Confused on which driver to use for laptop chipset

Hello all, sorry if this seems like such an obvious question but I’m just trying to be sure.

I have an msi gs73vr laptop that apparently has a “Mobile Intel HM170” chipset and a SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 2280 for the boot and a 850 evo 1tb sata 3 for the storage
Questions:
1) Does that mean I have an NVME boot drive?
2) Does that mean I use Intel or the samsung nvme drivers?
3) Which intel drivers do I use? RST(e) v14.8.12.1059 WHQL or Intel RST(e) v15.2.2.1030?

I think I’ve tried installing the 15.2.2.1030 drivers but they wouldn’t install in the device manager. Any help?

Yes.

No, you have to use either the Samsung or the MS in-box NVMe driver for the NVMe Controller of the Samsung 950 Pro SSD.

Both are good for your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which is managing the Samsung 850 EVO SSD. You can take any of them.

Thanks so much Fernando. I’ve been coming to this website since maybe 2013 or so and I love how helpful and committed you are to this website

Yes.

No, you have to use either the Samsung or the MS in-box NVMe driver for the NVMe Controller of the Samsung 950 Pro SSD.

Both are good for your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which is managing the Samsung 850 EVO SSD. You can take any of them.

Hello Fernando,

Whenever I try to update the driver through device manager for my samsung 850 evo sata ssd with the 15.2.2.1030 I keep getting this error message, "The folder you specified doesn’t contain a compatible software driver for your device"

I have downloaded from both the links that were provided from megaupload and onedrive that was in your other post.

How can I fix this?