[Request] Gigabyte G5 KC Bios Unlock/ Mod

I need your help. I have the problem that my gigabyte is constantly getting too hot. Undervolt does not work because the CPU is locked. So I need a BIOS that is adjustable and open.

I thank you in advance for the help.
thanks

1 Like

Hello. I can give you an unlocked BIOS with access to CPU voltage management, but I need you to make a BIOS backup.

Hello Sweet Kitten,thanks for your help.
I have the files compressed.

results20.rar (67.4 KB)

x64_All_regions_14.0.36.1158.part1.rar (5 MB)

x64_All_regions_14.0.36.1158.part2.rar (1.53 MB)

x64_bios-region_14.0.36.1158.rar (4.62 MB)

RE.rar (46.2 KB)

BIOS mod for you, @CCM4002000
Run FLASH.bat to install it. To adjust CPU voltage settings after flashing my mod, you need to switch β€œShow CPU Voltage item” to β€œEnabled” under Advanced - Configure Gigabyte Setup Items.

Thank you very much Sweet Kitten. That looks awesome and work fine. Now i can many Option See and control this.

Hi @Sweet_Kitten , can you also do it for me? Thank you very much in advance.

results20.part1.rar (5 MB)

results20.part2.rar (5 MB)

results20.part3.rar (1.23 MB)

@KynesLiet , hi! Run FLASH.bat to install your modded BIOS.

Thank you so much! I am incredibly grateful for the help. It works perfectly and many options that are hidden by default are unlocked.

1 Like

Hi Sweet Kitten could you do this for me?
Rename please:
x64_All_regions_14.0.36.1158.zip.001
x64_All_regions_14.0.36.1158.zip.002

RE.rar (46 KB)

x64_All_regions_14.0.36.1158.01.zip (5 MB)

x64_All_regions_14.0.36.1158.02.zip (1.7 MB)

x64_bios-region_14.0.36.1158.bin.zip (4.75 MB)

Hi! DOWNLOAD.
You know what to do.

So THX for all. But I have some problems. My laptop is bricked now :frowning: I have changed CORE Voltage from Adaptive to Override -90mV and laptop stop booting and show nothing on the screen.
If I turn it ON i have black screen only and after few second/minutes it restarts.
How can I reflash to original bios and try again to unlock undervolting again?
Could anybody help me with this?
Chip:
mxic
mx25l12873f
m2i-10g
5E251200
L194859

Try opening the laptop, taking out the main battery and disconnecting the little button battery for something like 10-15 minutes, that should clear the EEPROM settings and set them back to default.
And next time you should use a tool like throttlestop to edit the core voltage on the SO, so that the worst thing that can happen is a crash and not a bootloop.

@Sweet_Kitten , could you do an edited BIOS with the memory timings and frequency settings enabled? Or if you tell me which UEFI variables should i set to make that menu visible it would be great.

Thanks a lot!

I’m afraid it can’t be done this way.

I need your BIOS dump.

@Sweet_Kitten
Here it is (take out the space, i cannot put links) w ww.sendspace.com/file/0uk0in

I was pretty afraid of running a random executable that virustotal flags as a virus for like 1/3rd of the engines but guess it is a false positive as it tends to happen with bios-related tools.

@Guzmanus
Run FLASH.bat to install your modded BIOS. Memory settings will be in Advanced - Memory Configuration and Advanced - OC Perf Menu - Memory.

Works great, thanks a lot!!!

Hello. I would also like to get a bios mod to be able to change the vcore.

Hi,
I would love if you could do the same for me so I can undervolt my CPU. Its my first time flashing a BIOS so if there is anything special to keep in mind doing it this way please let me know.
I already did run the backup tool. The link to download is in the title of this post cause I could not put it in here.
Thank you in advance!

@RaidZero
Hello. I need you to make a BIOS backup.

@szr16
Hi! Your BIOS mod. Run FLASH.bat to install it.

Hello kind Sir

Can you help me with my bios so i can undervolt my CPU on this laptop because the temps are terrible.
Thank you very much!!

results20.part1.rar (6 MB)

results20.part2.rar (6 MB)

results20.part3.rar (5.76 MB)