Mail: No cleartext password / Wiki

Hi,
as first thread and first post i would say thanks to Fernando and everyone who is contributing here! I really love bios modding/hacking and this is one of the best Forums out there.

Wirklich geiles Forum und geile Arbeit die hier abgeliefert wird. :slight_smile:

As a request regarding “security” it would be great if the Password won’t get send in cleartext via mail after Registration is complete.

Second Suggestion:
How about a Wiki? I am thinking about a open wiki where everyone could contribute and a linked Topic in the Forum where one could discuss.
This has two main Advantages from My Point of view:
- most threads have real good info in them but they’re buried under a lot of entries
- it is only possible for one perrson to Change the first entry in a thread. so this Person has all the work if there are updates…

@ e.v.o:
Welcomeat Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your suggestions!

Ok, this is not the safest way, especially if more than 1 person has access to an eMail account. On the other hand you should consider, that there are users, who have a lot of different passwords for various Forums and may not remember the one they had sent to this one.
Furthermore I cannot change the registration procedure, because all these things are determined by the hoster of this Forum and not by the Forum administration.

Yes, it would be possible to create a Wiki section, but before I do that, I would like to get a vote from more Forum the members.
My suggestion: Please start a new thread within this Sub-Forum with a topic like “Wiki @win-raid.com: Yes or No?” and ask for a feedback.

Enjoy the Forum!
Dieter (alias Fernando)