After BIOS Programming LAN is gone

I disabled the Internal GPU in BIOS and after retarting the PC, it failed to give me Display. I tried to short the CMOS jumper and removed the CMOS battery for overnight but BIOS didn’t reset. So next day I programmed my BIOS using CH341A programmer using BIOS dump from the Internet. I didn’t backed up my original BIOS. After programming the BIOS the problem is solved but the LAN problem arises. It’s like my PC do not know what LAN is . NO sign of LAN in Control panel . Re installing windows don’t help. ( Additional info if it helps :- I have another PC with same chipset ( H61) and same BIOS version ( AMI) but different vendor. )
I’m new user so I cannot upload files.
My motherboard version :- ZX-H61C/B75 V2.31
The BIOS dump I flashed is :- BIOS - ZX-H61C V2.3 | Vinafix.com
please see this link :- [ https://sharetext.me/n82ca5kmua]

But you’re still allowed to link to a google drive of whatever provider you choose.

Otherwise: That’s the risk of flashing something unknown without taking a backup of the own, original firmware.
Without looking into the file there’s no possibility to say anything, and there’s a lot of possible reasons for your problem- including damaging hardware when disassembling / flashing.

• What type is the lan chip?
  • DIsplay a pic of network devices (all in expanded view) in device manager
1 Like

new user can only post 2 link in the post . more links are coming, update :- they are not letting me to link google drive here.
my post is hidden as it was flaged by community. :frowning:
ok now flag is removed , thnx moderator.
please see this link :- it is a temporery link :- updated in main post.

All your links need a login, not able to download or look at anything.

1 Like

sir sorry for that it is fixed now.

Realtek chip in your pics is the sound chip.

Otherwise there’s not much one can do. Found some other images, ME config is identical, so it might either be bios settings LAN to PCIe line for example or a hardware damage while flashing?

THe other H61 firmware you tried seems to be too different. Rarely seen a H61 bios reg with a NVMe menu.

Will send you a prepared image to flash, but I’m not too optimistic!

1 Like

ZX-H61C B75_V2.31 WORKING BIOS 100%.rar (2.5 MB)

Try this please and report feedback.

That’s identical to the bios he got from vinafix, you couldn’t check since the link was in the expired textfile.

There are 2 files in this zip- the original bios with empty NVRAM and clean ME (don’t think this will work better) and a different bios, empty NVRAM and clean ME, too, more promising.

zx-h61.zip (5.0 MB)

Please report back.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’ve read 2.3 bios version and motherboard 2.31 thus I supposed it was a different bios.

No reason to feel sorry, how could you know?

I found 2 firmwares at badcaps, one has identical bios to the one you found, one is different… Let’s see what he/she reports back.

thnx for your help . but as @lfb6 said I have already flashed this file but no good.

@lfb6 sure , im trying those and report you back.

BAD news, no file works but I found a new hope to this.
I have noted one thing that all the BIOS have same CORE VERSION, same COMPLIANCY, but different Project Version.
The first BIOS file provided by you have PV :- T61CR 2.04 x64 ( named as diff bios )
The second BIOS file provided by you have PV :- H61CR 2.04 x64 ( named as org bios )
The BIOS of My working (LAN) Motherboard have PV :- H61CR 0.14 x64
And luckly I have also found the bad motherboard’s PV :- Z61CR 4.00 x64 here → ( https://sharetext.me/fvscrmpmww ).
I guess if somehow I manage to get the same motherboard’s bios dump would fix the issue or I might have to swap the LAN chip from a donor board. What’s your opinion on this ? EDIT :- no need to flag tgis post dear automation.

New folder.zip (4.3 MB)

2 more

Not working ,
file no 3 shows blue screen of death and file no. 4 don’t even bother to boot the motherboard , here are the pic and videos :- https://sharetext.me/qm82cgbgsp
i think i’m done with it . I need to move on and live my life peacefully. unitll I found the exact dump. Thnx for your kind efforts and help. I’m grateful to you.

Well, if LAN is important and you don’t need bios support (PXE), then a cheap PCIe card might do?

Otherwise: Always make a valid backup of a bricked firmware before writing to the chip! You never know what you get ‘out there’.

Good luck!

Hi if you still have this problem try mac update tools from asrock site
worked for me with lan problem after bios wipe
https://www.asrock.com/support/download/mactool.asp
idk about driver but this fixed my problem “code 10” With LAN Realtek yelow mark in device manager
outimage.zip (2.5 MB) Bios from BadCaps ZX-H61C V2.3

tried this also, but no good. same situation with PCIE card. Yeah I learned the backup thing the Hard way.

ok i will give it a try. but it needs updated realtek LAN driver which is not possible in my case since Driver is not detecting any LAN chip and fails to install.