Dell Optiplex 5040 bios bin extraction help

hello i manage to extract hdr file in exe bios file but i cant find bios bin file in hdr files,can some one extract bin file for me to flash with my ch341a programmer…many thanks
…link to the bios exe and hdr file and dump,chip is GD25B128CSIG
…flashrom dump using -c GD25Q128C

https://yadi.sk/d/nU-WUQ7IY3j0GA

@ride_bmx_mhell - often Dell board have two BIOS, please check your motherboard closely, and dump both chips and send to me, then I can make you BIOS to put back onto both with programmer. If you are sure it’s only one BIOS chip on the board OK

We have this thread, with tools to extract Dell HDR, but you can’t just write BIOS region from HDR to board, you must build BIOS from dump or you will loose board specific details. And BIOS region from HDR is not complete BIOS anyway, only 9MB, so you can’t write to chip with programmer as-is
How to extract contents of this Dell BIOS package?

If you still want HDR extracted and can’t find the tool in that thread let me know, it’s made by plutomaniac, it’s there I just don’t know what page it’s on, but I have it and extracted your HDR already. Building you BIOS now from your dump, please wait.

* Edit - Here, this first one has most info (board specific details) from your dump, but there is a questionable inserted file in this BIOS, may be corrupted info I could not be 100% sure.
Even though it’s questionable, test it first just in case it only “looked” questionable to me >> Questionable.bin
Then this one, have both your NVRAM volumes from original dump, but not the module above file has >> NVR.BIN
Then this one, stock BIOS region only replaced, this does not have any of your board specific info except LAN MAC ID (Missing NVRAM volumes x2, questionable module from first BIOS above, that contains a PPID) >> StockRGN.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…155384535674225

All have updated GbE module from the latest HDR with MAC reinserted, all have cleaned and updated/settings transferred ME from the HDR (Settings transferred from dump to new ME FW)
And, for your convenience I also included the HDR extracted

thank you for replying,yes i check it and it has only one bios chip,i tried plutomaniac said and pfsextractor gave me a bunch of files,from here i lost where to find .bin files…thank you for creating .bin file,but my brother in law took the unit away to his home town so i can not test it right now but when he get back i will test it again…by the way i found a same board with same chip but it has different info so i will save this file you created then test again when i had the unit back…once again many thanks (;

i forgot to mention that the dump is a corrupted dump of the chip
,and yes your right it is a corrupted dump because i want to extract bios info tag,mac,etc first before i flash a new .bin file but i lost how to get .bin after pfsextractor gave me a bunch of files…i tried writeromfile,writehdrfile but no luck…so i post here,also i already tried what i saw in youtube editing via hex but when i reflash it to the motherboard it wont boot up correctly…anyway i already told my brother in law to bring back the unit so i can test your .bin files…thanks again for helping

@ride_bmx_mhell - You’re welcome! Same board with same chip, info will always be a little different, especially depending on what tools you are comparing BIOS with.

Corrupted dump is fine, and I knew it was corrupted, that’s why we fixed it to begin with Not all of the file was corrupted, only certain regions or modules etc.
And, since I didn’t have a non-corrupted dump to compare with, that is why that one BIOS I mentioned had a possibly corrupted module put back in, I was not sure if it should look that way or not, so as test in one BIOS this is included.
If you want to send me dump from the other non-corrupted system, or even if that one is corrupted too it’s unlikely to be corrupted in same way, I can check right now and see if the module I was unsure about looks same in your other system dump too or not. Then I can tell you now if you need to test that Questionable.bin or to go ahead and skip trying it

Once all is done and you are back running, if we end up having to make you other BIOS than I did above, and remove NVRAM volumes, I can send you Dell tools to manually put back in the serial and Asset tags outside of a BIOS mod situation.