ASUS N751JK - Update release/date build

Hello. Need help. I searched the forum, but I got lost among the endless articles regarding my problem.
I need to update the BIOS / UEFI firmware assembly, or somehow downgrade my firmware version, since I have already updated to a new version.

The background is as follows:
My ASUS N751JK laptop (Intel Core i-7 4710HQ) has an M.2 PCI-E 2.0 slot. Also, my laptop model has 2 sata slots (1 128 GB SSD and 1 TB hard drive installed) + mini sata (with a disk drive installed).

I decided to add my SSD to this slot and move my Windows 10 there. Which I actually did. Having bought a suitable (more or less) model of an SSD card (Apacer AS2280P4 256GB (SSD Silicon Motion SM2263 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe v1.3 controller)). Since Windows saw my card and made me work with it, I successfully did everything I wanted, and it was the transfer of my Windows 10 from the sata M.2 SSD solid-state SSD - success.

But … I found that the UEFI / BIOS does not see the SSD card and does not allow it to boot from it.
While looking for solutions on the Internet, I clarified that my laptop does not support NVME, and UEFI / BIOS does not want to interact with it.
In general, in search of a solution to the problem, I found 2 workarounds for myself:
1st is to load the CLOVER bootloader which has the appropriate driver to support NVME SSD M.2;
2nd is to flash your UEFI / BIOS by adding the ability to boot from M.2 SSD.

For myself, I decided to start with the 2nd method, since this is a durable solution to the problem that has arisen. In addition, the decision is 100% correct, the main thing is not to make a mistake so as not to ruin your laptop. The risk I’m willing to take.

In the process of studying the issue, I already managed to update my UEFI / BIOS to the current version (as it turned out in vain …).
And when I found the instructions for the necessary utilities to edit the firmware for my UEFI / BIOS, I realized that the UEFI / BIOS in the process refuses to update to the same firmware version that is already installed.

As a result, there is a ready-made firmware, but I don’t know how to cram it.

I ask for help, hints

newN751JKAS.zip (2.35 MB)

I figured it out. I used afudos with a bootable media with msdos on board (I made a backup of my BIOS and then edited it through mttool aptio, adding support for nvme and downloaded it back instead).

The topic can be closed.

Hello. I hope you’re still active on this forum.
I own this exact ASUS model, and I’ve updated my bios with one found on a russian forum.
Since then, it’s been running with some problems (mostly BSOD), but I can boot from my SSD and work with windows 10.
I wanted to give your modded bios a try, but AFUWIN keeps telling me that the ROM file size does not match the existing BIOS size.
Could you please help me here ? I’d really like te get rid of those BSOD !
Thank you.

Hi timpsons, I own similar ASUS N751JK model with the variance of Intel i7 4720HQ. Further info from CPU-Z is attached. Do you mind sharing stepwise of your solution?
For dummy proof instruction, if that’s possible.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

IRHAFEEZ_ASUS_N751JK.txt (73.7 KB)

Hello guys, I have the same model and I am insterested to learn how to modify succesfully the BIOS το recognize the nvme drive as bootable.

If someone knows the right way, please share it to us…

Thank you.