[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53, BIOS 1.08.

Would you be so kind and help me unlock the advanced menus on my BIOS? :slight_smile:

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53, BIOS version 1.08.

I’ve removed the flash protection myself already.

FPTw BIOS dump: removed

Edit: Mod no longer needed. I’ve made all the changes I needed using H2OUVE. :slight_smile:

Bumpy bump =^_^=

please update bios to the latest v1.08 first (dated 2020/12/16)

Updated to v1.08!
Here’s my dump using FTPw -bios -d
https://mega.nz/file/AhNQnLxJ#HbkxrqaKC1…_Vqv6v63FGgGWGM

Updated to v1.08!

How did you take the bios dump?

Updated to v1.08!

Using the FTPW.exe tool from the Intel CSME System Tools v14.0.20+ r11 package. Why do you ask?

Updated to v1.08!

Using the FTPW.exe tool from the Intel CSME System Tools v14.0.20+ r11 package. Why do you ask?

Thanks a lot. Because I have been trying to find a way other than using SPI Programmer to get the BIOS dump but no answers in the Internet for this model.

Please help me unlock the advanced menus on my BIOS :slight_smile:

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53, BIOS version 1.08.

FPTw BIOS dump: https://mega.nz/folder/nUZ1mCyJ#aSci7JDETEje2ImxFjoZ1Q

Hello Mods, I can pay for the modders time but really need to open up the advance menus for my laptop. Thanks.

Have you gotten any help privately or are you still looking for a mod like me?

How much have you researched into doing it yourself? I have read a ton of stuff and even tried modding it myself. Luckily I haven’t bricked my BIOS so far, but I haven’t had any luck with exposing the advanced menu either. :frowning:

I’ve located all the tabs in the SetupUtility EFI, but none of these Form Sets are actually used. I suspect that this is because we have a "Modern GUI" and not the text based UI like older systems.
IDA screenshot with Form Sets

There is one additional Form Set which isn’t in the picture and I think this is the one used to build the GUI menus we have (since most of the options seems to match what I can see). >>> 0x1118D8 Form Set: AHCI [5204F764-DF25-48A2-B337-9EC122B85E0D]

@olkihew

check your pm

@Phaax

the bios file size should be 16mb

What’s the proper command line for dumping it then? Without -bios?

FPTW.exe -d
This one is 16 MB. :slight_smile:
Link removed

@Phaax

check your pm

It doesn’t seem to work. :confused:

Flashing using command fptw.exe -bios -f unlocked.bin works, but no advanced menu.

Flashing using command fptw.exe -f unlocked.bin

I’ve been unsuccessful with enabling Me FW Image Re-Flash. The variable doesn’t seem to want to be saved. :frowning:

@Phaax what did you expect? :slight_smile:
well, he could not steal the program code of this mod

@Black_Raven What are you talking about?

Edit: After a few private messages back and forth with Black Raven it has become clear that the person is only interested in money and have no desire whatsoever to share any knowledge of how this BIOS can be modded. (And on top of that… the price I offered wasn’t enough apparently.)

I’m still looking for someone who wants to help me figure out how to enable the advanced menus. Any help is appreciated.
If you KNOW how to unlock the advanced menus on this BIOS and want to help me I’d gladly donate some money.

Hi all,

Has someone managed to unlock the advanced menu in the bios of PH315-53 ?

I cannot see the real speed of my ram memory modules which has to be 3200MHz, not only 2933MHz.

My bios version is 1.09

Thank you!

The max RAM speed with an Intel 10750h is 2933 MHz. You’re not gonna get any more than that.