[Solved]Problems to get inserted SataDriver working in EFI mode

Even for RAID0 using Hard DRivers as I am using right now?

Hi Fernando. A doubt and a problem.
I downgraded to OROM 11.2.015.27 as you mentioned that that is the best performance to Z68 and the SataDriver.ffs is correctly insert to the bios rom and I updated to the Trim suport by UBU too but for any reason the Raid menu Does Not appear into BIOS. It keeps flashing during boot the boring Ctrl + I. What do you think?

Even for RAID0 using Hard DRivers as I am using right now?

Actually I think I know what the problem is. In BIOS the value that must be changed to load the Satadriver correctly is set to Legacy rom not EFI compatible Rom. BUT when I changed to this VGA (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product…id=4154&dl=1#ov) Gigabyte HD 7870 with UEFI support if I select EFI compatible rom the pc does not boot. Black screem. I have to reset the bios and set back to Legacy rom to have a boot. It did not happen when I was using an older VGA (ATI 6850). So, any guess.

Hi cybersam, you are correct - there is no EFI sata module for v11.2, so you can only use legacy boot with CSM.

Only EFI SATA module v11.5 onwards gives full EFI support.

But I tried even with Intel_SataDriver_v12.9.0.2006_GUID-91B4D9C1_TRIM-mod-acc-CPL0_comp and its OROM.

Selecting EFI compatible ROM into Bios PC does not boot. Freezes. No video shown.
A have to say that with a previous Video card it has worked.

Just resetting bios and setting back to Legacy video appears but not loading the SataDriver within BIOs

If you use a stock (not modified) BIOS can you EFI boot with the Gigabyte HD 7870?

[Edit] I see the problem - Asus never made the BIOS completely EFI capable.

There is no EFI sata module or Intel EFI GOP driver in the latest BIOS.

Maybe you could ask Asus if there is a Beta EFI BIOS with IRST 11.6 OROM and EFI Sata module?

Just inserting them manually and hoping they might work does not seem to get the result you want.

If you use a stock (not modified) BIOS can you EFI boot with the Gigabyte HD 7870?

[Edit] I see the problem - Asus never made the BIOS completely EFI capable.

There is no EFI sata module or Intel EFI GOP driver in the latest BIOS.

Maybe you could ask Asus if there is a Beta EFI BIOS with IRST 11.6 OROM and EFI Sata module?

Just inserting them manually and hoping they might work does not seem to get the result you want.

The Gigabyte HD 7870 has a stock BIOS that according to its Website the latest BIOS supports UEFI and it is correct in my VGA.
Regarding to the ASUS Motherboard I inserted the SataDriver manually according procedures described by Fernando in this forum or by UBU software. So I have a Satadriver inserted and in different Oroms as tests.
But not finally yesterday I inserted the satadriver module manually to an original ASUS and modded it to >Intel RST(e) EFI RAID “SataDriver” v12.9.0.2006 and the Orom was updated too. The Satadriver module loaded into bios but not eliminate the Ctrl I and I had no choice regarding choosing Legacy Rom into bios. As I said, setting EFI compatible Rom, what should work, it freezes the Boot process. Even not having any image from gigabyte nor the regular “Beep” from the Motherboard.

had the same question: Fernando, who also has a asus z68, explained it here Intel EFI “SataDriver”/“GopDriver” BIOS Modules (11)
the asus z68 doesn’t support clean uefi, even if you load the additional satadriver.
it even states that in the asus forum that asus z68 cant use uefi fast boot. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php…20website%20now

I have an ASUS P8Z68-V mainboard and had no problem to get the freshy inserted SataDriver module running and being used by the Intel SATA RAID Controller.
Although the BIOS doesn’t offer the option to disable CSM completely, I got a very fast boot into the RAID0 array without any interruption caused by the RAID0 initialization (no CTRL+I popup).
These were the important steps:

1. Insertion of the “Universally TRIM modded” Intel SataDriver module and the Intel Ivy/Sandy Bridge GopDriver modules into the latest original mainboard BIOS.
  2. Flashing the modded BIOS.
  3. Entering the BIOS, hitting F5 (optimized settings) and setting the Intel SATA Controller to “RAID”.
  4. Saving the BIOS settings and powering the Computer completely off for ca. 1 minute.
  5. Powering the PC on, entering the BIOS and doing the other favorite BIOS settings.
  6. Most important are the following settings within the “BOOT” section of the BIOS.
    • “PCI ROM Priority”: Set it to “EFI compatible ROM”.
    • “Option ROM Messages”: Set it to “Keep Current”.
    • “Boot Option 1”: Set it to “Windows Boot Manager”.

No way Fernando. Up to your step 6 everything was nice as many times I have done.
1. I re-modded athe Asus lattest Bios Rom manually and inserted “Universally TRIM modded” Intel SataDriver module and the Intel Ivy/Sandy Bridge GopDriver modules into the latest original mainboard BIOS".
2. Done all the steps you suggested. Nothing different to what I have done up to here.
3. The SataDrive menu appears into bios but,
4. The problem begins after setting to EFI Compatible Rom and Keep Current option. When I click to “Save and Reboot” just with this sets set the 'saving and rebooting" processes freezes. The PC does not restart even save. SO, I manually turn it off. Power on and no video.
5. If I reset the Cmos, and redo the settings but letting Legacy rom instead of EFI compatible everything works but with the Ctrl I option appearing.
6. As I said, it seems to be a bug with my Gigabyte VGA because with an older one I was able to set EFI compatible Rom and save and everything was OK.

So, any other suggestion. What to do? To sum up, it is impossible setting EFI compatible Rom without frezzing the system (it even restart)

I think the Gigabyte GV-R787OC-2GD does not have a functional GOP driver as they say.

EDIT by Fernando: Quoted text corrected

@ cybersm:

It seems possible for me, that it is your discrete graphics card, which prevents a proper boot in EFI mode.
You can easily verify it by removing the graphics card and using the Intel iGPU.

I found this topic: http://www.overclock.net/t/1389206/do-yo…it-to-your-bios
and it is the Gigabyte card. I flashed with one bios from a database they created, picked up a bios of my card and flashed. After I turned to EFI compatible Rom and guess…everything worked out. The PC saved bios and the system reboot as normal with the new sets to UEFI.

Go to page 16 and download their collection or ask them to mod or learn how to.

They say:

“I’ve found something really interesting: TechPowerUp doesn’t list all VBIOSes they receive. 2 weeks ago, I’ve bruteforced their GPU database (ok, it sounds more dramatical, than it actually is… I’ve simply tried out URLs, ranging from BIOS 100000 to 140000 with increments of +1 - which took about 12 hours) and found many unpublished VBIOSes, including PowerColor UEFI GOP VBIOSes, FireGL cards and some other, bleeding edge VBIOS versions. You can download the VGA Collection here (over 7500 VBIOSes, ranging from Nvidia GTX5XX and AMD HD5XXX to latest. 25MB 7zipped and ~660MB unpacked): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B29z6-xP…dit?usp=sharing. Also, I’ve searched all the files for strings and included 2 textfiles:

First one: all VBIOSes, which include the strings EFI and GOP:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Second: all VBIOSes, which include the strings UEFI - which are all UEFI Ready marketed cards, like those from Club3D, VTX3D and of course PowerColor.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to hide)”