ACPI mod request for vga Intel UHD Graphics 600 detection

@Lost_N_BIOS

I am sorry I have not had chance to study this thread 100% but if your asking if its possible to graft a newer AMI ACPI version onto an older bios I have tried it once without success. The resulting bios bricked the board and had to reflash via a programmer. However that does not mean its not possible. I mean I would look for the next generation release of that motherboard, they would have to be very very similar, and try to take the ami acpi module and graft it over but I am not optimistic it would work. Maybe Coderush knows better ways.

Thanks @davidm71 - I think main issue is this system made for Win10, and he can’t install Win8, and gets some ACPI error (has not given error ID or code, if such a thing is given when this happens)
Which of these does he need to set to install Win8, default is 5.0

0x4A83F One Of: ACPI Selection, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x60, VarStore: 0x1234, QuestionId: 0x4, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x5, Step: 0x0 {05 91 A8 00 A9 00 04 00 34 12 60 00 00 10 00 05 00}
0x4A850 One Of Option: Acpi1.0B, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 07 AA 00 00 00 00}
0x4A857 One Of Option: Acpi3.0, Value (8 bit): 0x1 {09 07 AB 00 00 00 01}
0x4A85E One Of Option: Acpi4.0, Value (8 bit): 0x2 {09 07 AC 00 00 00 02}
0x4A865 One Of Option: Acpi5.0, Value (8 bit): 0x3 (default) {09 07 AD 00 10 00 03}
0x4A86C One Of Option: Acpi6.0, Value (8 bit): 0x4 {09 07 AE 00 00 00 04}
0x4A873 One Of Option: Acpi6.1, Value (8 bit): 0x5 {09 07 AF 00 00 00 05}

I assume none will matter, except of course there should be at least one as a minimal to use, but I think he needs something in the ACPI tables edited, which @XPLives is only one I know that does this.

Maybe could use Clover bootloader and have Clover inject a modded ACPI table. I am afraid ifs been a while since my hackintoshing days since I played with that but way it goes is you dump the tables either using AIDA64 or Ubuntu and you strip all unneccessary code from the tables and then recompile them on a mac and place that file in a certain efi folder location for Clover to inject. I would visit Insanelymac for further instruction.

MAC people would help with this, it’s nothing to do with MAC/OSX? Or did you mention this just because they know how to edit these tables easier being used to doing it often?

should check if Dev ID is set to Intel HM370 chipset inside both ACPI table and BIOS/UEFI

Intel® 300 Series Chipset Family On-Package Platform Controller Hub (PCH) Datasheet, Volume 1 of 2
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/pu…sheet-vol-1.pdf

330-15IGM got Intel HM370 chipset (Intel® Chipset Software and Drivers)
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product…l-HM370-Chipset

For Mobile Intel® HM370 Chipset
Drivers Chipset INF Utility 10.1.17 with support for Win8.1,Win7,Win10
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa…?product=135101

support both x64 and x32
Win 10, 32-bit*
Win 10, 64-bit*
Win8.1, 32-bit*
Win 8.1, 64-bit*
Win8, 32-bit*
Win8, 64-bit*
Win7, 32-bit*
Win7, 64-bit*
Win Server 2016*
WinServer 2012 R2*
Win Server 2012*
Win Server 2008 R2*

about the trackpad, there is information inside some Linux forums that say this

Add ELAN061C to the ACPI table to support Elan touchpad found in Lenovo
IdeaPad 330-15IGM

but don’t know if this is helpful to resolve this problem

Thanks LostNBIOS for your praise. But I also must admit that I have no clue on how to edit ACPI tables. :slight_smile: Not sure how I got that reputation.

Currently I think diderius6 knows a bit more about ACPI at least in regards to the BIOS and with XP which means ACPI v1.0 which has the best compatibility for installing older OS than Windows 10.

As for Windows 8 I pretty much disliked it since the Beta version I tested with Metro so I never installed the full version after that. If it’s possible I do have a trick that might work.

If the user can get a hold of an Ivy Bridge CPU system they should be able to install Windows 8 onto a hard drive. Do not activate.

Then pop that same hard drive into the supposed system that has the ACPI failure.

It’s no guarantee but I found some OS will work fine if installed on a more compatible chipset and then migrating the drive over.

The only downside is some extra added registry entries from the Ivy Bridge motherboard will still persist.

If you attempt to install an older OS and it fails on your chipset such as Vista->Windows8.X then unless you BIOS mod it to be ACPI compatible it won’t complete the installation.

If you can disable ACPI during install on Vista->Windows 8.X then you might be able to install it all the way through. I’m not sure how to manually disable ACPI during install for Vista->8.X so if someone here has done this let them speak on this.

But if you have a completed installation done on an Ivy Bridge it should work on the new system and boot up without an issue. At least with my Vista and Windows 7 installs they seem to work on the Z370 Coffee Lake system I had but just moving the drive over from an Ivy Bridge full installation. Since they use the MSAHCI driver you won’t get the dreaded BSOD 7B issue either. If you encounter some kind of BSOD A5 error then most likely you will need to BIOS MOD or find a way to disable ACPI during the first fresh OS installation.

Hi…I’ve had one USB port that occasionally takes very long times disconnecting USB sticks via the Devices & Printers control panel. As such, it’s no biggie for me.
But that could be what this is about…a sorta defective USB port. It’s a 3.1 Gen port. I use a 2 Gen stick on it quite often, I would assume USB ports would be backward compatible, but that’s just me guessing. Or maybe that stick is a piece of junk.

printed circuit board

Ok,

I2C & GPIO it’s only related to touchpad and has nothing to do with Intel UHD 600.

I can boot a version between windwos 8.0 and 8.1. This beta version: 6.3.9369 and it recognizes in Device Manager my Graphic cards with Microsoft Basic Display adapter however the hardware id it’s correct & detected (VEN_8086&DEV_3185).

So now… I tried to make a modified INF driver with no lucky.

Can somebody help me?

I tried adding this to a inf file:
%iGLKGT2E12% = iSKLD_w81, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3185

and also tried what I supposed it’s a compatible version based on what I read in notebookcheck (previous model Kaby Lake based): iBXTGTP12 Intel HD 500

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-UHD-…U.271820.0.html
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-G…0.182723.0.html

UHD Graphics 600 12 @ 300 - 700 (Boost) MHz 64/128 Bit
HD Graphics 500 (compare) 12 @ 300 - 700 (Boost) MHz 64/128 Bit

Well,

these are the interesting links I have about modding Intel HD drivers:

This is the -official- driver I am currently running on WINDOWS 10 RTM 10240 TH1):
https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/…ake-windows-10/

It is possible to port it to w8.1?

This is what I read:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/f…#comment-168268

"The graphics processors on not only Intel 6th gen mobile, but also all 7th and 8th gen processors are all based on Gen 9 LP (generation 9 Low Power) graphics core architecture.
" → https://www.texpion.com/2018/06/Intel-7t…ws-7-8-8.1.html

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/…or-gemini-lake/
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3906…-%28no-crash%29

Can I use something from there forum links?:
Win 7 x64 Coffee Like UHD 630 Video driver (3)
[OFFER] 7th/8th Gen. Intel GPU drivers for Win7/8.1

Can somebody make a modded w8.1 driver for: %iGLKGT2E12% = iSKLD_w81, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3185

If I run dxdiag on 6.3.9369 it uses WDDM 1.3 (default 8.1 wddm)

Lot of thanks,

Regards

One thing I don’t commented:

When I boot to 6.3.9369 and opened device manager I can see yellow exclamation under Display Drivers → Microsoft Basic Display Driver

and if I open Properties → General I can see:

"This device is currently waiting on another device or set of devices to start. (Code 51)"

Just trying updating to win10 rtm uhd 600 driver and the same.

I also tried this one I just found right now which has the hardware id…but only installs an audio driver:

Problem installing intel UHD 600 on Win7

and the same, I get the code 51 error… don’t know why since I have all the devices installed on device manager and only 4 without install which are the ones commented in the first post:

ACPI\INT3453\1
ACPI\INT3453\2
ACPI\INT3453\3
ACPI\INT3453\4

I’m gonna try installing with the “adding legacy hardware” way in a full windows 8.1 6.3 rtm installation since I can’t boot to w8.0 due to ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

It’s a shame because windows 8 flies on this hardware compared to w10…

_____

It needs to be something related to w8.1

since previous GEN (HD 500) has the same problem under windows 8.1 as you can read here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind…50-c00780a05b64

I don’t know how can I boot w8.0, I will try to get another beta build based on 6.2 and WDDM 1.2 to see what happen and if the code 51 disappears…

All my bios options are here in a .txt file (Thanks to LOST_N_BIOS): http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…423041284986443

What can I change to boot w8.0 (6.2) or w7 ?

Thanks for the support

Regards

Today I tried boot.wim from 6.2 (w8.0) with these changes in bios:

Boot mode: Legacy support
Boot priority: UEFI first

to:

Boot mode: UEFI

Boot priority option is not present anymore.

and now I get: “An unexcpected error has occurred Error code: 0xc00000e” instead of ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

Maybe it’s time to play with chipset drivers integration now?

Edit:
It was a problem with the usb bootable media… I still get ACPI BIOS ERROR… in 6.2

I tried to boot 6.2.9299 and I get ACPI BIOS ERROR problem (first windows 8.1 blue)

6.3.9369 boots OK (8.1 6.3 kernel) and also detects the VGA with device ID in device manage as I said, and considering what I have seen here Modded ACPI Drivers Depot 2000 XP 2003 2009 (2) @XPLives you have experience in ACPI modding. So since 6.3.9369 is the only 8.1 version that detects the GPU but gives me code 51, can I port ACPI drivers / files to Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1 so I will able to detect my GPU on Device Manager ? I prefer w8.0 if possible

I tried replacing acpi.sys and other files manually from 9369 to 9299 and mounting the boot.wim again. But same ACPI BIOS ERROR.

All the tests I have done are using boot.wim because it’s faster to unmount and mount since uses less files than install.wim

In conclusion, this is what I have:

6.2 (w8.0) RTM -> ACPI BIOS ERROR
6.2.9299 (First w8.1 beta)-> ACPI BIOS ERROR

6.3.9369 (w8.1 beta) -> Boots ok, VGA ID detected in device manager but yellow exclamation & “This device is currently waiting on another device or set of devices to start. (Code 51)” in Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. The same if I try to force driver installation to UHD 600.

6.3.9385 (w8.1 beta) -> Boots ok, no vga detected
6.3.9600 (w8.1 RTM) -> Boots ok, no vga detected

I tried with setup_var changing ACPI version in bios but always the same BSOD.

It will be also interesting if somebody can port w10 rtm ACPI driver to w8.0 or w8.1.

Is there any guide about porting ACPI drivers from one windows version to another?

Tell me what do you need and I will upload the files.

Lot of thanks,

Regards

[quote="voug, post:52, topic:33187"] I tried to boot 6.2.9299 and I get ACPI BIOS ERROR problem (first windows 8.1 blue)

6.3.9369 boots OK (8.1 6.3 kernel) and also detects the VGA with device ID in device manage as I said, and considering what I have seen here Modded ACPI Drivers Depot 2000 XP 2003 2009 (2) @XPLives you have experience in ACPI modding. So since 6.3.9369 is the only 8.1 version that detects the GPU but gives me code 51, can I port ACPI drivers / files to Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1 so I will able to detect my GPU on Device Manager ? I prefer w8.0 if possible

I tried replacing acpi.sys and other files manually from 9369 to 9299 and mounting the boot.wim again. But same ACPI BIOS ERROR.

All the tests I have done are using boot.wim because it's faster to unmount and mount since uses less files than install.wim

In conclusion, this is what I have:

6.2 (w8.0) RTM -> ACPI BIOS ERROR
6.2.6299 (First w8.1 beta)-> ACPI BIOS ERROR

6.3.6369 (w8.1 beta) -> Boots ok, VGA ID detected in device manager but yellow exclamation & "This device is currently waiting on another device or set of devices to start. (Code 51)" in Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. The same if I try to force driver installation to UHD 600.

6.3.6385 (w8.1 beta) -> Boots ok, no vga detected
6.3.9600 (w8.1 RTM) -> Boots ok, no vga detected

I tried with setup_var changing ACPI version in bios but always the same BSOD.

It will be also interesting if somebody can port w10 rtm ACPI driver to w8.0 or w8.1.

Is there any guide about porting ACPI drivers from one windows version to another?

Tell me what do you need and I will upload the files.

Lot of thanks,

Regards
[/quote]

Sorry don't know much about 8.X->10 at the moment as far as modding.

You can't port Newer ACPI.sys to older. Only works older on newer as long as the same NT version branch.

8.0 ACPI.SYS should work on 8.1 and 10.0 only. Not the other way. Probably a source code leak of 8.0 drivers you could make it work on Windows 10. So probably a dead end. Maybe canonkong knows how?

Ok, I will try 6.3.9369 acpi files in 8.1 6.3.9600, do you know what files are involved in hardware recognition for dsdt creation / acpi tables when windows boot and gets the info from the bios ? I tried replacing hal.dll in 8.0 and some acpi .sys files and it gives me BSOD…

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

I’m interested in trying an “Exp GDC” adapter on Mini PCI-E port of my laptop to connect an external graphics card (eGPU). As I know some laptops have a limitation so you can only connect a few Network devices on mini PCI-E port based on a White list on the BIOS.

It is possible to check in the BIOS dump you made some time ago if I have any restriction in the Mini PCI-E port of my laptop to use with exp gdc instead of a wifi card ?

This is what I found:

“Important: The preinstalled WLAN module may only be replaced with a
Lenovo approved module in order to comply with FCC and IC regulations.
Refer to “Table 5. Parts list—Overall” on page 69 for Lenovo part numbers for
the approved modules”

_ttps://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob…_hmm_201805.pdf

User of a laptop very similar to mine: _ttps://www.reddit.com/r/eGPU/comments/a…or_a_mini_pcie/

Some people with Lenovo laptops asking the same: _ttps://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-an…ked/m-p/2040643

JUST FOUND A WORKING eGPU SETUP FOR THE 330-14igm LENOVO, MY LAPTOP is 330-15IGM (same BIOS, different CPU only) so, is this guy doing the config without BIOS mods???

_ttps://egpu.io/forums/builds/2018-14-le…hasseur_de_mer/

This is amazing, can you @Lost_N_BIOS or some user with experience on eGPU confirm if it’s easy to do this??? And what about the risks for the motherboard? It is safe?

Lot of thanks!!

Regards

i’ll try if this works

[quote="Lost_N_BIOS, post:33, topic:33187"] Thanks, there is only two ways around this lock, if you wanted to flash via FPT. One is flash programmer, dump BIOS, remove the lock, program back BIOS, and then always disable this lock in any future BIOS you flash or program in.
Or, there is an older program called PRR to remove PRR/FPRR lock, but it was made when only error 28 meant this, now that ME/FPT is much newer it gives different error #. So it may or may not work, only you can find out - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...212795469914268
Make DOS bootable USB, put copy of all FPT\DOS folder contents on root of USB (not in folder), and then put your biosreg.bin file there too. Boot to DOS, Run Prr2.exe and without reboot try to flash biosregion >> FPT.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin
If no luck, try PRR.exe, then same, don't reboot and try to FPT flash.

Ohh! I always almost forget, you can also test this, since MANY old BIOS have this bug. Put system to sleep (S3) for one minute, then wake it up and try to FPTw flash again

That thread at BIOS-mods is not about how to enable advanced BIOS menu, it's about how to change individual settings using grub. This is possible on your system in UEFI mode or Legacy, doesn't matter, but it is easier via legacy mode
Here's how to boot that way legacy mode, on systems that do not have exit to EFI shell on BIOS exit page (ie your system) - [Help needed] Hidden Advanced menu Bios HP Z1 J52_0274.BIN (2)
And here's my guide on how that works, generally, similar to the thread you linked - [GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 280 or 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash

So, main issue with graphic is that you need to use Win10, or find compatible Win8 driver. Sorry, I can't help with that.

Back to setup_var and changing settings. Do you even have an idea of what settings you want to change? If yes, tell me which and I can tell you how, what commands to use to set what etc
This is not used to unlock BIOS, that's a totally different process and not something you personally do, unless you know how to unlock BIOS. This (Setup_var) is only used to change BIOS options default settings in place (visible or hidden ones can be changed)
Here's a textual output of all the BIOS options you have (visible and hidden), a few settings may be obscured by Intel - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...423041284986443

[/quote]

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS ,

Do you think it's possible to disable "Processor Power Management" on my bios options? It's how some lenovo users fixed the ACPI BIOS ERROR in lenovo 2009 laptops ( https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-D...ws-7/td-p/85279 )

Sorry don’t know much about 8.X->10 at the moment as far as modding.

You can’t port Newer ACPI.sys to older. Only works older on newer as long as the same NT version branch.

8.0 ACPI.SYS should work on 8.1 and 10.0 only. Not the other way. Probably a source code leak of 8.0 drivers you could make it work on Windows 10. So probably a dead end. Maybe canonkong knows how?

Hi @XPLives

This is really interesting cause I tried replacing old .sys files in newer builds and I can detect the GPU on device manager.

Now I want to try acpi.sys mentioned here: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewto…?t=8570&p=36429 ( "Modified acpi.sys for LENOVO IdeaPad laptops (file 27.10.2020) - https://ufile.io/7yoq75ti " )

Do you think it’s possible to get this working on w8 ? or maybe not cause it’s different branch?
If it’s not possible, doesn’t matter but, at least, this means it’s possible to get a modded ACPI.sys and prevent the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR on modern motherboards without modding the BIOS, right?

Can some expert on this forum compare acpi.sys from w8.1 beta build and port it to w8.0 ?

Disabling processor power management in bios it’s a good option too if somebody can check the .txt of my bios options and see if it’s possible: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…423041284986443

Since this is an old thread, this is a resume:

I get ACPI_BIOS_ERROR in Windows 8.0 x64 on LENOVO 330-15IGM which has Intel HM370 chipset.
So I want to replace ACPI.SYS (or disable Processor Power Management in bios with setup_var method, if exists with a different name.)

I can boot beta 8.1 builds starting with 6.3.9369 (w8.0 is 6.2.9200) and also, of course, any >w8.1 build

I can also get the GPU detected replacing a .sys file, but I get error codes when I install the driver. So running w8.0 with an eGPU will be a good alternative

Thanks to all

The ACPI mod was v1.1.

This is a compilation of my progress trying to get Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600 working (Gemini Lake Gen9) on a Windows 8.0/8.1 or last Windows 10 beta with Windows 8 taskbar and theme and WDDM 1.3 (10.0.9888):

(This post can help you to get the GPU detected on w8.0 and w8.1 but with yellow marks)

To get GPU detected on Device manager
1 - Extract these files from Windows build 6.3.9369 iso (w8.1 beta):

c:\Windows\INF\intelpep.inf
c:\Windows\INF\intelpep.PNF
c:\Windows\System32\drivers\intelpep.sys
c:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys

2 - Copy/replace these files in installed 10.0.9888 (last w10 beta with 8 taskbar and theme)
You can install it without BSODs with WinNTSetup and then renaming these files & also the folder: c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\intelpep.inf_amd64_549e2067be3548c5)

3 - Now you have UHD 600 detected on Device manager without yellow marks as “Basic Display Adapter” and device ID it’s detected cause it’s PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3185 !

4 - At this point I tried modding different .INF files, most of them give me black screen. It’s better a black screen than a GPU not detected cause it means the driver it’s installed for the Device ID and, at least, it’s partially working.

Versions I tried:

- Intel HD & Iris Graphics Drivers Version 22.20.16.4675 WHQL x64 (This one works fine in w10 rtm & 10.0.10586)

Other versions I played with adding and removing what @DeathBringer told me here: Intel UHD 600 on Windows 8.1 Help

- 4505 (intel_vga_4505_64(www.station-drivers.com))
- 4839 (intel_vga__21.20.16.4839-64(station-drivers.com))
- 22.20.16.4675_mod_win8_kabylake
- SMXDIY_Win64_15.45.27.5068_Beta_4.0
- SMXDIY_Win64_15.45.27.5068_Beta_4.0_signature
- win64_15.45.33.5164 → Problem installing intel UHD 600 on Win7
- Intel-FORCED-6Xx64-HD600_21.20.16.5077
- win7_8th_i3_i5_Driver_2.0_biostar
- win7_8th_i3_i5_Driver_2.0

IMPORTANT: WIth one of these drivers I get, one day, the blue login background with lot of squares on the screen showing part of the name of the user, I mean something like https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/upl…s-8.1-login.png but I don’t remember which driver it was. So I’m sure it’s possible to get the an Intel UHD 600 driver working for this GPU at least in 9888 build which have WDDM 1.3

Also if anybody found this post interesting and wants to try to get it working I have some .txt files with notes and links:

Problem installing intel UHD 600 on Win7

https://www.texpion.com/2018/06/Intel-7t…ws-7-8-8.1.html

"I have got it to work in this way with v21.20.16.4860 (11/15/2017) or in the above terms [win64_15.45.23.4860] which shows as “Intel HD Graphics 630” in Device Manager. You can just copy the Windows 7 section from an older version into the newer versions including the header line “%Intel% = IntelGfx, NTamd64.6.1, NTamd64.6.2, NTamd64.6.3, NTamd64.10.0, NTamd64.10.0…14393” "

Another test I have done some months ago was porting the pci.sys to a different build which, at the beginning doesn’t detected the GPU.

If you think you can help me determine why I get the black screen ? Maybe with the Intel LOG file?

I have also read about intelppm and hal in threads about installing XP on modern hardware:

https://www.tenforums.com/general-suppor…odern-pc-6.html
"The archive contains hal.dll and intelppm.sys timer fix for Intel"

____

All this information is to get this ID working:

%iGLKGT2E12% = iSKLD_w81, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3185

Currently I get it detected with a black screen

Thanks to all,

Regards!

Maybe some users from ACPI mod thread know if I need to replace more .sys files ? @infuscomus @diderius6

____

Edited:

You can also search for it’s previous Gen GPU: %iBXTGTP12% = iBXTD_w7, PCIVEN_8086&DEV_5A85

Other promising links:

https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=58:5052-7
https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=58:5107:110#110