ACPI compliant

Hi,

I have a new user and need help from experts like Fernando.

Fernando, I’m using you ACPI driver because the Lenovo T440p don’t leave me install WinXP (it BIOS don’t have the option to change the AHCI mode)
I made a WinXP64bit CD using nLite and incorporated you driver AHCI (64BIT), now the ACPI Blue Screen error don’t show, but
now show a new Blue Screen error relate to ACPI compliant.

I tried install press F7 key when the install begin to choise diferent ACPI mode, but only show ACPI Multiprocessor x64, ACPI Uniprocessor x64 and Other.
If select Multiprocessor or Uniprocessor show the same error and if select Other, then request a diskette with driver.

Then, I made other CD with WinXP32bits and you AHCI driver for 32bit. If don’t press F7 or F5 when the installation begin, show the ACPI error, but
if press F7 or F5 show the following list

ACPI Multiprocessor PC
ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
Compaq SystemPro Multiprocessor or 100% Compatible
MPS Uniprocessor PC
MPS Multiprocessor PC
Standard PC
Standard PC with C-Step i486
Other

I selected “Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC” and the installation continued to finished successfully and work fine.

Now, What I need? I need know How install XP64bit.

Do you have some idea?

Thanks,

Cesar

@ csar.morrone:
Hello Cesar,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report about the successful XP installaton!

It should work the same way:
Integrate the "Universal 64bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" into a "clean" (untouched) XP x64 CD and boot off it.
When you are prompted to hit F6, hit F5 resp. F7 and choose the same ACPI setting as with the 32bit OS.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando.

I made a new Installation CD integrate with "Universal 64bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" and press F5 in the begin installation process and only have 3 options.
ACPI Multiprocessor x64
ACPI Uniprocesso x64
Other

If select option 1 or 2 show the BSOD 0x000000a5.

Exist any driver for acpi that I can integrate on Windows XP Installation CD?

Thanks.

Cesar

20150423_132729.jpg

Why didn’t you try option 3 ("Other)?

Windows XP and XP x64 have an in-box ACPI driver. AFAIK there is no other ACPI driver available, which will solve your problem during the XP installation.

If the F5 option "Other" should give you a BSOD as well, you may try the following:

• a) Hit F7 instead of F5 and try the option you get then.
  • b) If this should fail again, open the file named TXTSETUP.SIF, which is within the i386 (XP) resp. AMD64 (XP x64) folder of the XP image, by using the Editor. Then search for the section named [ACPIOptions].
    This how it looks:

TXTSETUP.SIF ACPI Options.png

Replace the value "2" by "1" and save the TXTSETUP.SIF modification.

Good luck!

Hi Fernando.

If I try the select option "Other" on ACPI choise menu, show a screen that say "Setup could not find floppy drive…" I attach
the printscreen.

Then, I change the TXTSETUP.SIF file and made a new CD with the AHCI driver too.

If press F5 or F7 on the behaviour is the same, show only 3 options (Multipro, Unipro and Other)
Select Multi or Unipro show the blue screen error (attach printscreen), Select Other and request a floppy disk.

Why in XP32 the list have more options and 64 not?

What other think can I try?

Thanks,

acpi other option.jpg

acpi bsod.jpg

Ok, the option "Other" obviously means, tat you can load a 3rd party ACPI driver.
Question: Have you tried to press F7 instead of F5? If yes, what happened?

What happens, when you neither press F5 nor F7?
The sense of the TXTSETUP.SIF file modification is, that the XP Setup doesn’t care about the ACPI settings of the system.

Have you tried to press F7 instead of F5? If yes, what happened?
yes, if I press F7 show the same ACPI menu with only 3 options.

What happens, when you neither press F5 nor F7?
Show the BSOD 0x000000A5 error.

Zitat von csar.morrone im Beitrag #7

yes, if I press F7 show the same ACPI menu with only 3 options.

My questions were valid for the situation before having modified the TXTSETUP.SIF file.

Zitat von csar.morrone

Show the BSOD 0x000000A5 error.

This question was valid for the situation after having modified the TXTSETUP.SIF file.

Before change the TXTSETUP.SIF file: if press F5 or F7 show the ACPI Menu. If don’t press any key show blue screen error.

After change the TXTSETUP.SIF file: is the same behaviour. if press F5 or F7 show the ACPI Menu. If don’t press any key show blue screen error.

Ok, thanks for the clear answers.
I am sorry, but I don’t have any additional ideas about how to solve your ACPI problem with Windows XP x64…

Fernando,

What do you think about insert the model laptop on [GoodACPIBios] Section and create a new section like
[AcerAspire3100]
AcpiOemId="FACP","Acer "
AcpiOemTableId="FACP","V72MA "
AcpiOemRevision=">=","FACP",1

But with the values of Lenovo T440p?

Regards,

@ csar.morrone:

Although I don’t know, whether it will work, you may try it.