Asus Rampage 2 Extreme AHCI

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum and I take this opportunity to greet everyone.

I want to change the bios AMI 2101 of the Asus Rampage 2 Extreme updating sata raid ahci Orom and JMicron.

Currently the version that I climb is the Intel (R) RAID for SATA - v8.0.0.1038.
Which version do I update it to the max?

I thought the 8086-2822_v11601702.bin but I do not know if it’s okay with this motherboard.

I plugged in a sata 2 SSD Corsair Force GT 120GB, and three other mechanical hard drives.

What do you advise me to do?

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my English.

@ bransk:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Now to your question:
As you can see >here< within the BIOS modding success/failure report table, your ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme probably will not allow to insert any of the newest Intel RAID ROM modules, which have a size of ca. 120 KB, because there is not enough place within the BIOS file of your X58 chipset mainboard.
Due to the limited space within the BIOS of your mainboard I recommend to update the actual Intel RAID ROM from MSM v8.0.0.1038 to RST v10.1.0.1008. This will be the best possible basis for the use of the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.

Another option: Ask the ASUS support for an updated BIOS with enhanced space for PCI ROM modules. If you are lucky and get it, you can insert a more actual Intel RAID ROM. The v11.2.0.1527 may be even better for your ICH10R SATA Controller than the v11.6.0.1702.

Good luck!
Fernando

Thanks for the advice! I have updated the ROM to the version you suggested.

I used "64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" as drivers.
The performance seems the same but I still have to format windows.

What do you recommend RST driver for my motherboard and ssd?

Thank you again!

Since your X58 board has an ICH10R Southbridge, you can use the WHQL version of that driver as well.

The RST driver v11.2.0.1006 probably will be the best choice for your system.

Thank you for your help. I am using the latest drivers 11.7.4.1001 no major differences in performance.