A88XM-A BIOS Flash fail-- help needed

New member here, looking for some advice on a failed BIOS flash.

The ASUS A88XM-A is one of the lower end motherboards offered by ASUS for the Kaveri APUs. In an attempt to ‘unlock’ some features in regards to overclocking, specifically ‘GPU Boost’ to allow for iGPU overclocking, I may have bricked the BIOS. The computer no longer displays anything onscreen, although the fans still run and wifi power led still blinks.

The things that were done to get to this step in the first place are as follows:

1. Fresh BIOS file downloaded from the ASUS website
2. File was opened with AMIBCP V4.53, 3 entries regarding GPU Boost, and some other entries regarding XMP were changed from ‘default’ to ‘USER’, and then saved.
3. Attempted to flash BIOS according to instructions in sticky,

"Using the ASUS AI Suite
Our Forum member Wishbringer reported, that he was able to successfully flash modded *.CAP BIOSes into the BIOS chip of several Intel 7-, 8- and 9-Series Chipset ASUS mainboards by doing the following:
Download AI-Suite (when not for Win10 available use Version for 8.1)
Start Easy Update for BIOS Update in Windows, select ORIGINAL file (then some timeconsuming checking seems to happen)
Before start flashing delete selected original file and replace with modded one (same name, same location).
Proceed with bios flash."

4. Once flashing completed, CPU usage pegged at 100%, mouse pointer laggy.
5. Shut computer down, could not manage to restart.

I own a cheap CH341A programmer which I wish to use to flash directly to the BIOS chip, however, I have run into a few problems, due to the fact that ASUS provides its BIOSes as .cap files, which I have heard are not able to be flashed directly, and also, I have no idea how to use the programmer due to the fact that I last used it years ago, and at that time, I was following device specific instructions which did not require me to actually learn the operation of the programmer.

Any help is appreciated, thank you everyone in advance!

Welp, managed to figure things out by myself, got both the stock and modded bioses booting.

However, while the new BIOS options for GPU boost are available, the settings don’t seem to do anything within Windows.

Would anyone know how to open up options to allow the motherboard to overclock the iGPU? Seems like a strange feature to omit in the BIOS given that the iGPU can be overclocked via software.