Add support for x64 on an AMI uefi bios

Hi, is it possible to add suport for x64 on an AMI uefi bios? It’s for an Intel Z8300 tablet, here is the bios.

@wall :
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Does that mean, that you cannot install a 64bit OS onto your Intel tablet?
If yes, why do you want to get a 64bit OS installed onto it? Which OS are you running now and whih chipset has your tablet?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi, I’m currently running Win10 1607 x86 on this tablet, it has an Intel Atom X5-Z8300, which is an x86-64 processor.
I need it for some applications that only run on x64.

Yes, but it is obviously the budget Intel chipset (Cherry Trail) of your tablet, which doesn’t allow to install any x64 OS. You will not be able to change such limitation by a BIOS modding.

I don’t know any application, which doesn’t support a 32bit OS.

This is a very rare case with this tablet model, every other Z8300 tablet or computer stick is x64 capable. Mine is a Chuwi Hi8 Pro, it is the first batch that came only with Windows 10 Home x86, the later revisions are dualboot Win10 x64 and Android x86-64.
I’m sure the problem is the bios, but is this doable with the available tools for Aptio bios’?

I don’t know a way to solve your problem by modifying the BIOS. Even if it would be possible, I do not recommend to try it. The chances to get a bricked tablet after having flashed the modded BIOS are much higher than the chances to get x64 support.