[HELP] The unsettling bios from an inexperienced manufacturer

Hello.
I have bought a laptop 2 years ago and only got problems with it.
I contacted the manufacturer many times and they will not release any bios update or fix the problem.
So let’s not help them and keep the fixed bios private, so they can’t use it to fix their next "not supported" laptops.

This Laptop uses an INTEL 7Y30 and an IGPU HD615, and the screen is a Panasonic MEI96A2.

EDIT : THIS PROBLEM IS FIXED !

TODO LIST :
- Unlock HPET (it’s not visible in my BIOS). Can I do it in AMIBCP5 ? or should I do this too ?
- Unlock "Disable SKYCAM" to disable the webcam. Is this setting the webcam ?
- Have the lowest DPC and ISR latency (do you know how to mod the bios to achieve this)

DONE :
- Make new default settings. = DONE ! (with AMIBCP5)
- Find a way to EDIT the UEFI Drivers = DONE ! (thanks to SoniX)
- Fix the laptop Graphic output in UEFI mode to support the correct Refresh Rate. = DONE !
- Disable/Neutralize Intel ME (with me_cleaner) Intel ME Backdoor = DONE ! Need to flash and test

2017_BIOS.zip (4.14 MB)

2018_BIOS.zip (4.14 MB)

@vigan1 - So All fixed then? If yes, please send me your final fixed BIOS, if you don’t mind, so I will have copy to send privately to anyone that asks and needs it later - thanks!
ALLDOCUBE i35

Thank you.
Panel Recognized but refresh rate and timings not fixed, it work at 60Hz but it’s locked at 60Hz I cannot change the refresh rate. Like in 2017 bios it was 60hz but I could change the refresh rate. I also set the max refresh rate to 85Hz but I still can’t change the refresh rate. In the edid I have now is range [Vertical Freq: 60 - 60 Hz (Monitor: 60 - 60 Hz)] before it was [Vertical Freq: 52 - 52 Hz (Monitor: 52 - 52 Hz)], in 2017 I could see [Vertical Freq: 42 - 85 Hz (Monitor: 42 - 85 Hz)].

I will flash the 2017 bios and see what the ranges are and add edid timmings info in the BIOS. When I receive the flasher.

I said Fixed because I don’t need help anymore, SoniX helped me understand how to change the settings.
But it’s not really 100% fixed, I just said that so that new readers of the post concentrate on HPET, Webcam and Intel ME and other problems.

I am waiting for CH341a flasher, to change settings in iBMP, I am pretty sure I will find the problem.
I will also send you the file without intel ME if it works, I will wait for the flasher because removing ME seems less stable than iBMP mods. I am scared to try because I read a lot of report on bricks and loss of functionalities without ME (no wifi, laptop turn off after 31minutes due to ME security check…)

I found a way to enable HPET and other setting I need to check USER and "Show : YES" in AMBCP.

Thank you for looking at the bios Lost_N_BIOS you where the reason I came to this forum.
Do you know how I could have the lowest latency with bios mods ?

You marked refresh rate done above? 60Hz sounds correct, very rare for panel rate to be above 60hz, 85-120+ is OC panels. Does not matter what you could see or set in 2017 BIOS, that was bad BIOS anyway, so why do you care about that?
Refresh rate isn’t something you want a “range” on anyway, unless it’s an expensive OC panel, even then not ideal to have a range.

What about HPET, webcam, and ME? I can fix ME for you, and make HPET visible etc, not sure what you need about webcam
Ohh yes, if your ME FW is corrupt now, and you do not have unlocked FD via it was already unlocked, or you did pinmod to unlock, then you will need flash programmer to fix ME FW.
“Skycam” is in all BIOS, I do not think this is the webcam for most devices, generally it’s nothing you address in the BIOS. But, if you find it actually is related in this BIOS, just disable all that in AMIBCP. I see “SkyCam CIO2 Device” = disabled anyway as soon as you load optimized
Really, if you want to disable the webcam, uninstall the software, and or drivers for it and problem solved

You’re welcome, sorry I didn’t get to really help though . Latency, and BIOS, sounds unrelated, unless you mean memory latency… What kind of latency are you talking about, latency in what?

Hi guys I give up with the display !!
I can set the refresh to 60Hz.
I understand why they locked the display at 52Hz !
It’s because the battery (or power delivery on the motherboard is not stiff enough) to support 60Hz refresh rate.
Or some of the panels (are defective) flicker and turn on/off when the refresh rate is above a certain threshold !!!
They have settled for 52Hz to be the max to operate without flicker on all defective laptops… I am so mad !

I just had a flicker with the 2018 like with the old 2017 bios, because my panel is set at 60Hz now (like before when I had the 2017bios).
That is why techtablets reviewer laptop on youtube; don’t flicker even with the 2017 bios.
(As we can see here, he has the 2017 bios, and no flicker. The device was cherry picked for the review ? https://youtu.be/w2rX9KgLqbc?t=779 ).

I had one flicker, 2 day ago just after flashing the bios (like 2 minutes after booting Win10), but I taught it was the panel setting itself to 60Hz.

Sky cam is not the webcam ??? How can I disable the webcam in the bios ???
I wanted to disable in bios so a hacker can’t use it.

By latency I mean DPC Latency, not memeory latency. But it’s not critical I was just asking.
Anyway Thank you guys.

EDIT : https://flickergate.com/
It happened to the surface pro range too, this website says :

It seems it’a a hardware problem, bios mods will not fix the problem… Sorry for making you lose your time !

@vigan1 - Yes, that would make sense, what you suspect about the 52Hz and flicker etc. So it still flickers for you now with the fixed BIOS and 60Hz?
As mentioned, SkyCam may or may not be related to webcam, this is in all BIOS. As I said, disable it all in there with AMIBCP and test if you can then use webcam or not.
If you still can, remove the driver and software, this would be the normal way it works or not (usually, does not work, if no driver/software installed)
If there is no software or drivers, then hacker cannot find/use it. If you’re being hacked, you have much more to worry about Put black tape over cam lens

DPC latency can be related to ANY HUGE Number of things, drivers, software, hardware etc. This is not a BIOS setting kind of thing, nor is there any best BIOS settings to try changing to help
Besides OS, software, and drivers, you can test with speedstep, C1E, and EIST enabled/disabled, see if any of those help either way or not.
Other than that, clean install OS, then test, and then test before/after each software/driver item you install, until you find what causes higher lags (audio and graphics drivers can often do that)

Microsoft Surface tablets and the issue has nothing to do with this system, unless this is a rebranded surface tablet?

Hi. My laptop uses the same screen as the surface, that is why I looked into the surface.
Windows update install “SurfaceDisplay.inf” when I do an update.
Techtablets has the 2017 60Hz BIOS and no flicker. Me I need to use the 52Hz bios, my panel is defective I guess.
I will try to push it to 55 56 58… until I find the sweet spot with my panel.

If I want to unlock HPET in AMIBCP :
In my BIOS I have “Access Level = Administrator” in the 1st tab (MAIN)
Do I need to set “HPET” to (Extended user) or (USER) or (Supervisor) in AMI ?

Thank you.

EDIT : On the net it seems I have to choose Supervisor.
EDIT : You were right Skycam is not the webcam, webcams are most of the time on the USB2 hub, I can’t find a way to disable it in the bios.

Yes, but Surface probably uses “A” LCD’s, so it’s surprising to see they have similar issues, must be a bad batch or model of LCD then!
Yes, sounds like some panels may be OK, and some may be bad, and you may have bad one Or, it may also have some to do with panel driver (on the motherboard I mean, power to it, stability of freq etc)
I’d leave it at 52, you wont see any major or noticeable difference between 52 and 60Hz anyway

IF HPET is not suppressed in Setup PE32 module, then you would use Supervisor for Access Level.
Webcam is disabled until you install driver and or software in OS, otherwise it can’t be turned on even by a hacker Unless they push the correct driver install, reboot system, and then regain access