[Request] Asus x79-Deluxe with CPU ratio and TPM adjust problems

I apologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong section. I think some of the stuff I am looking for can be addressed in the BIOS, but I’m not entirely sure.

The hardware:
Asus x79-Deluxe | Motherboard
SuperMicro AOM-TPM-9665V-C | TPM1.2 & TPM2.0 Module
Intel BlackOps 6 Core 4.6ghz/5ghz Turbo | QS CPU

The CPU signature listed in the BIOS is: 306e4
The current microcode patch is: 416

I have 2 independent problems I’m trying to solve.

• Problem #1:
    The BIOS sees the CPU as 4000mhz max and caps the ratio at 46. It also seems to try and maintain 170watts(when it should be able to do ~250+), but I’m not sure if that is correlation or causation. When booted, all core CPU load causes every core to drop to 3901mhz. Idling/Single core load will bounce around ~3900-4300mhz.

Is there a way to modify the BIOS to see the CPU as 5ghz or at least something higher than 4ghz?
    Is there a way to remove the 46 ratio cap?
  • Problem #2:
    The TPM works perfectly with the newest TPM1.2 firmware, but if I upgrade it to TPM2.0 the motherboard doesn’t fully activate it and the OS no longer sees it. Is there a way to add TPM2.0 support?

• Let me know if you need any more information or have any good ideas.

ALSO, I’m keenly aware that CPU behavior is likely because there isn’t proper microcode(or something similar) for this exact CPU, as it is a QS model, and it is likely using specs for whatever chip it was based off of. I was hoping maybe someone might have some ideas for clever workarounds. I’m really only doing this to experiment and have a little bit of tinkering fun. Please don’t waste posts lecturing me on why ES and QS chips aren’t smart to have/use.

Also, also, I can confirm the 4.6 to 5.0ghz capability of this chip as I was able to push it that far on some of those Frankenstein Chinese motherboards, but those motherboards ended up getting toasted in other projects and I was hoping to use a proper motherboard again.

Edit by Fernando: Thread title customized/shortened and start post slightly re-formatted

I’m not against putting in the work myself and trying a few things, but I really need someone to at least point me in the right direction here. (or a least tell me it is not possible)

Nothing within the normal BIOS options will allow me to affect the frequency behavior of the CPU, upwards. I can only seem to slow it down or turn on and off features/cores.

So, no one has any clue?

Interesting! Have the same motherboard and following your post, although I don’t have an answer for you.
    Checked to “Black Ops” video that Linus did.

Currently running 3930k@4423mhz (126x35)

CPU.jpg

But maybe opting for a new CPU, 1680v2 or "Black Ops" so hoping for an answer in this forum!

Wishing you good luck :slight_smile:

hi ,
    this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HzDN6A9…g-KV8soeR9/view,
    from this post [Request] ASUS X79-Deluxe NVMe and Bifurcation Mod (15)

has the latest cpu microcode from this you can test it with your black ops

maybe @Lost_N_BIOS can help

I am here with you on your Problem Number 2. I made an inquiry about the same thing in the past, but it went un-noticed. As I am not adept as you are in the bios mods and such, I may not have worded my inquiry as accurately as you have. It seems to me the answer is within the bios to allow the TPM 2.0. Once done, that should make running windows 11 more possible.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome, including where on the vast Win-Raid website I should go if necessary.

Clarence

Lost as been away since January, TPM2.0 features (like the ones in 100 Series up) requires a deep change within bios core.
    Still hadn’t seen any mod or similar for it is asked, regarding TPM2.0/PPT conversion/add in older than 100 Series chipsets, also Intel ME FW has as role on this.
    It is now officially by MS the bypass of TPM1.2 (Not 2.0/PPT), but still it will always be necessary, by now, to bypass CPU, so its all the same.

Past week a got a non-public version of an H97 bios shared by a user, that was sent by Gigabyte upon a request to change to TPM2.0 his bios, he got and i looked at it.
    A lot of variables/strings were added, there was no swapping (TPM1.2 still in core bios).

-So the purchase of a TPM2.0 module to a motherboard with TPM1.2 on bios, is a waste af money, as this wont work until a valid bios update with TPM2.0 specs update.

Let’s write Kevin Glynn at the Throttlestop forum if he can make custom TS for your CPU.
    If yes you could OC with this App no problem.
    If not, you can probably write CPU registers on your own.
    Dan

I’m on the same Problem Number 2 with my MSI 970A-G43 PLUS motherboard. TPM 1.2 connector with TPM 2.0 on it.
    BIOS see it, Windows not.
    I wrote to MSI, no answer.