Request: 32-bit Windows 7 and 32-bit Windows 10 drivers for Intel Wireless-AC 9650

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.
I’m setting up a new system that has the Intel Wireless-AC 9650 card. It works perfectly under 64-bit Windows 10, but I’m trying to triple-boot this system to 32-bit Windows 10 and 32-bit Windows 7. I can’t find 32-bit drivers for this card anywhere. Has anyone created them?

Many thanks for any help.

Edit by Fernando: Thread title corrected and shortened

I cannot find any information on this ‘9650’ card. Do you mean the 9560 card?

Also, can we get an admin to move this post to the ‘OS related Topics*’ tab?

*: EDIT: Other Drivers tab

Sorry! Yes, I did mean 9560. Apologies!

@emendelson
It is not as easy as you may think to make the code of a 64bit *.SYS file usable with a 32bit OS.
Do you really believe, that anyone among the Win-RAID Forum visitors will risk a Copyright lawsuit with the Company Intel just to do you a favour?
You should better ask Intel’s Technical Support for help.

Thank you for the clarification, Fernando!

@Fernando I did actually find the drivers eventually, and for @emendelson you can get it from Intel’s page;

right here.

@Aquavision : Try to install the 32bit driver you have found and report here, whether it works or not.

Emulating the 9560 card (VM) and installing the Intel driver seems to work, but I don’t have a 32-bit machine or a 9560 card in real life so I can’t properly test it

@Aquavision - Thank you for this research! Unfortunately, the drivers won’t install in a real 32-bit Windows 10 machine. The device ID of the AC-9650 card is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&CC_0280 The INF file in those drivers doesn’t include any of those identification strings - it seems to work only with older models.

I’m very grateful for the attempt. I suppose my next job is trying to modify by hand the INF and CAT files to see if they can be made to work with the card. If I succeed, I’ll report back here.

PS I’ve corrected the numbers in the title of my posts here, for what that’s worth (not much).

@emendelson @Aquavision
If the driver itself (= the *.SYS file) supports the related device, but the related DeviceID is missing within the *.INF file, you may be able to get it installed and properly working by using the "Let me pick…" option, hitting the "Have Disk" button, navigating to the driver folder and choosing the best matching *.INF file. The warning message, that the driver may not work, can be ignored, if you have set a "Restore Point" before.

I’ll be honest, I have a bazillion years of spare time and I could probably mod the drivers to work, but I have no idea how to mod drivers (if anybody knows how then drop me a PM)

and for @emendelson you should do what @Fernando said to see if you can install them

@Aquavision and @Fernando - I tried the update method you suggested, with the Windows 7, 8, and 10 versions of the 32-bit drivers, and chose from the list the card with the highest number, and also a few others. Each time, I got the message that the driver cannot start.

Many thanks again for your efforts with this!

@emendelson

If you get such message, the driver itself (= the *.SYS file) doesn’t support the related device.
In this case a modification of the *.INF file wouldn’t help, the hex code of the *.SYS file has to be customized, but such procedure is very difficult.

@Fernando - Understood! And thank you again for making this clear.

I’m afraid by going with Intel’s specs of the 9560 adapter, it only supports 64bit Windows 10/Windows 11 and possibly 64bit only editions of Linux & Chrome OSes.

the chances of getting this 9560 adapter to work on a 32bit OS is pretty much close to 0% as no specific 32bit/x86 driver was made for it

Thank you, @erpster5z. I was hoping for something different, but it doesn’t seem possible.