorav.sys (13.2.0.1022, 657.34 KB (673,120 bytes), 10/30/2015 12:17 AM)

When I was using Win 7, there was a GUI where I could look at the health mostly, and reset the flag to rebuild if there was an error. I have looked at this post >Link< where someone was looking for the same thing. I tried to follow along the links and figure out which to download but when I searched P55 it sent me to another link so I am totally confused on what to download hehe. Can you please take a look and let me know which driver/software set I should download please?

p.s. I already installed the .net Framework stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Honestly, most of the information provided is plain useless…

BUT: I decided to help!

Here are 2 modified BIOS versions for your mainboard.
One that updates every OROM and one that updates every OROM except Marvell RAID.
If you decide to flash the one that updaes everything, make sure the Marvell SATA controller is working properly.
If not, please use the one that does not update the Marvell controller.
You can find further information about the modifications in Notes.txt inside the ZIP archive.

Then, you should reinstall Windows and load Intel RST drivers 11.2 during setup (to make sure the older driver is used).
Please use the older driver 11.2 for reaching best performance with your mainboards chipset.
A reinstall is needed, because Windows 10 installs a modern driver which will brick your OS during downgrading to a traditional driver.
After reinstalling Windows, you can install Intel RST Driver & Software Package 11.2.
The GUI you mentiond is installed by this package.

Here you can find Information about the drivers and their download links.
At the end pf the first post, you find the information regarding a downgrade from modern driver revisions.

Best regards,
Mr nUUb

Hehe I love honesty hehe, but what information would be useful?

Ok I have another question, because I really dont want to install everything again hehe. Does the raid even need the GUI? Or can it run just fine from the BIOS?

Thanks!

You will achieve better performance with the modified BIOS I provide in the first link.
This updates the RAID ROM to version 11.2, which corrects 2TB+ HDD detection.
I also used a modified version of the RAID ROM to enable TRIM for SSD RAID-0 sets.

You can try downgrading the Intel RAID driver, but your OS won’t boot (INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) afterwards.

And no, the RAID does not need the GUI.
But as I said before, the performance will be much better with the correct RAID ROM in BIOS and the corresponding drivers.

HI, i stumble apon this post when searching for p7p55d e pro window 10.

i recently got myself a new SSD for my p7p55d e pro mobo. and decided to give it a try on windows 10 pro/enterprise

i did a fresh upgrades, no drivers were installed as Asus stop producing driver up to 8.1.
so i only able to upgrade my bios to the latest. everything else are working.

after installing the SSD, i found out my sata3 isnt working as usual. ended up using the sata2 ports. which only get half the speed of ssd.
did a few research, checked my device manager, found out my marvell controller isnt in the list. so tats wads causing it.

so, is installing the modified bios u provided will somehow fix this problem too ?

regards,
melv

@melvkong :
Hello Melv,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

1. ASUS may offer, but doesn’t produce any drivers.
    2. Drivers, which were natively designed for Win8/8.1, usually work fine with Win10 as well.

Maybe the Marvell SATA Controller isn’t listed by the Device Manager, because it has been DISABLED within the BIOS or renamed by the OS to something like "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" or "Standard AHCI Controller".
Please check your BIOS settings regarding the "Storage Configuration" and check the HardwareIDs of the Controllers, which are listed by the Device Manager within the sections "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and/or "Storage Controllers".
Questions:
1. Which are the SATA mode settings (AHCI/IDE/RAID) of the Intel SATA Controller and which are the Marvell SATA Controller ones?
2. To which one of your onboard SATA ports is your SSD connected?
Note: If you want the best SSD performance, you should connect it to the first one of the Intel SATA ports (usually named "Port0").

If this question should be addressed to the Forum member mr_nuub, you should make sure, that he gets an info about your post.
By the way: A modification of your mainboard BIOS will only make sense, if you have set the Intel SATA Controller within the BIOS to "RAID" mode and have created or want to create an Intel RAID Array (requires 2 or more SSDs/HDDs).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)