[Acer V3-571G] How to unlock this BIOS (Advanced settings menu)? version 2.21

Well, I’m glad to see your bios got sorted out… What settings did you get unlocked?

Insane amount of advanced options… I will demonstrate it with a slideshow once I open the modded BIOS release topic.

One last remark @Lost_N_BIOS ;

the only thing I am missing, ironically enough, is RAM voltage (and other advanced options like timing, etc). I can’t seem to find anything related in your list either. RAM frequency (memory clock) is available, though. The mod is already awesome, but if you could find a way to get also that working, it’d be even better.

EDIT: I missed this earlier;

yes I realized, others interested in this BIOS should understand that they will end up using their old video BIOS, as we only updated the ROM for 710M GF117 chipset variant. The other oroms are still loaded as original from V3-571G base model, and accomodate each model of that range like usual.
The point here is that we got no testers owning said models that can see if it works as expected (with a theoretical update) even when I would find updated ROMs for those GPU’s like I did for my 710M. I can look into doing that later in the release topic though; offer 2 flavours, one with all standard vBIOSes (except for the tested geforce 710m update) and others with all updated (need testing for submodels), or just wait for an user that has it and is willing to test while requesting it. I will actually try to host this and update it on demand in that topic, so more models can benefit from vBIOS update than just those that own submodel v3-571g-73636G50Makk)

However, when owners of other V3-571G models upgrade to the modded BIOS (like it is right now), even though automatically using their original vBIOS, they will still benefit from the advanced settings unlock and other BIOS firmware/dependency firmware carried out by you.

Successfully flashed in CRISIS MODE your Acer V3-571G-_2.21-Q5WV1221-UnlockUpdate_ModFinal.7z on my Acer Travelmate P253, works fine!

Acer Aspire E1-531 - G - E1- 571 - G - V3-571 - G - TM-P253-E - M - PB EN TE11HC - PB EN TV44HC - GWNE56R
All these laptops have same motherboard and same bios, so your updates are big improvements since last 2.21 official bios in 2014 !

There is one WARNING! Do not modify advanced VIDEO and UEFI - it will brick laptop, see other forums HELP posts…

Lost_N_BIOS, DvL - big five you for your good work, especially for 710m bios mod.

I’m interested, what video chips I can install instead 710m??? Can you list to me all bios video chips what are supported by your mod. Same is to CPUs. TNX

@Kurtisdede - sorry for the late reply (To all) I am not sure what you are asking me? If you want an unlocked BIOS, send me a dump of your BIOS region via FPT. Or, do you already know you can flash the stock BIOS modified using the stock package files?

@DvL - yes, sorry for my late reply too! I did not put anything in a list in regards to BIOS settings, I will check now about ram voltage, it may not be in your BIOS is why you don’t see it.
I only see memory frequency and nMode support (1T/2T), no voltage for anything. Yes, anyone using this BIOS will be updated for everything but the vBIOS unless they have same chip you do, GOP updates apply to all (Ivy/Sandy)

@klodfor -Thanks for your info and report back too! You can edit UEFI options, like secure boot or Legacy boot, other than that I have no idea what you mean when you say "UEFI Options"
However, you cannot switch graphics, like enable this one and disable that one etc, that will give you black screen… BIOS is not bricked here, just all display outputs are ran through the Intel chip before hitting outputs, so if you disable that then there is no display signal output.
Additionally, I did not add anything for video chip displays, we were only discussing what all vBIOS is contained in the stock BIOS. For that info, you can extract all these GUID’s and inspect each one in hex editor and you’ll see the chip ID for each, or look at them directly via hex with UEFITool NE
VBIOS in GUID C98F7B3B-12E8-4D07-8BDC-9581F9F8FE30
VBIOS in GUID 8DFAE5D4-B50E-4C10-96E6-F2C266CACBB6
VBIOS in GUID 03FE8ED3-D1CE-493A-8D41-6DFA21F7653E
VBIOS in GUID 03FE8ED3-D1CE-493A-8D41-6DFA21F7653F
VBIOS in GUID FC35AC23-BF58-4EF8-8B18-02AE5602BF57
VBIOS in GUID E35F0375-9A03-4892-9ADD-7D6D5CACCB10
VBIOS in GUID 03FE8ED3-D1CE-493A-8D41-6DFA21F7663F
VBIOS in GUID 03FE8ED3-D1CE-493A-8D41-6DFA21F76640
VBIOS in GUID 0DB5EA0F-D3F8-4F00-A27A-280F3E03189E

Oh, @Lost_N_BIOS , Thanks for the reply but I did open a thread about this later, which you’ve replied to several times and tried to help me. (it was about a sony computer called sve-1512q1e) Sadly it did not work. The bios had write protection on it and nothing worked. Thanks so much for trying to help and taking a lot of your time on it. I am no longer using that computer since about two weeks ago.

@Kurtisdede - sorry to hear! If you want to try again, link me to that thread, maybe I’ve learned how to make it possible now vs back then? Never mind, I found it, you didn’t reply back about PRR/PRR2 tool.
We can get that sorted still, if that tool fails, then you can use programmer and we can then do whatever you want.
Order a CH341A + SOIC8 Test clip with cable now, and before you forget about ordering it will arrive, price is cheap at slow shipping $7 total for both w/ 3-5 weeks shipping.
If you ordered one back in may it would have arrived long ago

please, who can help me
my laptop is acer travelmate 4750. it donot surport uefi, can someone help me to mod the bios? the bios file adress: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles…ACER&SC=CHINA_1

There is an easier way to update to UEFI in an Acer Aspire V3-571G BIOS from an v1.13 to a v2.21 UEFI, its very comprehensively explained here:

How to update to 2.x bios from 1.x bios (applicable for Acer\eMachines\Gateway\Packard Bell)

Link - https://catchtito.blogspot.com/2013/05/h…386653974001456

I have included the above links content below, for your information. The reason I’m including this is because I’ve done this mod myself and it works perfectly on my V3-571G. But please read the warning below, as I don’t take any responsibility for my suggestion and this article, in any way what so ever!

WARNING - Don’t try this mod 'IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCED" and you don’t have a backup to recover from! Mods like these can wreck your BIOS and make your computer “INTO A BRICK”! ONLY attempt these sorts of mod if you can reprogram the BIOS chip to the OEM BIOS e.g. v1.13 (if this mod does not work) or you can replace the v1.13 chip, if this mod failed! This sorts of BIOS mods should only be attempted by very experienced computer technicians that know how to recover a failed BIOS update and they can recover a bricked computer BIOS chip! A normal person will/can experience lots of problems and this mod is NOT recommended!

For its recent laptop models; Acer (and its subsidiaries) have choose a weird way of delivering BIOS updates. When a model is sold without Windows 8, then it is delivered with v1.xx BIOS which lacks UEFI booting and Secure Boot support. If the same model is sold with Windows 8 and 8.1, then it is delivered with v2.xx BIOS with the option of UEFI booting and Secure Boot.

Problem is a user can’t update from v1.xx BIOS to v2.xx BIOS with the downloaded Acer BIOS update. It shows: “Please update to the same type of BIOS e.g. (v1.xx)”.

To avoid this detection, we have to hex-edit the following:
Note: This is the best method for Acer Aspire V3-571G with v1.13 BIOS use this method with Hex,editor

Open the bios update application with your favorite hex editor and locate the following:
DisableSecureCapsuleFlash=1
Change it to as follows:
DisableSecureCapsuleFlash=0
Save the changes. You can now update to 2.x using this modded bios. Flash from DOS or Windows.

If you can’t find the above string in the bios update application, then we need to take another path.

Extract the application using 7-Zip and try to locate isflash.bin (which is your bios file) & platform.ini. Then open them with hex editor and change like above. Now flash using InsydeFlash.exe.

To overcome all of the checks, we need to edit more:
DisableCompare=0
to
DisableCompare=1
&
SkipSecureBootProtectionCheck=0
to
SkipSecureBootProtectionCheck=1

If you want a SLIC mod, then mod the downloaded bios update using andyp’s tool. We have to alter another thing to flash the SLIC modded bios.

Again open the bios update application with your favorite hex editor and locate the following:
[ForceFlash]
ALL=0
Change it as follows:
[ForceFlash]
ALL=1

After updating to 2.x bios, you can safely update to subsequent updates without any modding. Note that you may have to re-install your previous Windows 8 installation after updating from 1.x to 2.x bios.

Credit goes to conghoaxa1@MDL & thanh2h@MDL.

I have a strange problem with my Acer V3-571G laptop. I need to reverse RAM slots so the system can boot.
So I decided to update my bios to the last possible update and unlock version. Can anyone provide me a bios update or a detailed structure to update it and its component?

intel.gif

nvidia.gif

ha my English is not very well
may i ask anyone for acer v3-571g 1.13 .fd ?
i have problem to get it
i cant even open it in my new computer

Can u reupload v3 571G moded bios?

Links not working

please note that my Gforce graphic card is 730M/4G
https://ufile.io/u6b8segc

the OVH datacenter fire of 10th March 2021 brought down many popular sites, of which tinyupload.com (apparently they have no plans on putting it back online) and that broke it lol

That’s not the modded (unlocked and updated) BIOS from this topic.

I kept a backup of the final version which is re-uploaded now at https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf13hk5fnnnw0gu/Acer%20V3-571G-_2.21-Q5WV1221-UnlockUpdate_ModFinal.zip?dl=1 and i will add it into the main post as well.

It just contatians a moded Gforce GPU rom.

It just contatians a moded Gforce GPU rom.

You are wrong… and didn’t look properly. It contains all firmware updates that we stepped through earlier in this topic, and also the BIOS unlock (advanced options). But like it was also mentioned, when it comes to vBIOS, only an update for 710m… all other cards have the stock version, its a multi vBIOS rom so that it fits more models and model variants of the same platform.

Hello, I want to update your bios, do I have to flash your bios with a USB with some tool?

I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to @DvL and @Lost_N_BIOS here! Thanks to this modded BIOS, I was able to unlock the advanced options on my Acer Aspire E1-531’s InsydeH2O BIOS! With this, I finally had access to the Serial port settings. I promptly disabled it as well as the Azazel port settings. I also found an ACPI APIC setting (which mentioned 2000 and XP even though only the latter works properly on non-modded Insyde BIOS), which I disabled. After saving, I booted W2K media without pressing F5 and it booted up in ACPI mode!

Here’s how to flash the BIOS to an E1-531.

1. Download this: Acer V3-571G-_2.21-Q5WV1221-UnlockUpdate_ModFinal.zip

2. Download the 2.21 BIOS (it doesn’t matter if your laptop is not at Acer’s official 2.21 BIOS) from here: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.21_A_A.zip?acerid=635264178355568077&Step1=&Step2=&Step3=ASPIRE%20E1-531&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

3. Grab a 32GB or less USB stick and format it as Fat32 (make sure to back anything up that may be on it).

4. Use 7zip to open up the Acer BIOS and extract the contents to the USB. Move the modded .FD file to the USB as well.

5. Plug the USB into the laptop and ensure the charger is unplugged from the laptop as well. Press and hold [FN] and Esc keys at the same time, plug in the charger while still holding them, and then press the power button. Continue holding the [FN] and Esc keys for an extra 5 seconds and then let go. The blue power light did not flash on mine. If, after a bit, you hear a succession of beeps, it was not successful, and it will restart automatically. If you hear nothing but the fan, it’s working, do not interrupt it, and wait for it to auto-restart.

6. Press F2 to open up the BIOS and explore the Advanced options!

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Request] fix for bricked bios Acer E1 571G

Yo, fellaz. I’ve flashed modded BIOS successfully, it’s ok.
But it’s still impossible to change the motherboard ID with H2OSDE-Wx64.exe tool:

Insyde H2OSDE (SMBIOS Data Editor) Version 200.01.00.08
Copyright(c) 2012 - 2020, Insyde Software Corp. All Rights Reserved.
SMBIOS 2.7

<-SS>
Write Field : [0x1:0x7]
Fail to set string! It’s read-only! (Error code=0x8d)
Executed commands = 1
Finished.

Can anyone tell how to edit the motherboard id in the Q5WV1X64.fd file so that it could be flashed with the new motherboard id?