[TIP] Modded & signed Intel Smart Connect Technology Drivers v1.1.0.0

As I have already mentioned >here<, Intel had recently released an Intel Smart Connect Technology (ISCT) driverpack v5.0.10.2936 WHQL, which contains the latest ISCT drivers v1.1.0, but with faulty *.INF file entries:

1. Due to a wrong designation of the OS architecture (“NTx86” instead of “NTamd64”) the 64bit driver cannot be manually installed, not even by using the “Have Disk” option.
  2. The entered driver version (1.0.11) is wrong, the correct driver version is v1.1.0.0.
  3. The entered driver date (10/31/2013) is wrong, the correct date would be 10/03/2014.

Here is a screenshot with the related lines of the original file named ISCTD.inf file:

wrong ISCTD.inf file entries.png

Since these faulty Intel Smart Connect Technology drivers are the latest and probably best, I have modded them by correcting the related INF file entries.

Here are the download links:

• Intel Smart Connect Technology drivers (driver signature refreshed at 10/28/2015):
    1. To benefit from the driver’s digital signature I recommend to import the related Certificate (has only to be done once!) before trying to install the driver according to the guide you can find within the start post of >this< thread.
    2. Contrary to the original drivers these modded ones can be installed manually from within the Device Manager (even the 64bit variant). Furthermore the Device Manager will show the correct version (v1.1.0.0) and the correct date of their compilation (10/03/2014). Supported are all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
    3. Since these drivers have been digitally signed by me at 10/28/2015, they can be installed the normal way (no forcing by using the “Have Disk” option and no disabling of the “Driver Signature Enforceent” required).

By the way: These modded drivers are running fine with my Z97 system!

Any feedback is much appreciated!

To make the installation of the modded 32/64bit Intel Smart Connect Technology drivers v1.1.0.0 easier for you, I have given them today a digital signature.

No matter what I do, I can’t get this driver to show as signed. I’ve manually put the certificate in user and local under Trusted Root, Trusted Publishers, and even the Registry physical folders for all 4. I even dropped the .cat and .sys files in the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\isctd.inf_amd64_e60e68c6ccaab239 directory so it shows up in the “let me pick” window. Of course, I’m running Win10 x64 10074 on a Asus P8Z77-WS.

The driver 1.0.8.0 dated 7/4/13 by Intel is there and the name is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\isctd64.sys

Help!

@ jimbob_sf:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

As long as I haven’t found a way how to get the digital signature valid for everyone you have to force the installation of the modded drivers by using the "Have Disk" button and maybe additionally to disable the "Driver Signature Enforcement" (only with Win8/8.1/10).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

The latest WHQL version is 5.0.10.2936 and could be found at Station-Drivers.
The driver version is 1.1.0.0 (ISCTD.sys). The .inf-File has the correct OS architecture but the driver version (1.0.11) is still wrong. It is possible to install the driver via Setup but this will also install some senseless extra software which one normally doesn’t need.

If Intel won’t update the driver for Windows 10 then i think this will be the last and final version of the driver. It would be great if you could fix the problems like you did before and post the latest driver for downloading.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@ zt3 and @ e.v.o:
Since our discussion about the digital signature of modded drivers is somehow off-topic, but very interesting, I will merge all related posts, which are until now within different threads, into a new one.

Done!

@ all:
You will find the new thread about the topic "Digital Signature for Modded Drivers" >here<.

Hello i have found these drivers on station-drivers.com (1.1.0.0 but show as 1.0.11) unmodded original and they install fine with device manager without being changed automatically to previous 1.0.8.0 version.
Others 1.0.11 packs on station-drivers dont install on top of 1.0.8.0 only this one i found.

Intel Smart Connect Technology 1.1.0.0.rar (29.1 KB)

@ektorasdj :
Thanks for your contribution and for the linked driver.
Just to avoid any confusion:
1. Your attached driver will only work with a 64bit Windows OS.
2. The code of the driver itself (ISCTD.sys) is absolutely idententical with the 64bit driver, which I am offering within the start post of this thread.

I write it there because the version 1.0.11 exist only to provide a fix in windows 7 machines and it is not secure boot compatible in windows 10.
For windows 8-8.1-10 the last is the 1.08.
The difference can be shown easy from inf. the 1.0.11 is for windows 7.
the 1.08 inf has in it win7-8-8.1

Also u can see it form certificates.
The only certificate that is compatible in windows 10 for secure boot is the one that provided with 1.08 version.

1.jpg