[OFFER] Gigabyte GA-Z87-MX-D3H updated BIOS vF7 : NVMe mod, EFI, & microcode 27

@Dmitro as requested

Gigabyte GA-Z87-MX-D3H updated BIOS version F7:

EFI IRST RAID for SATA 12.7.0.1936 ----> 14.8.2.2398
EFI GOP Driver Haswell 5.0.1036 ----> 5.5.1034
EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI - 0.0.23
OROM Intel Boot Agent CL - 0.1.14

Z87_MX_D3H_F7_EFI_OROM_mod.png

CPU microcode 19 ----> 27 (latest Spectre/Meltdown microcode updates)

Z87_MX_D3H_F7_microcode_mod.png

NVMe functionality via ------> NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs inserted after CSMCORE for this Aptio IV UEFI/BIOS via
[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Results in very stable and reliable NVMe boot drive and system for “ancient” Gigabyte GA-Z87-MX-D3H mobo; BIOS version F7 mobo sporting an Aptio 4 BIOS/UEFI; which should now run like a top on the latest Windows 10.

Use BIOS Q-Flash method, see page 89-91 of your manual.

Remember to create, via Rufus, a DOS FAT32 bootable USB and flash the unzipped file.
(see Fernando’s instructions)

Cheers and enjoy

Win-RAIDers the cutting edge of bios modding!

Jolly Roger.png

Z87MXD3H.zip (5.84 MB)

@hancor Thanks a lot for your efforts!!!
I had installed SSD PCI-EXPRESS 512GB GIGABYTE (GP-ASACNE2512GTTDR) and hoped that it can support some old motherboard as mine. But when I installed Windows10 from usb flash disk my ssd wasn’t boot. So I asked for the help…
I have updated my bios (GA-Z87-MX-D3H) to the mod with NVMe feature(using BIOS Q-Flash). After bios restart the ssd booted so quick that I even did not understand what happens and already thought that kill my bios :). But after several seconds windows displays next install screen.
I completed Windows install without any issue. I have tested the ssd in PCIe 3.0 x16(x16) socket and PCIe 3.0 x16(x8) and in result leave it in PCIe 3.0 x16(x8) as it shows highest speed here.

Not sure why but initially the max speed was 3105 MB/s read and 1132 MB/s write. The write speed was twice lower than expected. But when I installed the ssd back to PCIe 3.0 x16(x8) socket, write max speed is 2000 MB/s.
Also watched some 4K videos run several tests without an issue. The mod is FINE!

From SSD specification:
max read 3480Mb/s
max write 2100Mb/s