alienware bios reflash m17xr4

reflash bios uising ch341a
bios dump
mobo = LA-8341P Rev1.0(A00)
bios chip = winbond W25Q64FV

old bios bv 1 30 .zip (3.19 MB)

@Jonno - What software and version did you dump this with? This is corrupted dump (not from a corrupted BIOS, usually, I mean it doesn’t look like this normally from bad flash, or corrupted BIOS etc)
For W25Q64FV use software 1.30 or 1.34 and W25Q64BV ID

What do you need to do here, once we get a good dump?

I need to get a bios image to flash
Dell apparently put the rom file in with the bios file and I can’t separate them and I’m using the ch341a for the first time and I’m trying to get a good dump at the moment so I can get the correct image made up
I used 1.30 software and BV ID as the chip is FV

trying to get a good dump how can you tell when you get a good dump
this is the second attempt with different software version 1.34

old bios bv 1.34 2nd.zip (3.2 MB)

@ Jonno
try this

this.rar (3.01 MB)

@Jonno - How did the above file work? @earthoo7 - did you put his info into that?

I can tell by looking at the dump with BIOS tools But, I guess in this case my suspicions were wrong
You’re dumps are identical above, so I guess your BIOS maybe just is that kind of corrupted, it happens but it’s rare

Here is A15 stock BIOS w/ unlocked menu and your windows key inserted, I can’t fix your current BIOS as it is because it’s too corrupted to get info from certain area, and A13 has been pulled from Dell site too (if you want me to Fix A13, send me copy you have)
Program back using 1.30 and BV ID, unless you’re already good to go with the above file
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…865761010182836

@Lost_N_BIOS
no, i did not put his info on above file.
i simply give him fresh bios from dell .exe
if everything good with new bios user can insert service tag or asset tag info
in bios .
if jonno get his display back with this fresh bios
after that insert his info in above bios.
thankyou

thanks you awesome guys I’ve just loaded it in now time for the rebuilding part will let you know how it goes

@Jonno - which BIOS did you program in? Fingers crossed

the one you sent as its unlocked and i started with you so no offence to earth007 if this dosent work ill try the one you sent
massive appreciation

Update:- partial success
I had 5 beep code when first trying to start it I got this sorted by holding fn button and starting etc got it to boot into bios then windows however I have no fan on gpu and cpu the keyboard isn’t working also but I think that’s a connect issue tbh
After looking into the thermals and such in the bios I exited the bios and now I’m getting 8 beeps which is apparently gpu related will let you know how I get on with it lol

@Jonno - Yes, sounds like you don’t have some things (several) connected properly inside. Take it apart and put all back together again that way you’re sure all ribbon cables and other tiny connectors are in fully and properly.

Think it’s a driver issue have reset windows and it’s picking up everything the fans working and sound now plus the gpu seems to be responding to fingers crossed it’s nearly there thanks soooo much I’ll sort out a little donation once pay day is here bud
Did I mention your awesome lol

@Jonno - Ahh, great to hear you found the issue was windows and didn’t have to tear the system all apart again!
Yes, maybe you mentioned I’m awesome before, if not, there it is Thanks man